Portside check-in for Southwest Airlines?

pdolan

Earning My Ears
First time cruisers - we are going to spend an extra night after the cruise at a hotel at MCO before flying back home. This saved us over $500 on airfare! Anyway, I am wondering what happens to our luggage when we disembark from the ship if we use Disney Transport to get back to MCO? Does Southwest offer portside check-in and can we just let our bags go onto the airport without us while we head to a hotel for an extra night with just a carry-on?

But even if they were you would not want to check your bags a day early ( I don't even know if they would let you) Simply take the DCL bus and when you get to MCO claim your luggage. It will be stored under the bus , then you can bring it to your hotel with you for the night.

We did the same thing last year. When you disembark, you'll spot your luggage, a porter will take it to the bus and load it on. When you get to the airport, just tell the driver where you want to be dropped since you don't actually have a flight. We had a rental car lined up so we had the bus drop us as close as they could to the rental car counters. Southwest will not let you check your bags in that far in advance. I believe four hours is the max allowed. So you'll have to take them with you. Forewarning... if you're staying in the MCO hotel area, DO NOT patronize the Bennigan's if it's nearby. There were BUGS flying everywhere when we went there last year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter