Poor service at RPR- long

amandaC

DIS Veteran
This was our 1st stay at the RPR. Our first night there our DS3 had a stomach bug and vomited all over the bed at 1 am. My DH called for new sheets. At 1:45 he called again. They finally arrived after 2 am. I understand that they are probably short staffed at that hour, but more than 1 hour with no sheets and a sick child was not fun.

Then two days later, my DH gets sick. I left him to sleep in while I took the children for breakfast. I left the do not disturb sign on the door. DH forgave housekeeping the 1st time they knocked. But the 2nd time he lost his patience, opened the door and asked the poor girl if she would please read the sign for him. She then apologized and left.

We got late starts to the parks on the days we went out. There were always housekeeping carts at angles in the halls, frequently two side by side. I constantly had to move the carts so that we could get through the halls with our stroller.

I asked the concierge about the character breakfast at the parks (there was a sign for it behind him) and he said he didn't know anything about it and to call in the am. He also couldn't name any of the full service restaurants in US. I called and spoke to a different person to ask about the dive-in movie and she knew nothing about it but was kind enough to ask someone else.

Has anyone else had similar problems? We have stayed at PBH and had a great stay.

Uggh, I'm sorry to hear about your DS and DH getting sick. :(

I had some of the same problems at HRH. My room didn't have a room service menu in it so I called and asked for one. It still wasn't there an hour later so I called again, 2-1/2 hours later it finally appeared. I wasn't entirely annoyed about it cause it was just a room service menu, however, if I had called for clean sheets and had a sick child, I would've been really upset.

I also had a few problems with housekeeping. After spending several hours at IOA, my boyfriend and I decided to go back to the room and take a little nap. We put the do not disturb sign on the door and crashed. We woke up to someone knocking on the door. My boyfriend jumped up to get the door but before he even got there, housekeeping had opened the door. She acted startled when she saw my boyfriend, promptly apologized and then left. We had no clue why she was even entering the room as it had already been cleaned.

We noticed the housekeeping carts in the middle of the hallways as late as 6pm, which seemed a little strange to me. Again, these problems were at HRH not RPR. We'll actually be staying at RPR for the first time at the end of April.

Did you bring attention to any of the problems to management while you were there? I didn't tell anyone about the problems cause they really weren't that big of a deal at that time. But after the fact, I realized that I should have spoken up cause afterall the hotels are supposed to be 4 star hotels and you'd think the service would be a little better. I'd definitely stay at HRH again cause there are a lot of wonderful things about it but the service really should be better.

If interested, the following link is to Loews Hotels guest survey.
http://www.loewshotels.com/aboutus_guest_survey.asp

Okay, I'm done writing my novel now. ;)

What??? How disappointing. I feel like I stayed at a totally different resort. Sorry, you experienced this. Hopefully, things are not changing.

Hello! I stayed at RPR at the beginning of December & also had several problems with Housekeeping & the concierge staff.

I emailed management when I returned, and never got a reply.

This year we will be staying at HRH & after reading AllieKat's report, I'm a little worried it won't be any better than our stay at RPR. But at least my kids will have a slide :p !

It just astounds me that they have people working concierge who don't know anything about the parks or some activities at the hotel. They should be experts - that's their job! How helpful is it to have someone sitting behind a desk in a coat and tie who can only reply "duh, I don't know..."

For goodness sakes, send them home with a hotel brochure, a Universal travel guide and the website address for Universal ! Perhaps they should test them first on knowledge....

Sorry, just a pet peeve...I'll get off my soap box now.

Puffy 2 -

You are absolutely justified in making that comment! It IS their job - otherwise, why would you even HAVE a concierge desk - why not just ask at check in?

That would irritate me as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter