Portacribs at moderates?

100AcreMom

Disney Addict
Are all the cribs at the moderates the portable type? Do they seem clean and safe? I'd rather not bring mine if theirs are fine. I will bring my own sheets, though.

I don't know about the moderates, but stayed at a deluxe 3 weeks ago. We had a choice of a metal Hospital type crib or a pack-n-play. We chose the pack-n-play which worked out well.

Hi 100 Acre Mom- I can't speak specifically for the Moderates (we've only stayed at Deluxe and All-Star), but in every room we've had, its been the Pak 'N Play (play pen) type. It comes with a sheet, but no blankets.

Good Luck!

Aspiring Cindy--where did you stay? A CM at CRO told me that regular cribs are no longer used at any of the Disney Resorts due to safety concerns. She said that only a Pack N Play would be provided to me at the Polynesian. My DS cannot sleep in the PnP and really prefers a crib (metal or wooden) since it reminds him of his own crib. Even though I bring sheets, his blanket and his Elmo, he still will not settle down in the PnP.

when we stayed at CBR a couple of years ago they gave us a pack n play, not a crib. I don't know if that's because that's all they had or if that's all that they had available. Our DD didn't like it much either and ended up in bed with us.

We stayed at Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingodm lodge last November and had a crib at both places. There was a pak n' play in the closet at each resort. We stayed at CBR this past March and was told they had no cribs, just the Pak n' play. My DD had never slept in one but did just fine.

Denise

We stayed at POR in April and they provided a pack and play. My DD never did sleep in it but it came in handy when we were getting dressed in the morning. We'd put her in there and do what we had to do and knew she wasn't getting into trouble.

This may be outdated, but two years ago we stayed at Dixie Landings (just before the name change). We were given a metal hospital-type crib. Last year we had a pack-n-play at the Wilderness Lodge Villas. We had no problems with either one.

I stayed at WL and upon check-in, I inquired. It was then that they gave me the specifics and choice.

In April we had a pack and play at POR. I have to say, It wasnt very clean. If youve got one at home, you know how things get under the removable mattress pad. We used towels and I had my own blankets but next time I think I will bring some anti-bacterial wipes to clean it up a bit better.

We stayed at CBR April 2001 and CSR April 2002 ~ both times we got a portable crib/playpen. Both time they were very clean and very safe ~ they came with sheets and blankets, but we bring ds's blanket from home. He quickly got used to it as his bed and actually wanted in when he got tired in the afternoon and at night. He's getting too tall for them now. You are request bed rails too ~ we do that in case he ends up in bed with us, which he never has. S

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter