PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

Call the hotel and have it noted on your reservation to be placed in a quiet area due to your children’s sleep routine)

( away from elevators, not facing the pool, etc)

On the online booking page, how can I tell if the suite I want to book includes club lounge access? Some of the suites say it in the description, so that seems obvious, but some of the most expensive ones do not say it and it seems like those would include club level amenities, but because it isn't stated on those I'm afraid to choose them, because I definitely want club lounge access.

View attachment 468358
View attachment 468359
Saw these new photos up while looking for AP rates, looks like these are some of the newly revamped rooms.
That’s what the 2 queen room we had in early December looked like. You mean to tell me those are newly redone? I liked the resort and room, but thought to myself that it did feel dated and needed refreshed, and it was good that I head read they were doing it soon! Pretty funny if that was the updated one haha!

That’s what the 2 queen room we had in early December looked like. You mean to tell me those are newly redone? I liked the resort and room, but thought to myself that it did feel dated and needed refreshed, and it was good that I head read they were doing it soon! Pretty funny if that was the updated one haha!

03EB7A06-58C7-47B8-A76B-B705361FFBC2.jpeg
597CE62B-49A1-4B59-BC23-C1CCD3D638A6.jpeg
These are what they used to be and still show for these categories, we have a trip planned later this year, I was hoping they would be really nice like what RPR and HR did with there’s, looks like they reused some of the old furniture which honestly is a bit disappointing.......IMO.

Table, nightstand and dresser.

It looks like they just switched the color of the wall and headboard! And I assume new carpet, I couldn’t see it well in the old photo but ours was definitely the new one with the odd orange pattern in it. The room was fine, it was roomy but felt a little stark and... not new... I would say this is barely an update based on those changes, refresh instead of renovation for sure unless there’s more to be done or something. I did like the resort, though, I just found it funny the room was a “new one”, I had no idea we lucked into a water view updated room when we were there

Where is the new laundry facility at Portofino? Also, what is the best location to stay in to be both near the club level facilities and the water taxi?

That carpet looks like some kid just threw up a bunch of Tang all over it!

Staying at PBR in 20 days! We usually stay at RPR. We just stayed at Old Key West in the renovated rooms at Xmas so this will be our second renovated room stay lol. Not sure I will like this one as much.

That carpet looks like some kid just threw up a bunch of Tang all over it!

Staying at PBR in 20 days! We usually stay at RPR. We just stayed at Old Key West in the renovated rooms at Xmas so this will be our second renovated room stay lol. Not sure I will like this one as much.
I loved those Old Key West renovated rooms!

Can I add a guest to my reservation for one night if we are not over the max occupancy? We are staying for 4 nights, but my dad who lives in FL is coming with us for just the first night. TIA!

Can I add a guest to my reservation for one night if we are not over the max occupancy? We are staying for 4 nights, but my dad who lives in FL is coming with us for just the first night. TIA!
We've done just that a few times over the years at both RPR and PBR with no issues. I'd suggest stopping by the front desk the day your father will be there and tell them he is coming in for the day and you'd like a room key for him just for that day.

Just checking you are aware there is a $40 charge for a third adult to be registered in the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter