PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

Couple of PBH questions.

1) PBH does have a fitness centre, correct? If so how does it compare to RPR's?

2) The club level lounge is by the lobby, but the CL rooms could be anywhere in the resort? Not all one floor like RPR and HRH?

Club rooms are located throughout pbh buildings
If you want to be near the club lounge, request 3 rd floor of main building
Specify your room to be on the same floor as the lounge

Pbh is spread out and club lounge is in the middle of the complex

Sooooo really tried to save money with a one night stay at Universal by booking a Hilton with an employee discount...but the pull of unlimited express on a Saturday/Sunday in mid-June was just too strong!! PBH was the cheapest of the three that offer it (I was surprised!), so I booked this resort with an AP discount. (Still $353 with taxes and fees, but whatever. I think it'll be worth it!)

Does everyone usually prefer to walk or take the boat to Citywalk and the parks?! I know it's the farthest deluxe from the parks. I always walk from Royal Pacific to both parks--it is much farther than that walk? TIA!!

Yes, it's the furthest of all the deluxes, but it's still close.

Takes around 15 minutes or less, depends on your speed and a beautiful walk. Doesn't feel very long whenever we walked to PB.

We always boat to and from PBR. It's a really relaxing ride to citywalk.

Sorry no one has replied.........

I haven't really seen anyone mention the fitness centre at PBH.......a few have commented on the one at RPR, but I think you've been there haven't you?

Hopefully someone will reply.........

Sorry no one has replied.........

I haven't really seen anyone mention the fitness centre at PBH.......a few have commented on the one at RPR, but I think you've been there haven't you?

Hopefully someone will reply.........

Yes the one at RPR is nice. RPR is booked the dates we are looking at so just exploring options.

It definitely has a fitness centre. I've never made it inside though so I can't help with the second part of your question - sorry.

Great thread. This will be our first visit to Universal. Staying two nights starting on Thanksgiving, 5 adults and 2 kids in 2 rooms, before heading to the Contemporary for a week. I am getting more and more excited about our stay the more I read... especially since 3 members of the family have no idea that we are going here and think we are just going straight to Disney.

Is there a quick service breakfast option? We will only be eating breakfast at the hotel on Friday morning, but we won't want to spend time at a sit down restaurant. Is there a place to grab stuff to go?

Also, I know it's probably personal preference, but are the boats or walking faster to get to the park?

Great thread. This will be our first visit to Universal. Staying two nights starting on Thanksgiving, 5 adults and 2 kids in 2 rooms, before heading to the Contemporary for a week. I am getting more and more excited about our stay the more I read... especially since 3 members of the family have no idea that we are going here and think we are just going straight to Disney.

Is there a quick service breakfast option? We will only be eating breakfast at the hotel on Friday morning, but we won't want to spend time at a sit down restaurant. Is there a place to grab stuff to go?

Also, I know it's probably personal preference, but are the boats or walking faster to get to the park?

The first post in this thread has the link to the Gelateria........it has quick breakfast options. Link will take you to their page on Universal website and breakfast menu is there.

As for walking definitely a preference.

Both are lovely. Walk will take a leisurely 15 minutes. If boat is already there you'll probably be quicker by boat.

Oh wow, I am embarrassed to say that I read the entire first page, including all the dining options, but I glanced past the Gelateria section because I assumed it was a Gelato location, LOL

Thanks for setting me straight :)

Oh wow, I am embarrassed to say that I read the entire first page, including all the dining options, but I glanced past the Gelateria section because I assumed it was a Gelato location, LOL

Thanks for setting me straight :)

Oh don't worry, it's easy to miss....there is a lot to read there and first visits can sometimes be a bit overwhelming trying to take everything in.........:thumbsup2

Booked club level PB for Memorial weekend. Trying to decide if it's worth it. One adult, preteen and teen. We would definitely do the breakfasts and probably grab snack on or two days, maybe desserts one or two nights. Probably wouldn't do evening apps. We are currently booked fri-Mon. To drop to regular room rate we would save $236. Should we save this money and use it for breakfasts/snacks? Are Cl rooms the same rooms as regular rooms?

Booked club level PB for Memorial weekend. Trying to decide if it's worth it. One adult, preteen and teen. We would definitely do the breakfasts and probably grab snack on or two days, maybe desserts one or two nights. Probably wouldn't do evening apps. We are currently booked fri-Mon. To drop to regular room rate we would save $236. Should we save this money and use it for breakfasts/snacks? Are Cl rooms the same rooms as regular rooms?
As far as I know, yes. Your room can also be anywhere, on any floor, in the resort.

The club level rooms are the deluxe rooms. They are a bit bigger but I believe I have read that the extra room is mainly in the bathroom. We love club level and find it a big plus for our family, but we have 5 ppl & we often use the appetizers as our dinner. I don't think I would spend the extra if we only had 3 ppl and were only gonna use it for breakfast & snacks.

Club rooms are deluxe rooms which have a stand alone shower in the bathroom as well as the tub/shower combo. They may be a tad bigger but really not much difference.

Except for the deluxe room part of the extra cost, you could order room service or buy food for the extra money. It may not be worth it for your projected use.

Ive had a deluxe room a few times and we never do club. Just throwing that out there.

I just reserved a Bay view room. My question is are Bay view rooms only located in the west wing? The area with over looks the boats that take you to the park. I just didnt want to be in the east wing. Thanks

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter