Post a Picture of Your Camping Setup at Other Campgrounds!!

Here's our site in Hannibal this weekend. Bayview Campground. Run by an old couple (active 80 year olds) that were proud of the "160 sites, with 140 being permanent." "Roy" reminded me several times about the 140 permanent sites. From the looks of the many campers that obviously hadn't been moved in years/decades, the "residents" must like it there. It did have a nice pool, pavilion and many of the sites were on a big lake.

Our site wasn't bad and this was clearly a place the locals like to spend time away from home. The non-permanent sites are pull throughs, but they are pretty narrow and have a good assortment of trees (and neighbor's sheds) at the ends to make pulling in and out fun. Can't say I'd recommend it, but it is 10 minutes from the downtown area. And it was the only site I could find 2 weeks out from a holiday weekend.

20160904_155412_001-800x450_zpsvphefvsj.jpg~original

I'm standing 3 sites away in this one.

20160904_155328-800x450_zpsrgoh1o82.jpg~original

j

@Teamubr Could you shoot me a pic of your exterior TV mount? I'm guessing it's the V-style mount, but can't tell. Thinking of adding something similar.

Camper is at the factory right now in Indiana. I pick it up next Friday, but the mount is 2 knobs (TV side) and a double slot on the wall side. I put one of the V style on my old camper. I like it better. Easier to line up and slide in.

I'll get you some pics when I get the camper next week.

j

It's not another campground, it's a look out from our house at the morning sunrise over top of where our camper currently sits.

camper-sunrise.jpg
I just thought it was a cool looking picture.

My husband and I braved the cold nights and tent camped this Veterans Day weekend at Table Rock Lake SP (MO).
Ah! My neck of the woods... sort of. I have friends that live there on the lake, so I'm down quite a bit. Been through the SP many times, but never camped there. Great looking site. Hope the weather wasn't too cold. If that is your tent in the pic, I have lots of respect. Haven't done that in cold weather since Boy Scout days.

j

Ah! My neck of the woods... sort of. I have friends that live there on the lake, so I'm down quite a bit. Been through the SP many times, but never camped there. Great looking site. Hope the weather wasn't too cold. If that is your tent in the pic, I have lots of respect. Haven't done that in cold weather since Boy Scout days.

j
We enjoyed the daytime as it got into the mid 60's, but it was cold at night. There was a freeze the second night. Thanks for the respect, but it warned me off tenting so late in the year. It threw my Rheumatoid Arthritis into a flare. Our electric blanket didn't work, so we had to go in and buy a new one after the first night. Brrr!

It's another reason to see if we can swing a camper. Then I can have heat.

We live three hours due north of Branson. Is that close to you?

Brrr!

It's another reason to see if we can swing a camper. Then I can have heat.

We live three hours due north of Branson. Is that close to you?
Brrr is right. I hated tent camping when it was below 32.

I actually live in Illinois outside the St Louis area, but have friends on Indian Point and my dad lives at Lake of the Ozarks, so we are down that way all the time.

j

What loop/site number did you have Terri? I have stayed in A/B/C loops (that covers them all). Ed

What loop/site number did you have Terri? I have stayed in A/B/C loops (that covers them all). Ed

Site 41. I liked that it was on the backside of the loop, on the outside, So we had no one behind us. Huge State Park. Decent bathroom/shower house for a state park. Lots of hiking trails, we hiked for miles.

Site 41. I liked that it was on the backside of the loop, on the outside, So we had no one behind us. Huge State Park. Decent bathroom/shower house for a state park. Lots of hiking trails, we hiked for miles.

What a coincidence! We had site 41 this last time around. Travelling with DW and DD, I always book a site near the Comfort Station when I can help it. So this view should be familiar:

Part of me still wonders how Lake Louisa would be in July or August. I would think it's pretty brutal. But I like it for what it is and when I use it.

Bama Ed

Just curious. How deep are the sites at Lake Louisa?

Ed, You've seen my 5er. It doesn't look like it would fit on site 41. I can usually get on a shorter pad as long as there is enough room off the back of the pad to hang the trailer, but those look like they have vegetation pretty close to the back of the site.

j

Last edited:
41 did have some vegetation at the rear. But I use the maps on ReserveAmerica.com for the Florida state parks in conjunction with the Google Maps Earth view (photos overhead) to look closely at sites I can book by number.

Lake Louisa also has some pull-throughs which could work for you, Jim. But referring to an older thread, if you hope to just show up without a reservation and try to stay the night, there's no telling what might be available when you arrive. This weekend at Gulf Shores I was in a VERY small/short site but that's the flexibility I have with my Aliner but it comes with tradeoffs, of course.

FWIW at Lake Louisa, I've stayed in 15, 27, 29, and 41.

Bama Ed

Lake Louisa also has some pull-throughs which could work for you, Jim. But referring to an older thread, if you hope to just show up without a reservation and try to stay the night, there's no telling what might be available when you arrive.

I have with my Aliner but it comes with tradeoffs, of course.
I was looking at the ReserveAmerica site for Lake Louisa since I posted that above. It does look like there are quite a few pull throughs and some very long 75+ft sites. Right now, I pretty much have my pic of any site for September 22nd. I'll probably get a reservation in on one of the longer pull throughs pretty soon. I can always cancel if our schedule looks like it is going to change significantly

And I know what you mean about trade offs. I really did consider going to a 5er this long. Towing it wasn't really an issue. The race trailer was 6 ft longer, but knowing most national parks were out and the Preferred sites at the Fort were history, took a lot of consideration. Ultimately, I looked at how I would use it 80-90% of the time and that's what decided it for me.

j

Just curious. How deep are the sites at Lake Louisa?

Ed, You've seen my 5er. It doesn't look like it would fit on site 41. I can usually get on a shorter pad as long as there is enough room off the back of the pad to hang the trailer, but those look like they have vegetation pretty close to the back of the site.

j
Here is another angle of site 41. Our trailer is 27' and you can see there is space between the trailer and truck. We had about 2-3 feet behind trailer too. There are some pull throughs also.

lk louisa.jpg

Thanks Terri,

I was trying to judge how long your site was by comparing the trailer and truck. My 5er is about as long as your trailer and truck combined. And then add 22 more feet of truck. I try to look for sites that list "60 ft long". If there is nothing behind the pad so I can hang the rear half of the trailer over, I can fit on a 45 ft long site.

home%20night_zpsm1wcp7wq.jpg~original

j

Thanks Terri,

I was trying to judge how long your site was by comparing the trailer and truck. My 5er is about as long as your trailer and truck combined. And then add 22 more feet of truck. I try to look for sites that list "60 ft long". If there is nothing behind the pad so I can hang the rear half of the trailer over, I can fit on a 45 ft long site.

home%20night_zpsm1wcp7wq.jpg~original

j

Nice trailer. Yes you would need a long site. At Lake Louisa, there are a few parking spots by each fishing dock that you could park your truck in if you didn't have quite enough space. Also, some sites had enough room on the side of the gravel pad to park a vehicle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!