Pools, Playgrounds, Health clubs and Parking?..Sorry more questions

Jaga

Earning My Ears
If I am a DVC member staying with points?

1. I gather from this forum that valet parking used to be free for all guests (BWV and VWL). Do DVC members now have to pay for this service?

2. Also if I choose not to use DVC transport to the parks do I have to pay for parking at the main parks incl water parks?

3. Are the health club facilities at the DVC resort complimentary for DVC members?

4. Apart from AK can I pool hop to ALL the other resorts or or just DVC and SAB?

5. I have seen SAB, VWL pool and Luna park. Any others with slide or sand worth a visit for kids age 2-4.

6. Is there a playground with (land) slides and swings for kids at a WDW Hotel that is recommended and can be accessed.

Having dithered this way and that we have finally signed papers for a BWV resale and feel comfortable with our decision. Thank you to everyone on the board for your help.

And thanks again for helping answer some MORE of my questions

Nearly.....Home

Jaga

Valet parking at BWV and VWL is no charge (just tip) for DVC members when staying at a WDW resort.

Being a guest at a DVC resort is the same as all the other WDW resorts....you do not have to pay for parking at the parks.

DVC health clubs are complimentary for members while staying at the resort (I believe you could also go to OKW while staying at BWV, to VWL while at BWV, etc.)

Currently, all pools except AKL are available for pool hopping. You should call ahead to the resort where you plan to "hop" to be sure it is okay for that particular day. DVC has also started to put in pool hopping blackout dates around major holidays like Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I'm not an expert for #5 & #6.

We usually only pool hop to the Contemp. and SAB. Sometimes just for change, we'll stay at the moderates on the weekends and use our points during the week. Our kids loved most of the moderate pools because of their slides and different themes. The carribbean was nice because we could watch the kids in the pool, watch football at the outdoor bar, and enjoy the band that would occasionally play outside the foodcourt. The Coronado was also nice. They had a nice playground, and we played beach volleyball for hours. The same with the contemp., (volleyball), Dixie landings seemed a bit crowded, while we were staying there. The Port Orleans was a nice change. Our last trip at the Contemp. , they had a DJ and hula hoop contests for the kids. They have a playground slide with sand, etc... They have the boats the kids could rent, and one of the better video arcades. We have stayed at the Poly and GF, but We haven't tried the pools since they added slides.When you use the gym at the Bwv, make sure they don't bill your room when you check out, this happened once before and was taken off the bill. If you get the chance to try the Hard Rock at Universal you should. We loved our last stay there. The pool, volleyball court, and tent rentals by the pools were great.

Originally posted by PamOKW
Valet parking at BWV and VWL is no charge (just tip) for DVC members when staying at a WDW resort.
Maybe I'm having a senior moment but thought that the only exclusion posted for the new charge for valet parking was DVC members at DVC resorts, not at all WDW resorts. I would assume that guests staying at a particular resort are also excluded but haven't seen it posted anywhere.

I've also seen the health club facilities discussed previously and I don't believe I've ever seen anything that says that DVC members can use the facilities at other DVC health clubs. I do know that recent threads on this subject have suggested so but seem to recall discussion that OKW members had trouble using BW health club facilities when staying at OKW. This was maybe 3 years ago is my impression.

My belief is that pool hopping will soon fade or at least SAB will be cut out when BC opens. Your park parking question has been answered. I too have no info for #5 and #6.

the only exclusion posted for the new charge for valet parking was DVC members at DVC resorts, not at all WDW resorts.

The notice on the Members site indicates that the free valet service at BWV and VWL is available for DVC members by showing either a resort ID stating "DVC Member" or their DVC membership card.

This would suggest that members don't have to be staying on points for this feature.

My recollection is the same as Dean's about the health club usage. I don't recall any policy about using Y&B health club, as was mentioned in another thread.

River Country is the only other pool I can recall which has a sand area.

There are children's play areas at most WDW resorts, but I can't speak to the equipment available. Most are in the pool areas.

I actually think that the All Stars have pretty good playgrounds. With the age of your kids, head over to the ASMovies. They will love the 30 foot Buzz Lightyear and Woody and there is a lot to climb around on. As for pools, my DS's liked GF and Poly pools as well as SAB. I thought the one at PO Riverside was good too.

and BTW... <FONT color=orangered size=4>WELCOME HOME</FONT>

My understanding on valet parking is the same as Pam's--DVC members can use it free at VWL and BWV regardless of whether they are staying at a DVC resort (that is also logical as employee and other costs for providing valet are included in the dues that members pay at that resort and thus charging DVC members the $6 at BWV or VWL that all other WDW resorts are charging would be the same as charging the members twice, once through dues and then the extra fee).

Other than valet parking, you can park anywhere at WDW for no charge but that is a perk of staying at a WDW resort and not just for DVC.

The playground at BWV is pretty good and it sits near the main pool and is on cushioned waterproof mats rather than ground). Another that we like is at FW, which kids use before or after going to Hoop Dee Doo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter