Portofino Bay on Costco now

jknc

people person
Never noticed until this morning.

Just booked for September.

Basically worked out to be a free upgrade to deluxe room from what what we had paid for standard room/tickets.

Basically worked out to be a free upgrade to deluxe room from what what we had paid for standard room/tickets.

Only packages though.

I don't see any Universal hotels for my October stay.

It does say that a hotels only section will be coming soon...hopefully they'll have Uni hotels on that!

Last edited:
Thanks for posting! Didn't even consider looking at Costco because I was of the mind set that it was better not to book a package.

Was really surprised that Costco's pricing was less than booking separately even with using UT ticket prices. Don't know what to do for my December trip now?

I had booked 5 nights at Portofino Bay back in February.
For standard room it was around 270 a night with tax.

Now our net price dropped about $70 when you consider we get $187 Costco card.
Plus now we're in a deluxe room.

I currently have a 4 night reservation at RPR in a std garden view, but I was really hoping to stay at PBH.

The only availability at PBH for my December dates is a club level room. With the Costco deal it works out to be about $82 more a day than my RPR stay.

I just have to decide if it's worth it to pay for the club level room with just 2 adults and a 5 year-old.

So when I ran the numbers for our stay(room/tickets)

Universal package $2516.31
Booking separately $2488.16
Costco package $2335.36

With the Costco package, I also get a $185 cash card additionally + 2 percent cash back credit through Costco and 3 percent back for travel expenses on my Visa.

So any opinions to whether the $82 upgrade from my current RPR reservation is worth it, we've never stayed at Universal before.

The other great thing about the Costco package was that it was fully refundable until the end of November, in case we find a better APH rate.

Just looked it up for a Sapphire Falls stay in November, wasn't much in savings. We only need one 3-day 2-park ticket (girlfriend isn't an APH, I am) and flight had already been booked. Came out to $1,140 for a four-night stay for just the hotel and one ticket. Was expecting better than that.

I currently have a 4 night reservation at RPR in a std garden view, but I was really hoping to stay at PBH.

The only availability at PBH for my December dates is a club level room. With the Costco deal it works out to be about $82 more a day than my RPR stay.

I just have to decide if it's worth it to pay for the club level room with just 2 adults and a 5 year-old.

Costco package $2335.36

With the Costco package, I also get a $185 cash card additionally + 2 percent cash back credit through Costco and 3 percent back for travel expenses on my Visa.

So any opinions to whether the $82 upgrade from my current RPR reservation is worth it, we've never stayed at Universal before.

The other great thing about the Costco package was that it was fully refundable until the end of November, in case we find a better APH rate.

We stayed at the club level room at PBR last week for 4 nights. It was our first time visiting Universal Orlando... We were spoiled!!!! We love the size of the room 490 sq ft, the pool and everything offered in the club lounge. We ate breakfast, dinner and evening dessert int he club room every day. All we needed to pay out of pocket was the lunch. My kids are 9 and 5 and they love the resort.

We stayed at the club level room at PBR last week for 4 nights. It was our first time visiting Universal Orlando... We were spoiled!!!! We love the size of the room 490 sq ft, the pool and everything offered in the club lounge. We ate breakfast, dinner and evening dessert int he club room every day. All we needed to pay out of pocket was the lunch. My kids are 9 and 5 and they love the resort.

Thanks so much for posting about your experience. I think we will splurge and switch our reservation to PBH club level for our stay. It will be a great early Christmas present!

The drawback of booking on Costco or other sites is that I don't think YouFirst credits are earned or benefits apply. Something to consider.

When a package is booked thru the UO site, deposit made and rest of the package costs need to be paid specific number days out from arrival date

Some third party packages require package to be paid in advance

Varies, as one I am aware of has the package paid at time of booking

I have read some posts on the Costco package but no idea of their specifics

If you book that on their website, that info should be listed on it is my guess

YouFirst benefits only allowed / credited if you book through Loews/UO sites

3rd party bookings not eligible for YouFirst perks or credits

If booking through Costco does the package total need to be paid at booking?

DEPOSIT –
  • Land-only vacation package booking: $100 per person plus applicable hotel or other deposits (so that would mean your first night's hotel deposit as well)

FINAL PAYMENT – Full payment is due 45 days prior to departure for all other vacation packages unless otherwise specified by individual suppliers.

Costco package $2335.36

I just booked a package through Costco Travel and I was curious if anyone could tell me about their experiences? Any problems or regrets?

Thanks!:flower1:

I hope peeps will post about their experiences with the Costco packages they used last year

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter