Pop Century Room Renovations

I went to do my online checkin for Dec and the two drop down boxes to select room preferences are blank? Are they having problems with that right now?

I went to do my online checkin for Dec and the two drop down boxes to select room preferences are blank? Are they having problems with that right now?

I know the entire reservation system was down yesterday (or maybe it was the day before) so there could be some bugs still needing to be worked out. In the last few weeks when people have had trouble with the drop-down menus for online check-in, the 2 things that sometimes helped were 1) Try using an incognito window to open your account and do online check-in; and 2) Click on the "I agree to the terms and conditions" box on the page and then go back to the drop-down menus.

Here now, we got connecting rooms in the 90s section and they are fabulous! I would've had no problem staying here our whole trip, but alas we're moving to AoA today. I only made my request via touring plans fax and it simply said "Connecting rooms are my 1st priority, if possible we'd love the 80s or 90s section."

Do both parties need to make the same request and do they each need to include both confirmation numbers? We would love connecting rooms as well.

** Current Status of Pop Renovations **

Buildings 7, 8 and 9 (80's and 90's sections) COMPLETE

Buildings 10 (70's section) IN PROGRESS

Historical Refurbishment Date as best we can determine:

Building 8, 90's, started renovation on March 6, 2017, opened on June 8, 2017 (~renovation time 94 days)

Building 9, 80's, started renovation early May 2017, opened approx July 27, 2017 (~renovation time 80 days)

Building 7, 80's, started renovation early June, 2017, opened approx Sept 20, 2017 (~renovation time 70 days)

Building 10, 70's, started renovation, started renovation Aug 1 2017, STILL BEING RENOVATED

If my math is correct Building 10 is at 81 days... :confused3

Was talking with a CM earlier today regarding my questions about the dog policy and also my reservation at Pop in January. She said that they are almost done with the refurbishments, and I said for which decade, and she said "the whole resort, from what I can understand!". As much as I wanted to believe her....that seems really far off the mark based on the info I gather from this thread!

Last edited:
Was talking with a CM earlier today regarding my questions about the dog policy and also my reservation at Pop in January. She said that they are almost done with the refurbishments, and I said for which decade, and she said the whole resort, from what I can understand. As much as I wanted to believe her....that seems really far off the mark based on the info I gather from this thread!

:rotfl2: LOL! She doesn't have a clue!!! They are only about 1/3 of the way completed at this time and that's not taking into consideration the rumored refurbishments of Classic Hall! :rotfl2:

Was talking with a CM earlier today regarding my questions about the dog policy and also my reservation at Pop in January. She said that they are almost done with the refurbishments, and I said for which decade, and she said the whole resort, from what I can understand. As much as I wanted to believe her....that seems really far off the mark based on the info I gather from this thread!

Consistent. Worse. Phone. Customer Service. Ever.

My dad had a stroke two weeks ago. My one sister and I have been running back and forth 40 minutes each way almost every day. We have one older sister that refuses to help. He has been supporting her financially for most of her life (and she's 50!) has refused to help or even visit him. I don't know what is more stressful... all that, or waiting for Building 10 to be ready in two weeks! He's coming along fine and looks like he will be 100% soon. So I'm thinking Building 10 is more stressful....

My dad had a stroke two weeks ago. My one sister and I have been running back and forth 40 minutes each way almost every day. We have one older sister that refuses to help. He has been supporting her financially for most of her life (and she's 50!) has refused to help or even visit him. I don't know what is more stressful... all that, or waiting for Building 10 to be ready in two weeks! He's coming along fine and looks like he will be 100% soon. So I'm thinking Building 10 is more stressful....

:hug: hope your dad's recovery continues to go well, and hope you get a room in building 10 on arrival!

Agreed! If they don't know something for sure just say that. Or say "hold on, let me check the DIS".
When working in phone support, the sad thing is its 10 percent knowledge and 90 percent confidence. Normally when you say something with confidence in your voice people will believe you, because they themselves don't know, and that is why they are asking. I always say, talk to ten different people and get ten different answers. Maybe the cast member meant that they were almost done with that ONE building. She messed up by saying resort.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope he gets better soon. I understand about having someone who gets everything in the family and gives nothing back. I think a lot of family members have that. I look at it this way. The one person can have everything they want physically from my parents, but as long as I have their love I have all I will ever need.

I will be at Pop for 3 nights in Jan. Really wanting a renovated room, and plan to make that my only request. My problem is we won’t be checking in until pretty late on our day of arrival. Will this hurt my chances at a renovated room? Will using online check in help my cause? (I’ve never done that.)

Tim Tracker did a walking tour of POP last week and building 10 is still very much under construction. The phone CMs kill me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter