Port or Starboard?

From what I've read, if you are on the port side, then you have a view of the beach at Castaway Cay once the ship is docked (assuming the captain doesn't back into the dock).

When we went on our 4 day, we were on the port side and they backed into Castaway Cay. From what I've read, they usually do try to back in.... something about the water depth, it's easier to just pull out, than it is to back out and turn around.

First time I cruised and was on the port side.... I'm gonna try starboard next time.

I can't even recall the last time we pulled in forward...I am neutral about which side of the ship I'm on, but hubby loves starboard. That's compatiable with my favorite stateroom, 5650, which is on the starboard side, but it puts us in conflict when we book a secret porthole room. I like 5020 (port), which has less obstruction, but he likes 5520 (starboard) for the view.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

My Feb 2 Wonder cruise was my fifth and yet my first time with a Starboard room. Of course, on both Castaway Cay days the ship pulled in forward first so I had the same view as I had my previous cruises of the Post Office side, lol.

CarolAnn,

We were the same way. The member cruise was our 4th and the first time we had Starboard. I was hoping we'd have the view of Castaway Cay but with pulling in both days we didn't. Oh well we'll try again in May. Maybe we'll back in then.

Pull in or back in - doesn't matter to me as long as we dock at Castaway Cay!

We must have the "Castaway Cay back in" karma! Oh well, we seem to have the "Castaway Cay good weather" karma too, so I'm not complaining!! :D
I do think that pulling in is cooler for the photo they take on CC as you're walking toward the tram. We have an old one from one of our early Magic cruises with the ship facing forward...I keep it at work to cheer me up and remind me why I'm working!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Anyone know if they'll be starting to pull in again, or if it is just the time of the year? We stayed starboard on our cruise, and saw the beach at CC. :) However, I really didn't think it was anything too special (I guess I was expecting more, LOL).

we were on CC on Wed the 12th and we pulled in forward...........................

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter