Pop Century Room Renovations

walked by building 6 again today, and a section of the rooms look done!! They had left the TVs on during the weekend, and now the curtains are down with no paper on the windows.

They had the fire alarms going off today, I presume as a test since there wasn’t any commotion from the construction crew. That should mean it’s very close to opening.

Someone earlier posted that they used the corners of Coke boxes with rubber tipped clips and these worked well for them at minimal cost.

That was me. Once we had something on the corners that was a bright color, we didn’t have any problem avoiding them. We already had the bag clips, and the soda box would have just gone in the trash.

They don’t pad the corners though so if you have young kids the pool noodle idea might work better. Our party was all adults.

When making room requests, should I be using the fax, email, phone or MDE method(s)?
I’ve never faxed because I don’t have a subscription so I’ve always done it online or on the phone. I’ve still been able to get what I want and if I don’t at first, I make sure to go to the front desk and ask if there is any other possibilities. I’ve never been denied the ability to switch to a new room.

I’ve never faxed because I don’t have a subscription so I’ve always done it online or on the phone. I’ve still been able to get what I want and if I don’t at first, I make sure to go to the front desk and ask if there is any other possibilities. I’ve never been denied the ability to switch to a new room.
It's possible to send your own fax instead of using the Touring Plans service. If you don't have the TP subscription, @ilovetotravel1977, I'd recommend calling in your request. The online check-in room request section isn't very specific. So if it is a refurbished room you're after, you should request that through a phone call. You could also do a request via online check-in and select something like "1980s", but I wouldn't suggest letting your online check-in request replace a phone call.

It's possible to send your own fax instead of using the Touring Plans service. If you don't have the TP subscription, @ilovetotravel1977, I'd recommend calling in your request. The online check-in room request section isn't very specific. So if it is a refurbished room you're after, you should request that through a phone call. You could also do a request via online check-in and select something like "1980s", but I wouldn't suggest letting your online check-in request replace a phone call.
I'm still debating what I want to put on my reservation online. I want top floor for sure, but I also want a refurbished room. Right now all I have is highest floor on my online check-in and then I'm thinking about calling in to get a refurbished room.

Currently we have a preferred pool view room booked because that's all that was available. If I stick with that I won't be getting a renovated room correct? I just looked and they have standard rooms available now so would I have a better chance of getting a renovated room if I switch to a standard room? Our stay is in February

If renovations start in February as expected, does anyone know from past renovations how long they usually take to complete? I really would like to stay there the end of July but double beds are too small.
And our stay is in February 2018

Currently we have a preferred pool view room booked because that's all that was available. If I stick with that I won't be getting a renovated room correct? I just looked and they have standard rooms available now so would I have a better chance of getting a renovated room if I switch to a standard room? Our stay is in February

And our stay is in February 2018

I would say probably correct, no renovated room, if you are going in February.

Switching to standard opens up rooms in all the renovated buildings.

We had a standard pool view room at first and I wasn't very happy about that, but then I just kept checking every day and about three days later there were standard rooms. I would keep trying to switch it to standard if you can.

Checked in today and luck was on my side!! Building 10 refurb room and I love it - it's lake view if I can post a photo I will - and took the plunge and upgraded to AP
I didn't think you could see the lake from Building 10.

I didn't think you could see the lake from Building 10.
I would guess you have at least a diagonal view from the last room or two on each floor that faces building six, as I can usually see part of the lake at that point when walking between the buildings. It wouldn’t be nearly as good as the views from building six though.

I would guess you have at least a diagonal view from the last room or two on each floor that faces building six, as I can usually see part of the lake at that point when walking between the buildings. It wouldn’t be nearly as good as the views from building six though.
Yeah I'm hoping for building 6 when I go February 27!

43A4BF22-762E-45D2-97B2-B0FA7D77A939.jpeg [/GALLERY]
Can anyone going in the next few months that is planning to use their fridge for snacks/drinks take a picture with stuff in it to give a better idea of size and what to bring/order? I see lots of the older fridge but they have space in the door for items, these new ones don't I can make sense of the size when they are empty.

Here’s a pic from our fridge. We didn’t have an issue with the fridge keeping things cool. Worked great for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter