Pool temperatures

scrapycruiser

DIS Veteran
We arrive in 2 weeks. Just wondering what the pools temperatures are like.
I know this has been asked before, but what time is best to grab pool chairs ?

From memory, you are a group of adults so you should be able to get lounges by the adult pool without much issue. Lounges around the lazy river and “kid” pools are harder to come by - people tend to set up camp by 8am in my experience. We never had issues down by the lagoon.

we have only ever been at Aulani during the first couple weeks in December (which we find the resort empty). The pools and lazy river are always cold upon entering, despite the weather being hot. However, I'm sure most people have a different thoughts about whats "cold" and not. However, speaking for ourselves the water has that ice water effect of being very "refreshing" and that initial shock of being cold. Since we find the water cold and often stops us from getting into the pools or lazy river...we have found our preferred method to enter. That is going on one of the slides as you have no choice ( so true for Volcano Vertical) to get dunked into the water. Once your in it's fine and you can swim or enjoy the lazy river. Otherwise you tend to enter the pools slowly and end up only going to waste deep and then getting out. Once your in the water you really don't feel it. Since it's always a bit windy at Aulani...getting out can be a bit cool. Again just our personal opinion

We are here now. Today the temp in the lazy river was great. I don’t like cool water and it was wonderful. I agree with the breeze upon coming out of the water though.
We didn’t come down to the pool until after lunch and there were a few open chairs by the adult pool. It is so relaxing there.

I think they are a little cool, but it depends on the day. Yesterday afternoon the infinity pool was nice and warm, this evening it was a bit chilly. I guess it jus depends on the day. Certainly not like the wdw pool temps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!