Pop Warner Q's

taquiner

Earning My Ears
We will be there the week this event is being held. Not really a concern for myself or DH (i'm sure DH won't mind all those cheerleaders around *LOL*) but we are bringing my mom on this trip. What resorts, value to mod, do most of the guests attending this event stay at? What are the noise levels like? Give me the good, the bad and the ugly of your stays during this event!

Thanks,
taquiner

I cannot recall that event being there before at the beginning of December. Nevertheless it is similar to others involving a lot of school kids that have been held at Wide World of Sports. What you are most likely to find is that the majority of the participants and their families will stay at All Stars, with some at the moderates and few at the deluxes. Other than at All-Stars where you can get large groups at the pools and food courts, and other than seeing them once in a while walking around in groups with identifiable shirts at the parks, you will hardly notice them.

The Pop Warner kids were staying at our resort, All Star Movies, last December. From what I have been told they are always there during the first week/weekend in December and they primarily stay at the All Star Resorts and sometimes at the moderates. Quite honestly, they were no different than any other kid staying at the resort. Most were well behaved and a few were not. They were no problem for us.

The national competition for Pop Warner Cheerleading is Dec 8 - 14 this year. For the most part, the girls are at the All Stars. I'm sure there are probably some that need to over flow into some of the moderates. Which one is closest to Wide World of Sports? CSR? Like mentioned above, I don't think you'll really notice them too much, other than at food courts in the mornings or evenings or perhaps at the pool at times. There is plenty of supervision, so it's not like the girls outnumber adults by a wide margin. Most people have found the kids to be well behaved for the most part. In other words, except for the fact that everyone is dressed alike, not many more kids than at any other time of the year there!

Edited at 7:25pm
Sorry for the confusion. WDW has better info than our local people. I was apparently given the wrong dates! (Why oh why am I not surprised?)

Don't the Pop Warner cheerleaders compete at the same time the football players come for their Super Bowl? According to Themparks.Com, the Pop Warner Super Bowl takes place from December 8 - 14 this year.

http://www.themeparks.com/wdw/press/planner09-12.htm

"While college football is preparing for its bowl season and the NFL kicks off its playoffs, more than 12,000 kids, parents, coaches and fans will trek to Disney's Wide World of Sports complex for the Pop Warner Super Bowl Dec. 8-14. National champions will be crowned in five age/size tackle football and cheer squad divisions representing every region of the country. Now in its 73rd year, Pop Warner Little Scholars Inc. involves more than 300,000 team members ages 5-15 across the country. It is the only national youth football and cheerleading organization in the United States."

Our experience with the Pop Warner folks was in 1996. We were at the All Star Sports. It was our worst WDW experience. The pool was closed at leat twice due to the rowdy kids. The only good that came out of it was that DW agreed and we went to BWI on our next trip.

When I was there last Dec. All Stars were over-booked and the overflow was at POR. I will never again stay at a resort that has cheerleaders. They were practicing in the courtyards (early) the food court was ALWAYS busy as were the busses. They were not misbehaving at all. There were just too many cheerleaders and football players. The parks were not very busy, but staying with all the Pop Werner just made it seem very very busy.
Have a Great Trip!!!:bounce:

We were at Coronado Springs this past Feb. and a cheerleading comp was being held at MGM. We did not notice them at our resort but the day we went to MGM they were everywhere. Lines were long for early Feb. -- so we went to Epcot instead.

Renee

We ran into a ton of cheerleaders when we were there in February too. We were at CBR and they were everywhere but from what I understand, all the resorts had many, many cheerleaders. We saw them practicing their cheers a couple of mornings.

They kinda changed the atmosphere at that quiet, relaxing resort if you know what I mean! :rolleyes:

We're trying to avoid them in 2003 so we're going in late January instead of the first week of February.

We stayed at ASMo in January. At the end of our trip the cheerleaders were starting to move in. I really didn't notice them that much, except like others posting, they were practicing their cheers in the courtyard area. (Out of the way, not a big deal.)
They were getting to be a pain in the parks though. The lines were reasonable, until you get a group of around 15 - 20 in front of you. :p :rolleyes: And being teens out together, they can get rowdy, but not out of hand. Actually they are better than the bickering families we sometimes get around. ;)
In May, we were at WDW when bands were there. The only bad thing we noticed was all the young (and even pre) teens together without adult supervision of any kind in the parks. And the kids acted like it too. They were rude, pushy, loud, obnoxious, and generally took over what area they happened to be in.
I was surprised at how many were just turned loose with no one to watch them. I think they should have an adult with them, even for their own protection.
And I don't know that what we saw were just band kids, but judging by the same t-shirts they all were.

Do you think we would be better off at CBR than All Star Sports in Dec.?? The less cheerleaders the better ;)

Originally posted by Soccer Princess
Do you think we would be better off at CBR than All Star Sports in Dec.?? The less cheerleaders the better ;)

If it has the word All Stars in it, it's better left to cheerleaders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter