Port Canaveral transportation

barb007

Mouseketeer
Royal Caribbean cancelled the bus service from PC to WDW for our cruise; citing vendor issues...can anyone recommend a car service or taxi service from Port Canaveral to WDW?

Royal Caribbean cancelled the bus service from PC to WDW for our cruise; citing vendor issues...can anyone recommend a car service or taxi service from Port Canaveral to WDW?
We used Mead Transportation when we were at Disney World. You will have to check their price and I would also check Uber or Lyft- you can go online and get a good estimate.

You can also rent a car and drop it in PC. Alamo and Hertz are both there.

I did this recently with Hertz gold through AAA. Keep checing prices as the cost went from $69 several weeks/months out, then dropped to about $35 i think it was 3 or 4 weeks out, then jumped up to $69 again a week or two out for the class i was looking at.

Otherwise a car service will charge you per person, which may be cheaper if its only 2 people.

when will you be going on this trip? im curious about your experience

In about a month.

I did receive an email that they were dropping their first shuttle (9 am) and this bothered me. I called and they said that they were changing how they operated. They used to have reservation times, but they pushed back the 9 am since customers were simply getting stuck in traffic at that hour anyway. So they will fill a shuttle to capacity, and then send it on its way. This is how they run things on the return trip and it works wonderfully, or so I was told. I thought that I had a better cancellation policy than it turned out to be, so we will go with this plan. In the future, though, I will use Cortrans (family company.) They have had wonderful reviews and they aren't all that much more than what I paid.

thank you. hope all goes well. we are debating on taking Disney shuttle from resort or renting a car. I don't really want to get there as late as it sounds with Disney shuttle, but renting a car is sometimes a pain with how busy the port gets. have a great time! come back and tell us how it went!

So they will fill a shuttle to capacity, and then send it on its way. This is how they run things on the return trip and it works wonderfully, or so I was told.
It does work, but it can cause some anxiety when you're sitting at the terminal waiting to leave.

Example: In 2014, off of the Allure, we took a shuttle from Port Everglades to Miami Airport. Distance is roughly the same as Port Canaveral to MCO, but we waited for a good 45 minutes on the bus before it left. It was still plenty fine for us going back to Toronto (you have to get there early for Canada departures anyway), but for my brother heading back to New York it was a little too tight for their comfort.

Tony Hinds! Google him and you'll find his web site and contact info. Private transfer, reasonably priced, very reliable, and used by many on the boards.

I realize this thread is old, but bumping it back up because I'm curious about people's suggestions or experiences for getting from PC (from a Royal ship) to a WDW resort (AOA specifically). Are there private transfers people prefer or have had good experiences with. Ideally we would like a grocery stop and will require 1 car or booster seat for a 4 year old. Suggestions?

I realize this thread is old, but bumping it back up because I'm curious about people's suggestions or experiences for getting from PC (from a Royal ship) to a WDW resort (AOA specifically). Are there private transfers people prefer or have had good experiences with. Ideally we would like a grocery stop and will require 1 car or booster seat for a 4 year old. Suggestions?
Try Cruise Control Transportation. , We used them in Feb, they were very attentive.

I was able to get an uber for about $85. It was going to be at least $70 for the cheapest transfer I found for two people, so the extra cost seems well worth the certainty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!