Possible to see room at BLT?

eyeshadow

Mouseketeer
We are currently staying at the Poly. We are interested in buying points at BLT. Would it be possible to see a room there on a DVC tour, even though they are not currently marketing it? How would we go about doing this? I know they are still selling points there.

Thanks!

We are currently staying at the Poly. We are interested in buying points at BLT. Would it be possible to see a room there on a DVC tour, even though they are not currently marketing it? How would we go about doing this? I know they are still selling points there.

Thanks!
We just walked in and asked the front desk, they showed us a studio, 1BR, and TOWL. Probably best to ask when they have some open rooms...early afternoon?

Since they are not selling BLT, they won't do a formal tour. The front desk CMs will typically be as helpful as they can but that's not really their job so you are asking them to go over and above.

Allears and David's rentals have some great HD video of the villas (on YouTube I believe) that will give you a good idea of what to expect.

We are interested in a studio for 2 adults, but have read some negative reviews regarding size, so we would like to see one before we spend the cash.

We were just in a studio earlier this month. I had read similar complaints about size, but really, we had no problem with it. Plenty of room for us (and we had our 7 yo son with us as well). We liked the way the studios were laid out--with the separate kitchenette area. And we do own at BLT.

We stayed in a studio with 4 people (2 adults, a 4 and 6 year old) and had a lot of stuff plus a double stroller. People do say the studios are smaller than some resorts, but we did not find it bad at all! Since you'll just have 2 adults, you wouldn't even need to pull out the sleeper sofa. We had it out the entire time and really did not have a problem. Hope this helps!

There was a sales office at BLT, don't know if it is still open or not. The front desk will have runner take you to a room if they have the time. At BCV before we bought we waited for a couple of hours until they had the time to show us around. As posted, it really isn't their job.

:earsboy: Bill

We stayed in a studio with 4 people (2 adults, a 4 and 6 year old) and had a lot of stuff plus a double stroller. People do say the studios are smaller than some resorts, but we did not find it bad at all! Since you'll just have 2 adults, you wouldn't even need to pull out the sleeper sofa. We had it out the entire time and really did not have a problem. Hope this helps!
Yes! You are right! We just got back from looking at a studio. Congierge was kind enough to let us see one. It definitely meets our needs.

This is really reassuring as we will be staying in a studio in Feb with a 2 year old and a 6.5 year old.

Side question - how much did you use the double stroller? We'll rent a double when we go in August (21 mo + almost 6) but am not sure whether we'd want to when our oldest is over 6, given the space considerations.

This is really reassuring as we will be staying in a studio in Feb with a 2 year old and a 6.5 year old.

Side question - how much did you use the double stroller? We'll rent a double when we go in August (21 mo + almost 6) but am not sure whether we'd want to when our oldest is over 6, given the space considerations.

The double stroller was a life saver!! We walked to MK a lot and don't think my kids could've handled it without the stroller. My son (now almost 7) is tall for his age and used it almost as much as my daughter. Plus we loved having space to put our bags, drinks, etc. we just kept the stroller in an area right inside the door across from the bathroom. Didn't even break it down although you definitely can for more space.

Fwiw, our first trip to wdw was when DS was 6.5. I thought he would want to use the stroller so we brought our maclaren. We let it be his choice each day to bring it or not. It was never opened or taken from the room. He did great.

Now if he'd had a double stroller at the ready it might have been different. But to have his own stroller...that's not what he wanted.

I would think about what YOU want for that February trip. I've stayed in a bay lake studio twice with just two adults and I'm not sure where you would easily stash a double stroller! And if you found you didn't need it, it could be irritating.

Ha! thanks for your input!

The double stroller was a life saver!! We walked to MK a lot and don't think my kids could've handled it without the stroller. My son (now almost 7) is tall for his age and used it almost as much as my daughter. Plus we loved having space to put our bags, drinks, etc. we just kept the stroller in an area right inside the door across from the bathroom. Didn't even break it down although you definitely can for more space.

We'd have to break it down because I think we will end up using the space across from the bathroom for the toddler's pack and play - not sure yet.

Fwiw, our first trip to wdw was when DS was 6.5. I thought he would want to use the stroller so we brought our maclaren. We let it be his choice each day to bring it or not. It was never opened or taken from the room. He did great.

Now if he'd had a double stroller at the ready it might have been different. But to have his own stroller...that's not what he wanted.

I would think about what YOU want for that February trip. I've stayed in a bay lake studio twice with just two adults and I'm not sure where you would easily stash a double stroller! And if you found you didn't need it, it could be irritating.
Yeah, that's what I'm a little concerned about (irritating if we didn't need it). I suspect if we had it she would use it for the walk to MK and if we had to cover ground quickly somewhere else. If we could get the 2 year old to sleep on the pullout with her sister, that would save some space and then I think we'd get the stroller. It's like BLT studio Tetris.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!