Ponchos

TiggerInNY

Seize the Day
I know this was posted before, but I can't find it.

Where can I get inexpensive ponchos? I think someone said Wal-Mart or Target? I tried Wal-Mart, but only found ones for $5.99 each. Are these the right ones?

I know someone out there can help me?

Thanks in advance.

TTFN,
Maria

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

You should be able to find ponchos for less than $1.00. I found them at Target with the camping gear. I think they were 99 cents, but I've heard of people finding them for 49 cents too. The best thing was they were folded and packed so they were about the size of a pack of playing cards, only thinner. Unfortunately, once they're unpacked, they're impossible to refold down to that small.

You can mail your extra $5.00 per poncho to me! :p

Good luck and have fun.

Yes. I found Coleman "emergency" ponchos for $.89 each in the camping supply section of Target last week. Good luck!

Jo

But.... if you get serious serious rain like we did last June, you will be better off with the 5.99 ones, We had the very cheap 99c ones and they weren't brilliant, I felt like I was wearing a drycleaning bag most of the time and by the 5th day of rain I was really regretting not buying a decent poncho.
of course, the trouble is you can't tell if it;s going to be a solid week of rain, or just a short burst until the end of the week :rolleyes:

Do you have Dollar Express in your area?
Their rain ponchos come 2 in a pack (for $1, of course!)
We can't stand to have wet ponchos drying in our hotel room, so we just throw them out when we're done, and bring new ones for our next park day.

I knew I could count on you guys. I live in NY and am not too close to a Target, but I know where one is. I do have some dollar stores around me. I will check those out, too.

We're not going until October but believe it or not, I'm starting to get some things together already. The more I could spread out the spending on things we need, the less likely it's going to hurt the pocket book.

Thanks again.

TTFN,
Maria

I'll second the sentiment about cheap ponchos. They're fine for a light drizzle, but with the downpours you get in FL, they're like wearing nothing. You can't cinch them around the face, and there's a big gap at the arms. So when you're holding the hood around your face, the rain goes in the arm holes. You give up quickly on walking around outside. We bought the rain suits (forget the brand) at Target, and left the pants at home. The jackets are really nice, and are exactly the same as the CM's wear. The CM's were asking us, "do you work here?" Diana

We bought 3 packs of the 2/$1 ones from Dollar Tree. I thought they were great! Yes, they are thin, but the sides are sealed. I often used one for the stroller, because we never knew when it would start raining again.

I don't like the big heavy ponchos, because I get very hot when wearing them.

If you have a very small child I would suggest buying one of the Disney ones.

We got the "disposable" ponchos at Target and if you look around you can also find them in kid size at Target or Wallmart. Target has them with the "Coleman kids" stuff and Walmart has them with the fishing/camping gear. We like these because they are small and we can all fit one in our fanny pack. They are great for the occasional shower but I agree with the other posters about them being useless in heavy rain.

If the forecast calls for "real rain" rather than the typical fl afternoon shower then we bring raincoats or all weather coats. Ffor normal day to day touring the disposables are good in a pinch. I have found the colored ones to be a bit sturdier than the clear ones HTH.

TJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter