PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

I have updated the info in the 1st post to reflect the changes in the hotel EP implemented last year.

Your room key is now your EP again. No separate picture EP anymore.

Staying at PBH for the first time April 2-4 in deluxe king room (no club) with DD10 and DH. Arriving mid-day Monday after Easter driving from my dad’s in the Villages, plan to do early entry Tues and Wed. Read through the entire thread, v helpful. A few questions for the experts:

1. Should we worry about availability of rollaway bed, and are they sticklers about the charge? We like a king bed so this is our best room option without paying for suite.
2. Is there more room for the rollaway vs a non-deluxe, or is the extra room really all in the bathroom? Wondering if the deluxe is worth it (although I do like the separate shower).
3. Booked room directly from Loews site, and getting tkts from UT as they offer the 3 day 2 Park ticket for less than a Universal package. I know we’ll get express pass from staying at the hotel. But it didn’t list the early entry to WWHP as a perk. Can anyone confirm we get that too? It was listen in Universal room+Tickets package but not in room only booking at Loews or Universal Vacations site.
4. Location of deluxe kings- we know we want west wing. How many floors are there, and are there deluxe Kings with Harbour view, or only pool view? Suggestions for rooms with best view in a deluxe king in WW?
5. If we arrive early afternoon vs early in the AM will this lessen our chance of getting a desirable room if we request ahead?
6. Chances of getting late checkout on Wed (knowing it’s week after Easter)?
7. Picked PBH as it looks beautiful, want Express of course and I thought it might be less crazy than HRH that week. Anyone who’s been the week after Easter-can u attest?
8. How does WWHP early entry work? Does it rotate between US and IoA?

That may be more than a few questions! Thank you in advance.

I’ve only have had one stay at PBH so will have to pass on your direct hotel questions to others

Can say that every person that stays onsite in any of the 5 (6 later this year with the newest hotel) is allowed early entry

You show your hotel room key and can enter the entrance section

You will go thru the ticket style to swipe your park ticket

Your hotel room generally is assigned 4 days out from your arrival

If you request to change to a different type of room, might have a wait

Check in is 4:00
If a room was not occupied the day prior, you’ll be able to go to your room at check in

If your room is not ready when you arrival, store your belongings with bell service and go to the park

You should receive a text when your room is ready
Your room number included in the text

Your room key allows you to bypass the front desk and go directly to your room
Your hotel card will open the room door
Some dates both parks will have early entry

Depends on UO making that call but hotel guests will see signs in their hotel and also at the water taxis in advance for this change

If hotels are full, ticket sales high for your date, and staff set up in advance, it is possible both parks having EE

I’ve experienced it a couple of times
But for now just count on one EE Park

Just reread your questions
You are going week after Easter
Don’t think you will have high crowds then

Any guest can get one hour past check out time if requested
Make the request when you first check in

I stay at rpr and request late check out when I have a late flight home

I’m platinum Loews so get a 2:00 pm check out

Both parks have a potter section

On the studio side EE will have potter, minion and one more open in that early park hour

IOA early entry has potter and two other rides open

Sorry but stayed two weeks onsite last October and only hit EE once
Can’t remember early rides in all but some peeps will be able to answer that question for you

Schumigirl and macraven - We stayed a couple of summers ago in CL at RPR. CL isn't available at RPR for our dates in May. I'm looking at 4 nights in a Lagoon view Room at Sapphire Falls or 4 nights in CL double queen at Portofino. I love the idea of CL again, but I'm worried we'll be disappointed after RPR CL. Thought it might be nice to try Sapphire Falls to give the kids (13 and 7) the experience at the new resort. Price difference means we can cover Express passes for DH and 13 yr old as well as the breakfast and snacks we'll have to purchase. Wondering which way you'd suggest.

I will go for Sapphire Falls since EP isn't an issue as you would plan to purchase it.......lagoon views are stunning!!!

Sapphire Falls is a beautiful hotel, although so is PBH........

But, Sapphire Falls is so vibrant and yes, newer....it has all the visual appeal that gives you a fabulous resort feel. We love Strong Water Tavern and the pool bar although we haven't eaten there gets fabulous reviews.

I was a little disappointed in the PBH Club Lounge........not the staff who are all excellent nor the food, but it feels old and is in very much need of an update. Whereas Sapphire in general just looks so much fresher.

PBH does have Sal`s which has the best onsite pizza there is.......but it`s only a boat ride away if you wanted to eat there, that's what we do every visit.

Sapphire Falls is so colourful and the pool area is fabulous!!! I much prefer it to PBH pools. Not knocking PB it`s just my preference.

We have a 10 night stay coming up in May at Sapphire Falls as we have been consistently more impressed with it every time we visit. Love the place.

Good luck choosing........:)

I will go for Sapphire Falls since EP isn't an issue as you would plan to purchase it.......lagoon views are stunning!!!

Sapphire Falls is a beautiful hotel, although so is PBH........

But, Sapphire Falls is so vibrant and yes, newer....it has all the visual appeal that gives you a fabulous resort feel. We love Strong Water Tavern and the pool bar although we haven't eaten there gets fabulous reviews.

I was a little disappointed in the PBH Club Lounge........not the staff who are all excellent nor the food, but it feels old and is in very much need of an update. Whereas Sapphire in general just looks so much fresher.

PBH does have Sal`s which has the best onsite pizza there is.......but it`s only a boat ride away if you wanted to eat there, that's what we do every visit.

Sapphire Falls is so colourful and the pool area is fabulous!!! I much prefer it to PBH pools. Not knocking PB it`s just my preference.

We have a 10 night stay coming up in May at Sapphire Falls as we have been consistently more impressed with it every time we visit. Love the place.

Good luck choosing........:)

Thank you so much for your review. Your thoughts are what I was reading in the photos that I've seen. I think my 7yo would dig the island vibe also, and the pool is a top request for both kids. I think we'll opt for Sapphire Falls this time for our short stay and do CL next trip when the little guy is older. We'll check out Sal's for pizza and get a feel for PBH that way. Thank you!

Thank you so much for your review. Your thoughts are what I was reading in the photos that I've seen. I think my 7yo would dig the island vibe also, and the pool is a top request for both kids. I think we'll opt for Sapphire Falls this time for our short stay and do CL next trip when the little guy is older. We'll check out Sal's for pizza and get a feel for PBH that way. Thank you!

You’re very welcome.....

That’s a nice plan.........hope you have an amazing trip........:)

Both parks have a potter section

On the studio side EE will have potter, minion and one more open in that early park hour

IOA early entry has potter and two other rides open

Sorry but stayed two weeks onsite last October and only hit EE once
Can’t remember early rides in all but some peeps will be able to answer that question for you
Thank you!!!

I searched through all the threads and can't seem to find the answer and it might be kind of a ridiculous question but it's driving me nuts. Does anyone know where at the hotel I can get a toasted bagel?

ETA: Of course as soon as I post this I see that the Starbucks has 3 types of bagels listed. :oops:

If you have club lounge access, they have bagels (along with a number of other pastries) and a toaster there as well.

Just an FYI, when hubby called PB last week to make reservations for our upcoming trip he was told that the price for adding on club level has increased from $125 to $150.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!