Pop Century Room Renovations

For those asking about requesting rooms, I did mine about a week ago.

Call 407-939-7630.

They are going to ask some information about your reservation in order to get the right one. So that includes email and what name you used to book the trip.

When you talk to the person, have your reservation number ready.

Then you can just simply tell them your request. I requested either a King room or a renovated room. Neither at guaranteed but it's worth a shot.
Maybe you could get both! I walked past a king refurb when I was checking out last week!

We are in a renovated room right now and love it. The mattress on the Murphy is extremely and surprisingly comfortable. We are on the first floor and do not hear our upstairs neighbors. A lot of storage space. The only issue I have is with the glass shower doors. We use the string for our bathing suits in the shower and in order to use the string you need 2 people to get the string across to latch on to the other side. Glass door is too big for one person to get the string over.
Can you stand inside the shower and pull it across to the other side? That's what I always did before the reno's anyway.

Ok, so a little help, if anyone knows the answer.

I'd like to book at Pop for Jan 10-12 of 2018. I want a refurbished room. Do not care where in the resort my room is; refurbished is the priority. Is there a room type that will give me a better chance? Standard, Preferred, Pool View within either one of those etc. I've been looking at some maps and trying to piece together the renovation schedule but I don't know that I trust my calculations, as I have never been to Pop.

If anyone has any insights, would be much appreciated!:thanks:

If you can book a preferred Pool View room, I'd be tempted to do that. PPV rooms are all in the 60s, and I really think they will either be done or under construction - no old rooms still open to guests. That's just a guess. But any other category could land you in the 50s where there will probably still be old rooms open.

I just booked a preferred room for april 2018 any bets on whether the renos will be done on the preferred room's

I would seriously hope they're almost done by then with maybe just bldg 2 to finish, so yes, I would think the odds would be good that Preferred rooms would be done - or if there were still some under construction, any Preferred rooms that were open would be new.

Another video is up on YouTube!! I just keep searching for POP Century room and filter for posted today - new one from The Mouse Diva - and it includes footage of the bed being pulled down.

One thing she said on the video a couple of times was that the old POP fridges had a freezer. ???? Mine did not, although it did kind of freeze my water bottles.

And she says she is in the 80s
Another video is up on YouTube!! I just keep searching for POP Century room and filter for posted today - new one from The Mouse Diva - and it includes footage of the bed being pulled down.

One thing she said on the video a couple of times was that the old POP fridges had a freezer. ???? Mine did not, although it did kind of freeze my water bottles.

I'm looking at the 80s now. Building 9 is not done. Half of building 7 is done, half of 7 is not. The side closest to 90's is done.
ETA: I was wrong and should have said half of building 7 was "open". I assumed it was "done" because guests were going in and out of the rooms and there were no checklists on the windows, as there were on the rooms in the other half of building 7, which were clearly closed and being renovated. Since guests were clearly going in and out of the open section, I did not peek in the rooms to determine if they were pre- or post- renovation.

I am sure no one is even reading this now, but this post was bothering me because my report was clearly wrong, because we now know building 7 is still closed.

Last edited:
Are they renovating anything besides the rooms? How is the noise and disturbance? We are looking at booking for January and are concerned about noise from the construction.

Any updates on whether king beds will be available still?

I didn't realize that! I just checked and I have preferred room not preferred pool view.

Check out the map @FinnsMom7 posted on the previous page. There are many more preferred rooms compared to pool view rooms anyways in the 60's.

But depending on when your trip is, I would hold off making any requests too soon. I'm guessing they would be working on the 60's buildings in the fall.

Hi: Can you tell me if the refurbed rooms have any kind of paint smell or any kind of smell. We are looking at staying there but dd gets severe migraines to any kind of fragrance or chemical smell.

Deb.

Assuming the 80's will be done in August, how would I request specifically the portion of the 80's closest to that 90's parking lot? Also, if I make a room request does it help to call a few days before or just discuss with them when we arrive?
I would use the Touring Plans room finder.

Ok, so a little help, if anyone knows the answer.

I'd like to book at Pop for Jan 10-12 of 2018. I want a refurbished room. Do not care where in the resort my room is; refurbished is the priority. Is there a room type that will give me a better chance? Standard, Preferred, Pool View within either one of those etc. I've been looking at some maps and trying to piece together the renovation schedule but I don't know that I trust my calculations, as I have never been to Pop.

If anyone has any insights, would be much appreciated!:thanks:
Standard.
Once the Eighties are done, there will be about* 128 renovated Standard Pool rooms, and about 736 renovated Standard rooms. When the Seventies buildings are finished, they will offer 192 renovated Preferred rooms and 396 renovated Standard rooms.

So now we're at 1,132 renovated Standard rooms vs. 320 renovated Other rooms.
Sixties' completion will add 192 renovated Preferred Pool rooms, 192 Standard rooms, 396 Preferred rooms.
New counts: 1,324 Standard, 588 Preferred, 192 Preferred Pool.
Fifties completion adds 192 renovated Preferred rooms, about 192 Standard Pool rooms, and about 288 Standard rooms, bringing the final totals to:
Standard 1,612
Preferred 780
Standard Pool 320
Preferred Pool 192

*not all Standard Pool direction rooms are designated as such, because some face the perpendicular buildings

All calculations done in my head, so not quite accurate; Pop has 2,880 rooms - not 2,904! But the point is, more than 50% of the rooms are Standard, and Standard renovated rooms will always outnumber the other three types of rooms combined, at all phases of the refurbishment.

Looking for an estimate of what will be done by start of September....any chance the closer building of the 80s will be done at that time? I'm not familiar with which building is which.

I'm looking at the 80s now. Building 9 is not done. Half of building 7 is done, half of 7 is not. The side closest to 90's is done.

Thanks for the update. :thumbsup2 I'm interested in building 9 of the 80's, you said it's not done. Could you expand a bit on that, like what part of the process did it look like it was at? Any details would be great! Thanks!! Hope you're having a great time :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!