Pop Century Room Renovations

Just double checking- for anyone there now/recently, are there pool towels currently offered?

I can’t decide if I want to opt out of housekeeping or not. The only day I am really concerned about is our rest day. If we opt out and have security checks I don’t want them banging on our door when we are trying to sleep in. I also don’t feel like worrying about getting my own supplies but it sounds like housekeeping hasn’t been doing well in that regard anyway. Sigh

I can’t decide if I want to opt out of housekeeping or not. The only day I am really concerned about is our rest day. If we opt out and have security checks I don’t want them banging on our door when we are trying to sleep in. I also don’t feel like worrying about getting my own supplies but it sounds like housekeeping hasn’t been doing well in that regard anyway. Sigh

I haven't decided either...

We’re definitely opting out. DH is an early riser so even with the 3 hour time change he’ll have us up anyway! We don’t plan to spend much time at the resort so I’m thinking the security checks won’t affect us much. Maybe you could notify them of your rest day and ask them not to disturb you too early on that day? It sounds like some guests have had luck with that. I’m happy to track down my own extra towels and supplies for a $90US gift card!

We will be opting out as well and am only slightly concerned with security checks because we always sleep in and stay out later. Hubby usually goes to food court for coffee while I sleep later and I wonder if there is a certain time security comes to do their checks. Anyone have any experience with what happens if you don't get up to answer their knock?

Any current updates on Buildings 5 and 4 with preferred pool view rooms? The last I read, there were ppv rooms almost ready in building 5 but not sure if they have opened any yet? (yes, I read the updates on page 1 :)) Are all ppv room reservations still being put into building 4? Thanks for any info! :)

We’re definitely opting out. DH is an early riser so even with the 3 hour time change he’ll have us up anyway! We don’t plan to spend much time at the resort so I’m thinking the security checks won’t affect us much. Maybe you could notify them of your rest day and ask them not to disturb you too early on that day? It sounds like some guests have had luck with that. I’m happy to track down my own extra towels and supplies for a $90US gift card!
We would only get a $40 gf but I guess that’s better than nothing. I think we might opt out and I’ll call the night before or ask when we check in about our rest day.

We will be opting out as well and am only slightly concerned with security checks because we always sleep in and stay out later. Hubby usually goes to food court for coffee while I sleep later and I wonder if there is a certain time security comes to do their checks. Anyone have any experience with what happens if you don't get up to answer their knock?
I know there are a ton of reviews and posts about this on the resorts board. I think people have had varying experiences.

We opted out on our 7-night stay. We were at the parks everyday except one. That afternoon, DH was in the room while we were in the pool. Security check guy came, identified himself, came in looked around the room and bathroom, then left. The rest of our travel parties were in the pool as well, so not sure if the security guy just went into their room without them in there or not.

That morning, we were going down to breakfast around 9:30 and the housekeeper was making her rounds. We asked her if she could take the trash and get more towels, tp, etc and she said no problem.

We are staying at POP for the first time for 5 days in April. It will be 4 of us but my 7 and 10 year old daughters and I will be the only ones doing parks while DH goes to a conference. We've stayed at POFQ and CSR before (2 totally different feels) we hated CSR because it was so spread out and the bus situation was not great. Does POP have only one bus stop? Which building would you recommend I request for a standard room to be close to transportation?

We are staying at POP for the first time for 5 days in April. It will be 4 of us but my 7 and 10 year old daughters and I will be the only ones doing parks while DH goes to a conference. We've stayed at POFQ and CSR before (2 totally different feels) we hated CSR because it was so spread out and the bus situation was not great. Does POP have only one bus stop? Which building would you recommend I request for a standard room to be close to transportation?
Yes, only one bus stop with different lines for the individual parks. We've always had awesome bus service at Pop.
As far as the rooms go, we book preferred now to be safe, but we have gotten lucky and had a non-preferred room in the 60's. 60's would be closest, with parts of the 70's and 50's not bad as far as distance.
80's and 90's are a hike.
Have fun. We've stayed at all levels and still love Pop. We are heading back this July

Question about room requests using Touring plans. I was just emailed a reminder from Disney to do on line check in (which I've already done) and the reservation number was different than the confirmation number that is listed on MDE. Which number do I put when doing the room request on Touring Plans?

Yes, only one bus stop with different lines for the individual parks. We've always had awesome bus service at Pop.
As far as the rooms go, we book preferred now to be safe, but we have gotten lucky and had a non-preferred room in the 60's. 60's would be closest, with parts of the 70's and 50's not bad as far as distance.
80's and 90's are a hike.
Have fun. We've stayed at all levels and still love Pop. We are heading back this July
I thought the 80s and 90s weren’t bad if you went through the parking lot?

I thought the 80s and 90s weren’t bad if you went through the parking lot?
Cutting thru the lot will shave some time off, but they are still the farthest out from the Hippy Dippy Pool and the food court.
Getting to the bus stops isn't too bad if you cut thru the parking lot.
We had a room in the 90's for our first night of our first stay at Pop. We had recently stayed at POFQ and weren't prepared for the sheer size of Pop. I do believe that the room we were in was one of the farthest out, so I may have a skewed perception. I went to the front desk first thing the next morning to see if we could move to a preferred room if it was available and we would pay the difference. The front desk CM found us a non preferred room in the 60's and moved us.
Since then, we've always just booked preferred.

Last edited:
We would only get a $40 gf but I guess that’s better than nothing. I think we might opt out and I’ll call the night before or ask when we check in about our rest day.
I should have opted out of housekeeping and gotten the money for how crappy housekeeping was for our stay.

Question about room requests using Touring plans. I was just emailed a reminder from Disney to do on line check in (which I've already done) and the reservation number was different than the confirmation number that is listed on MDE. Which number do I put when doing the room request on Touring Plans?
I'd say use the actual number of the reservation on MDE. That's what I did last time and I ended up with the room next door to the one I wanted!

What happened?
My experience from last month is floating around in one of the Pop threads, I'm unsure which one. The only positive I can say is they made our beds. Our trash wasn't emptied, our towels weren't replaced, even when they took them all, leaving the towel bars empty, and our toiletries were never replaced.

My experience from last month is floating around in one of the Pop threads, I'm unsure which one. The only positive I can say is they made our beds. Our trash wasn't emptied, our towels weren't replaced, even when they took them all, leaving the towel bars empty, and our toiletries were never replaced.
Ouch. That's definitely not good

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter