Popcorn buckets

MichiganMama

Earning My Ears
I heard they have popcorn buckets on the cruise. We are planning on buying some for the kiddos. Does anyone know what the last current price was? Price on the refills?

Trying to figure out if buying the bucket is worth it or just a few popcorn here and there.

TIA

I think the last price was $9.00 for a bucket with $1.50 refills. If you have your own bucket and space to spare in your luggage to bring it along, they will issue you a refill with another Disney bucket.

I suspect that now they'll give you a refill in a cardboard container and you can pour it into your own.

I think the last price was $9.00 for a bucket with $1.50 refills. If you have your own bucket and space to spare in your luggage to bring it along, they will issue you a refill with another Disney bucket.

I suspect that now they'll give you a refill in a cardboard container and you can pour it into your own.
Yes in most places refills were given in a separate container. Drinks for example were given to guest in a paper cup that they can then pour into their own bottle. I assume if they can do that on land they can do it on sea as well.

I think the days of refilling containers anywhere are now over.

On hold, maybe. Probably not "over".

On the WBPC last March, after the pandemic was declared, they did continue filling popcorn buckets. At first they filled them normally, then later they went to using the disposable cardboard containers to fill reusable containers at the refill rate. Wasteful, but I guess no worse than just making everyone use disposable containers all the time.

It was the same at the drink station. They would fill your reusable mug, but they would use a disposable cup to do it.

On our cruise few bought popcorn. They would just bring in a plate of french fries.

Perfect thank you! We don't have a bucket :( haven't been to Disney in about 10 years. But I know once my boys smell the popcorn we will have to buy it!

I’ll bet that they have ordered several popcorn buckets that are just sitting in a warehouse from movies that were to be released in 2020. I’m sure some promotion could be given to use the excess themed popcorn buckets. I wonder if there will still be prem-ears of the ones from Disney plus.

I’ll bet that they have ordered several popcorn buckets that are just sitting in a warehouse from movies that were to be released in 2020. I’m sure some promotion could be given to use the excess themed popcorn buckets. I wonder if there will still be prem-ears of the ones from Disney plus.

True! I dont think they will even care what bucket they get lol. It's just the fact that they will both want a bucket to eat out of. But at $10 I may just buy the one bucket and they can just eat refills out of bags 🤣

We were on the March WBPC too - my wife got the bucket and they refilled it all cruise. As was mentioned previously, they just asked to see the bucket and then gave you the cardboard box after a certain point, but the effect was the same.

Either way . . .
Less expensive than your local multiplex (remember those?);
Relatively insignificant cost compared to the cruise itself, or even a few drinks at the bar; AND
If it makes you/r family happy, enjoy!!

I think the days of refilling containers anywhere are now over.
they give you a box of popcorn in the parks when you show the bucket for the refill price. We actually preferred that because we didn't want to use one of the buckets and we were able to find the one that we wanted at one of the non traditional popcorn stands

Also the $10 cost above is a regular bucket - if you are thinking one of the shaped buckets (which the kids will gravitate to) are about $19 each

On our cruise few bought popcorn. They would just bring in a plate of french fries.
Fries work great, you can even get a cup to put them in. I've also taken pizza to the movies. And I always go up to the fountain to get soda.

The Very Merry cruise in November/December 2019 the holiday buckets started at 15.95 or 16.95 and came with a soda (WDW the bucket was $25). They were so stinkin cute. We purchased them 2 years in a row and I think filled them once. Some went as high as $25. When we wanted refills we just asked for paper buckets since the shaped ones are difficult to clean. They had no problem doing it so we just tacked on an extra $1 to their tip.

Attachments

• DSCN5366.JPG
    DSCN5366.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 7

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter