Pop Century Room Renovations

You’d think the night before they’d know what rooms were opening up? Congrats on getting new room. Sometimes I wonder if the room assignors even look at requests.

I went to the lobby that day and told them that I would like to be moved and she suggested that each morning I come down and ask if anything was open. I went down the very next morning before we went to the park-around 8:30- and asked if anything had opened up and was told that a room was open f I could be ready to move in quickly. I said I would be packed and ready in 10 minutes, which was easy since I hadnt unpacked and had only been in my other room for like 14 hours. They moved my stuff while I was at the parks and they texted me my new room assignment that morning. I when I left Epcot that night after illuminations I went directly to my new room and my magic worked fine and all of my stuff was there waiting for me like this:

View attachment 277944
That’s nice that they moved your stuff for you. When we switched rooms at AKL we had to move everything ourselves.

That’s nice that they moved your stuff for you. When we switched rooms at AKL we had to move everything ourselves.

Wow, that's too bad! I have never heard of someone having to move their stuff themselves, even when changing resorts. I thought Disney always moved your stuff for you when you changed rooms. It's a great perk!

Now, if I could just figure out how to get them to take my stuff home, unpack and do the laundry I'd really be singing their praises! ;)

Wow, that's too bad! I have never heard of someone having to move their stuff themselves, even when changing resorts. I thought Disney always moved your stuff for you when you changed rooms. It's a great perk!

Now, if I could just figure out how to get them to take my stuff home, unpack and do the laundry I'd really be singing their praises! ;)
Nope didn’t move our stuff or even offer to. We didn’t like AKL all that much anyway to be honest.

It would be nice to have them unpack and do the laundry!

Had to move rooms at WL and had to take our stuff down to bell service in the morning, then when we got back from the parks, call bell service to bring it up. No automatic just moving it to our new room.

So would it be best to do online check in and request the 80s section and then still go to the front desk early in the morning the day we arrive and request again? I already called and asked for a refurbished room. We are there in March.

How soon are people sending in their room requests? We will be there Feb 1-8. Also, what is the best way to send them in? Email, Fax, Phone? Can you do this via MDE?

I hope the attachments come thru.

As scrappinginontario said, here is the post with the mattress information, Post #2514.

I was trying to look at back since it was folded but DS warned me not to pop it off and risk jail time. :lmao:

They are Sealy. Not to say Sealy isn't bulk purchasing from someone else and selling to hotels.

The second picture at right shows measurements, this is the murphy bed, so it is in writing a queen.

View attachment 259058

View attachment 259059

How soon are people sending in their room requests? We will be there Feb 1-8. Also, what is the best way to send them in? Email, Fax, Phone? Can you do this via MDE?
I'm going February 28-March 1 and I probably won't call until 10 or less days before my trip. I think it's too early to call right now. I'm not even doing online check-in because last time I tried it switched my two preferences. I had to call so they could take them both off. I'm just going to wait until my actual 60 day mark to do my online check in.

Just a heads up that both MDE and Disney.com seem to be down at the moment. You probably won't be able to do anything at this time.

Hope they get it fixed quickly as I've heard both FP and ADRs are down too - including in the parks and at the resorts!

I'm going February 28-March 1 and I probably won't call until 10 or less days before my trip. I think it's too early to call right now. I'm not even doing online check-in because last time I tried it switched my two preferences. I had to call so they could take them both off. I'm just going to wait until my actual 60 day mark to do my online check in.

If you call them in it doesn't make any difference when you do. You can do it anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When you do it gets attached to your reservation with all the other details like room type, number of guests, length of stay etc. If you send a fax it should be closer to your arrival because that could easily be misplaced as it's a separate piece of paper. We always add our room requests when we make the reservation as we always book via phone.

If you call them in it doesn't make any difference when you do. You can do it anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When you do it gets attached to your reservation with all the other details like room type, number of guests, length of stay etc. If you send a fax it should be closer to your arrival because that could easily be misplaced as it's a separate piece of paper. We always add our room requests when we make the reservation as we always book via phone.
Oh okay. Thanks!

Here now, we got connecting rooms in the 90s section and they are fabulous! I would've had no problem staying here our whole trip, but alas we're moving to AoA today. I only made my request via touring plans fax and it simply said "Connecting rooms are my 1st priority, if possible we'd love the 80s or 90s section."

Does anyone have an educated guess on when they will start renovations in the 50's buildings? I requested that section and will be staying there at the end of April.

Does anyone have an educated guess on when they will start renovations in the 50's buildings? I requested that section and will be staying there at the end of April.

I thought someone had posted on this thread that they heard the renovation was going left-to-right, so 50s would be the last set of rooms to be renovated.

Maybe that was a rumor or guess, not fact? I recall thinking it was contrary to what people had assumed (that the 60s would be last).

...but if that is true, then the 50s wouldn't be in construction at the end of April.

I noticed that the pattern looked that way too with the 50's going last, but I wasn't able to tell when they would actually start on that section. Originally i read they were supposed to be done with all of the buildings by May, but that things have been delayed so its hard to figure it out

Even a wild guess is getting difficult. it was looking like they were overlapping the work on buildings so that there would always be 2 buildings being worked on. Then they opened 7 in early September and still haven't closed 6 as far as I know, so are they now working on just one building at a time? It doesn't seem to be speeding things up if they are.

I think it's been a pretty sure thing since early on that they are going backwards through the decades and the 50s will be last. Even if they go back to working on 2 bldgs at a time, though, I wouldn't expect any 50s buildings to be complete by the end of April.

Even a wild guess is getting difficult. it was looking like they were overlapping the work on buildings so that there would always be 2 buildings being worked on. Then they opened 7 in early September and still haven't closed 6 as far as I know, so are they now working on just one building at a time? It doesn't seem to be speeding things up if they are.

I think it's been a pretty sure thing since early on that they are going backwards through the decades and the 50s will be last. Even if they go back to working on 2 bldgs at a time, though, I wouldn't expect any 50s buildings to be complete by the end of April.
I'm pretty sure they are only doing one building at a time. I don't see the 50's being done by April either. We are going the beginning of March and I think the 70's will just be getting done around that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!