Post a Picture of Your Camping Setup at Other Campgrounds!!

That looks like a ton of fun and a ton of money. :)
Accurate... On both parts.

There's a saying at the track. "You know how to make a small fortune racing? Start with a large one..."

Thankfully, a lot of the money wasn't mine, but still, not a cheap hobby. I have a "gear bag" with all my safety stuff (helmet, HANS, racesuit, race shoes, Nomex underwear, socks, balaclava, gloves and cool shirt.) $4500 in that little duffel bag.

Camping is cheaper... And more relaxing!

And to get us back on topic. Here's another pic of our "camping" at the track. This is at MAM outside Omaha, NE. In case you're wondering, Yes, we race in the rain.

20140427_090616.jpg

j

Last edited:
:offtopic:

Hey My DD18 has a yellow (or orange) Ford focus just like that one int he picture. :)

Okay... Back to the regularly scheduled topic.

:offtopic:

Hey My DD18 has a yellow (or orange) Ford focus just like that one int he picture. :)
Paul,

The Focus is an ST. It certainly is orange/yellow. It belongs to the team owner. He's the one on the left in the yellow rain jacket and his wife (short one in black).

Despite hanging up the helmet, I still appreciate a fast, well handling car. I just sold my 9 year old BMW and I'll be ordering a Focus RS when the 2017s start getting built in October. AWD, 350hp, adjustable suspension. 0-60 in 4.6 seconds and it comes from the factory with a "Drift" mode. Not that I would ever do that. :) And don't ask if you can drift a long bed dually pickup. :D

j

Here's our site in Hannibal this weekend. Bayview Campground. Run by an old couple (active 80 year olds) that were proud of the "160 sites, with 140 being permanent." "Roy" reminded me several times about the 140 permanent sites. From the looks of the many campers that obviously hadn't been moved in years/decades, the "residents" must like it there. It did have a nice pool, pavilion and many of the sites were on a big lake.

Our site wasn't bad and this was clearly a place the locals like to spend time away from home. The non-permanent sites are pull throughs, but they are pretty narrow and have a good assortment of trees (and neighbor's sheds) at the ends to make pulling in and out fun. Can't say I'd recommend it, but it is 10 minutes from the downtown area. And it was the only site I could find 2 weeks out from a holiday weekend.

20160904_155412_001-800x450_zpsvphefvsj.jpg~original

I'm standing 3 sites away in this one.

20160904_155328-800x450_zpsrgoh1o82.jpg~original

j

Dude. You're killing me.

The Vengeance hasn't moved since those last pics at Ocean Lakes in early August. We're going back again for a Halloween weekend October 22. That's probably the last trip until the Fort in December.

Barney,

Get going! We are going out next weekend (NHRA this weekend), but the next trip is to drop the trailer at the factory for get the crash damage fixed. Hopefully we will be able to get at least 1 more weekend in after we pick it up before it gets too cold here.

j

Here's ours from a couple weeks ago, TV setup, canopy setup, directv setup, chairs setup, watching College football from 11am until we got cold that evening, then went in the camper and listened to Nebraska Volleyball from New Mexico tournament. This is a state park about 20 miles from where we live, going again in a couple weeks, then a trip to Kansas city and staying at WOF for the Nascar race weekend at Kansas city Speedway. Don't know how many trips after that, just depends on the weather.
20160910_110531 (600x800).jpg

then a trip to Kansas city and staying at WOF for the Nascar race weekend at Kansas city Speedway.
We may be at the Kansas race too. I have a friend that is a motorsports writer. He's in town staying with us for the NHRA at Gateway this weekend and mentioned he might be getting us tickets to the Kansas race. He'd know next week. Not sure if I'll have the camper back from the factory by then, so we'll likely try to find a hotel.

j

This thread has made me painfully aware of how unorganized I keep my photos. I could only find one pic. I know I have more!

I did find one picture of my cooking area from my favorite site in Parvin State Park, NJ. That glowing orb is my coleman lantern.

parvin20set20up.jpg

Indiana Dunes State Park,

I've driven past here many times on the way to races in Michigan. Decided to stay over while taking the trailer to the factory. The state park campground is very nice and Lake Michigan is unreal.

20161001_170758-1024x576_zpszr9gaugi.jpg~original

20161001_165632-1280x720_zps55mktkgs.jpg~original

20161001_165756-1024x576_zpsmkhohkat.jpg~original

j

Last edited:
Little Manatee River State Park, Florida. It was the day after hurricane Matthew blew by, so still to windy to put out awning or the canopy, but turned out to be a great weekend.

lrmst oct 2016 3.jpg lmrst oct 2016 4.jpg lmrst oct 2016 5.jpg lmrst oct 2016.jpg

As soon as I saw it I started the rhyme "red touches black.....". Thank goodness it was not in our campsite.
I never knew the "Rhyme" (well until now) because it never mattered... I avoided all of them. Alas, though... that ain't no milk snake.

For those that don't know...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milk_snake said:
While both milk snakes and coral snakes possess transverse bands of red, black and yellow, common mnemonics can be used to properly distinguish between the deadly coral snake and the harmless milk snake: Red touches black, you're OK, Jack; red touches yellow, you're a dead fellow.

Both kinds of snakes go good with Zatarans, lemon pepper, and usually any adult beverage of your choice.

The only "Good" snake is a "DEAD" snake (and on the grill.... well they typically are).

I have eaten Black snake before, never coral or milk snakes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!