Post a Picture of Your Camping Setup at Other Campgrounds!!

@rocketmom how did you like Up The Creek. Are you there now? Nice rig by the way
I love Up the Creek. The sites are big and the trees and landscaping are beautiful. There are no bathrooms or laundry so you have to be self contained. I am here now. Thanks for the compliment on the new camper. We bought it in January but because of Covid-19 all of our spring trips were cancelled

Well we have officially cancelled our 2020 Halloween trip to the Fort. Besides the ever changing travel policies of the hospital where DW works, the new reduced park hours just really make it not feasible for this year. Good thing is that we do have our reservations for Halloween at the Fort next year. So.....looks like local camping will take us thru the remainder of this year. This weekend we are at Fort Boonesboro State Park Campground.
Our campsite
20200808_134543.jpg

Reconstruction of the original fort.

Friday night dinner......
Saturday morning breakfast 516626

Oh, and did I say that Fort Boonesboro is 15 minutes from where this special little guy lives......

Steve

Last edited:

@rocketmom , what a beautiful campsite! How's the wifi/cell signal there? Trying to find a few places to work remote from lol
It is a beautiful campground. It kind of reminded me of Fort Wilderness on a smaller scale, with lots of trees and beautiful landscaping. The wifi was great. We had our laptops and didn't have any trouble loading anything. Our campsite was a premium creek site.

Well we have officially cancelled our 2020 Halloween trip to the Fort. Good thing is that we do have our reservations for Halloween at the Fort next year....
Steve
Steve,
Really?, that would be for Oct 2021? How can that be? I thought reservations past Sep 26, 2020 were not open yet. Did I miss that opening and miss the opportunity to make a reservation?

Steve,
Really?, that would be for Oct 2021? How can that be? I thought reservations past Sep 26, 2020 were not open yet. Did I miss that opening and miss the opportunity to make a reservation?
Stork,
I had received an email on April 25th from my TA that has always taken care of our Fort reservations confirming that we wanted Halloween for 2021. We sent her the dates that we wanted and she said that she would book as soon as the days became available. I assumed that the dates would be booked as soon as the 499 day window opened. I was unaware that the 499 day rule was not being used at this time.
Steve

Stork,
I had received an email on April 25th from my TA that has always taken care of our Fort reservations confirming that we wanted Halloween for 2021. We sent her the dates that we wanted and she said that she would book as soon as the days became available. I assumed that the dates would be booked as soon as the 499 day window opened. I was unaware that the 499 day rule was not being used at this time.
Steve

Steve, Stork is right.

Nobody has a 2021 reservation date with an departure date (leaving WDW) after September 26, 2021. Disney is not allowing them now even though we are well within the 500 day window.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-world/reopening-information-updates.htm#resorts

092621.PNG

(the way the announcement is written, it says you CAN make reservation leaving BEFORE 9/26/21 which in essence means you CAN'T make a reservation leaving AFTER 9/26/21). This is a DIS writeup but they are parroting Disney's own announcement which was part of this past summer's reopening plan. You can see this is still currently true because they have the Poly change which was only announced today.

So you don't REALLY have a reservation yet for late 2021. Nobody does. Christmas 2021 reservations also aren't available as well.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Site H3 at Normandy Farms, Foxborough, MA. The hedges on either side between sites in this area of campground. Large variety of sites to choose from here. We are a pull-thru with concrete patio. Close to main clubhouse, pools. Beautiful weather.

B8FE471F-4AAD-4CBE-873B-43321778E538.jpeg

484234D3-A691-4265-BD50-2C2D01CE47B1.jpeg

Yesterday afternoon they had a free coffee truck on field next to live entertainment from 5-7...so got:

CA38779F-0932-49FA-B5EB-61428F339863.jpeg

They have an 18 hole disc golf course that we played this morning. Huge campground for lots of biking around to check out set ups... also a BMXtype bike course with hills/moguls and other type obstacles and new since we were here 2 years ago is a really well done/ really nice radio control car track. Both have been busy!

Looking towards lodge area from our site:

F2B8B610-03B6-4E41-8FD0-52C8E5C0412A.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter