Pool view vs Garden view... Opinions?

Robinrs

DIS Veteran
I had the garden and boat dock view, which I LOVED at the HRH in May. For my December trip though, I wanted to know from those who had the pool view was it worth the few extra dollars?

Was there noise? Did you have a good view of the park? Just wondering...

I don't look out the window too much, so I don't care much about the view. I say just give me the cheapest you got! :)

I'm with Barry. I don't even plan on getting the upgrade. If the grandkids had a view of the pool, I'd never get them to the park. They would rather swim all day.

Vote for pool view, for different reason, if you have Loew's First you get a one class upgrade, would you rather have a shot at pool view or concierge, again if hotel is full no upgrades, but it's amazing how $20
can free up some of those rooms for the upgrade...

I don't know why a view matters so much to us, but it does. With the great ent. rate in April we took a pool view. I've been to some pretty nice places, and let me tell you, the view set the mood from the time we walked in. Kept the drapes pulled, all the palms trees were swaying, very tropical look.
Now, it would really be worth it if there was a balcony. The pool was never too noisy, music and fountains start at 8, shut down at night at 10. Of course we had two teens with us, so they loved anything they could hear. We booked for next year, and I'm tempted to get a garden view, but it's hard to go down when you had something so grand.

4th Floor Pool View

RIMG0125.JPG

RIMG0113.JPG

Zoom in and Dr. Doom's Fearfall, Hulk Coaster, Universal Arch are visible
RIMG0114.JPG

Universal Studios with Dueling Dragon's Lift in background
RIMG0115.JPG

Another shot of Fearfall, Hulk and the Arch
RIMG0119.JPG

At night, it was really pretty all lit up. I have to say we quite enjoyed our pool view. We couldn't hear anyone outside, nor did we ever hear anyone in the laundrette that was right NEXT door. I can only imagine the view from the 5th, 6th or 7th floor could only have been better.

Wow, you ask a simple question....

WOW!:bounce: AWESOME PICS, RHONDAS!

I never considered adding the $12 until now, especially considering what could probably be an upgrade from that! I'll be there on a Monday and Tuesday during the low season so I could probably get one, I HOPE!

Thanks for the help, folks!

One more...

In the middle of this shot is the pool slide.

RIMG0123.JPG

I think that's the Nick Studios building in the background??

I would look at the poolview while waiting for the elevator on the 5th flr and it looked inviting , but the garden seemed so much more relaxing and breathtaking, especially after a stimulating day at the parks ...just my humble 2cents...:smooth:

We had a garden view and our friends had a pool view. We thought our room was better tho because we had the last room of the hallway and it had two windows, which made the room feel extra big. Doesn't really matter what the view is, you're just lucky to be at the HRH!!!! I WANNA GO BACK......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter