Polynesian Owners Thread/FAQ

Congrats! We love the poly and had to add it as our second home resort. As far as your every other year plans just want make sure you are aware of the borrowing rule currently in place - you can only borrow up to 50% of your contract. This may put a wrench in some peoples plans. If you will be in more of a banking mode - then you shouldn't be affected. We have no clue how long this will be in place as it is hopefully a temporary restriction.
Thank you! I’m always open for helpful hints. I’ve done some napkin math and the borrowing restriction might cost us a night our first trip but hopefully that’s about it.

Can I reasonably expect to get a week in Std view at 11 mos?

Thank you! I’m always open for helpful hints. I’ve done some napkin math and the borrowing restriction might cost us a night our first trip but hopefully that’s about it.

Can I reasonably expect to get a week in Std view at 11 mos?

Easily with no problem.

Can I reasonably expect to get a week in Std view at 11 mo
Poly is actually pretty easy to get even at 7 months. Although certain times of the year are busier (Oct to early Jan) so make sure to be on and booking at the 11 months window if you want to go during that time. I have even used some 7 month points to book in April at the poly.

Aloha! I am happy to announce that my wife and I put in our first offer to become members at PVB. We are first time DVC owners and the last month of research led us to buy a steal of a deal to have our homebase be with the great people of the Poly. Our offer was accepted. So we are now in the paperwork phase. Please wish us luck and fortune that everything goes through and Disney doesn't trump us with ROFR. Any newbie information or links to info my wife and I could use as first time owners would be appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks Kat. Do you have a personal preference or is it more dependent on proximity to your particular longhouse?

We generally stay in Moorea and even though the TTC is closer, we tend to walk over to the GCH and take the monorail from there. Boat is usually our first choice, because it's more fun. But the monorail from the GCH is less crowded and once you're through security there, you're done. For EPCOT, we walk to the TTC.

Aloha! I am happy to announce that my wife and I put in our first offer to become members at PVB. We are first time DVC owners and the last month of research led us to buy a steal of a deal to have our homebase be with the great people of the Poly. Our offer was accepted. So we are now in the paperwork phase. Please wish us luck and fortune that everything goes through and Disney doesn't trump us with ROFR. Any newbie information or links to info my wife and I could use as first time owners would be appreciated. Thanks!
Congratulations!
May I ask what was the deal? I am currently looking at the market to become a first time DVC and Poly is my #1 choice!

Same so I don’t have any advice but good luck! We are a week+ into ROFR so be patient, that thread is now seeing waivers slowing to past 30 days in most cases. They have not taken anything in the last 2 months so hoping we will clear as well.

200 pts at 130 per point. None this year, but full points next year. All paperwork has been submitted and down-payments made. It is in Disney's hands now...
That is a pretty good deal indeed!
I am looking for a smaller contract so I guess I will have to settle for a higher price per point...
I hope you get through RoFR, but it seems like it’s very likely! Good luck!

Deed was finally recorded so now I can officially call myself an owner at Poly. It was our first DVC contract and we are beyond excited to go hike next summer.
We passed ROFR yesterday. How long did it take between that and recording for you?

We generally stay in Moorea and even though the TTC is closer, we tend to walk over to the GCH and take the monorail from there. Boat is usually our first choice, because it's more fun. But the monorail from the GCH is less crowded and once you're through security there, you're done. For EPCOT, we walk to the TTC.
I was just poking through this thread, and I wanted to commend this post. So here I am!

We previously stayed in Tokelau and loved it. One of the true highlights was the accessibility of all forms of transit. We love variety and took each non-walking transit to the MK: resort monorail from Poly, express monorail from TTC, resort ferry from Poly, and gigantic ferry from TTC. When they open the walking path from GF to MK, we'll probably make the walk a time or two on our subsequent trip.

One of my favorite parts about vacationing at WDW is the absence of the car. When we used to live in FL and drive, I wouldn't see the car for the duration of our trip. When we live in MI and fly (though we did drive once), I don't see a car ever. It's incredible. It surely doesn't pack quite the same punch now since I rarely go to work in my car thanks to COVID, but when the world gets back to something resembling normalcy in the future, the ability to have a car-free experience is invaluable. Plus, I don't take a lot of ferries or monorails in my regular life.

People might like that Michael Kay was at Poly recently, had a tour of the Bungalow's, and ate at Kona Cafe. If you are not familiar with Michael give a couple of his other videos a view as he is probably one of the happiest people you will see doing Disney videos.

Hi- we are looking into renting points next April during school vacation (3rd week). Wondering if that is ever available at the 7 month mark?

We use Southwest so flight windows not open yet so not sure how to pin down travel dates to book sooner than that

also, we will not be able to buy AP's- wondering what other ticket options there are now that work with DVC and the new park reservation system in place since Covid.

Hi- we are looking into renting points next April during school vacation (3rd week). Wondering if that is ever available at the 7 month mark?

We use Southwest so flight windows not open yet so not sure how to pin down travel dates to book sooner than that

also, we will not be able to buy AP's- wondering what other ticket options there are now that work with DVC and the new park reservation system in place since Covid.
You should be able to purchase tickets as normal and link to your MDE. Then you can do the park reservation system. As for availability at 7 months, I'd say that in most years you would have a moderate shot as long as you are willing to pay up for lake view. However, with the absolute glut of points due to COVID shut down I would say it is not likely of landing a poly rental at 7 months. Of course I could be wrong.

How loud are the ferry boats if staying in Tokelau? I'm looking at booking there for my April trip, but I've heard that the ferry boats can be super loud depending on the building/location.

I was able to get two night in standard view before going to WL. We are happy to be by Kona Cafe since we enjoy breakfast there, and it’s an easy monorail to Epcot.

Is there a “better” standard view building? Request to make?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!