POP or CBR?

gypsy_at_heart

DIS Veteran
I recently booked a room at pop for my Disney vacation in January but upon reading some trip advisor reviews (bugs :eek::eek:) I started to get cold feet. I found a deal for CBR for the same dates for $300 more but as they are under construction I'm not sure if it's worth it... Thoughts? Has anyone stayed at both? Or stayed at CBR recently?

Fingers crossed I'll be able to rent some dvc points and this dilemma will be moot, but I'm a bit doubtful in my luck. :/

I stayed 5 nights at Pop in January didn’t see one bug. :confused3

Ditto. In all my stays at Pop we’ve yet to encounter a bug. Which is surprising.

I would choose Pop over CBR even if CBR was the cheaper choice. We did not care for our stay there.

Pop is our Disney home, we don’t even bother trying new resorts anymore. Every time we do we wish we were back at Pop.

Side note: it’s Florida. There’s the potential for bugs anywhere. They’re not as choosey on resort options as we humans are.

Normal bugs don't bother me, it's the bed bug variety that freaks me out. :scared:

It is making me feel better that you both have stayed with no incident​

Normal bugs don't bother me, it's the bed bug variety that freaks me out. :scared:

Our room was honestly immaculate. Housekeeping could not have done a better job.

I have read numerous threads about issues at other resorts (including some of the most expensive deluxe ones), and can honestly say I had none of those experiences while at Pop.

Were there reports of bedbugs?

Unfortunately they can be (and have been) at any resort.

There were a few reports on trip advisor for bb at pop and a couple pictures - that's what freaked me out.

Your comments make me feel better, I'll just do a good bed check right when I get in. It could just be a couple isolated incidents.

Over 25 stays at POP, 5 this year, last a couple weeks ago. NEVER seen bed bugs or any bugs for that matter. Make your only request a renovated room (you'll have to call and add to your reservation).

I would stay at Pop myself. I stayed at CBR a few years ago and I didn’t like it at all.

With the significant construction going on at CBR, I would probably recommend POP at this time. I know some have stayed at CBR and been fine with it, but it's something to consider.

I really liked CBR when we stayed there last December, but with the type of construction going on I would do POP.

I recently booked a room at pop for my Disney vacation in January but upon reading some trip advisor reviews (bugs :eek::eek:) I started to get cold feet. I found a deal for CBR for the same dates for $300 more but as they are under construction I'm not sure if it's worth it... Thoughts? Has anyone stayed at both? Or stayed at CBR recently?

Fingers crossed I'll be able to rent some dvc points and this dilemma will be moot, but I'm a bit doubtful in my luck. :/
You're able to get a DVC room on points for the same price as Pop or CBR? Where do you see this?

You're able to get a DVC room on points for the same price as Pop or CBR? Where do you see this?

I was able to find a deal for points on a DVC rental site which would have made AK studio approx the same price as paying Disney for a stay at CR. Unfortunately there was no availability, so POP is it! :) I did find a deal on a room at AKL for my dates on Expedia a couple weeks ago for $259/night but as I was able to get pop for $115 a night I went with pop - I'll spend the extra money in park :earsboy: As a side note you can still get it on expedia.ca for $328 CAD a night which is about 259 USD.

Go with Pop. CBR I think would be a nightmare right now. In fact, for our mini trip in Jan, I booked too late and missed out on the Stay/Play/Dine deal at pop. That means, I'm paying only $100 less to be at Pop as compared to CBR or CSR (and only $200 less than POR). Feels dumb to pay almost the same price to stay at a value vs. a moderate, but we love Pop - it's my husband's fave even over the moderates - and that's where my husband wants to go. Le sigh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts