Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

SWA questions.... maybe this has to do with updating the systems recently? I booked travel with points in Feb- for a May date. I got the email stating they used that number of points 'redeemed'. Now I'm finally taking a look at my acct page, and I see the points were 'redeemed' the day after I traveled,months later. What is happening- I don't see any points activity on my page from the date I 'redeemed' them,in Feb anymore(and I didn't check back then) any info?
....Also- this one- I usually in the past used to book us all separately with different conf. #'s so that I could change a fare easily. Now my most recent booking, I booked me and DH,and got just one conf.# for us both. I added a companion also. When our fare dropped a little I went to try and change dh fare since mine had the companion attached. Nope- now both have the cp attached. Is this new? So I dropped the cp off mine,went back in,and tried to do a change. I knew already that just one fare could go lower. But system wouldn't allow me to change just one anymore,now it just showed two fares together,and couldn't get the drop. IS this the new setup now? If so,I need to book more carefully next time.

SWA questions.... maybe this has to do with updating the systems recently? I booked travel with points in Feb- for a May date. I got the email stating they used that number of points 'redeemed'. Now I'm finally taking a look at my acct page, and I see the points were 'redeemed' the day after I traveled,months later. What is happening- I don't see any points activity on my page from the date I 'redeemed' them,in Feb anymore(and I didn't check back then) any info?
....Also- this one- I usually in the past used to book us all separately with different conf. #'s so that I could change a fare easily. Now my most recent booking, I booked me and DH,and got just one conf.# for us both. I added a companion also. When our fare dropped a little I went to try and change dh fare since mine had the companion attached. Nope- now both have the cp attached. Is this new? So I dropped the cp off mine,went back in,and tried to do a change. I knew already that just one fare could go lower. But system wouldn't allow me to change just one anymore,now it just showed two fares together,and couldn't get the drop. IS this the new setup now? If so,I need to book more carefully next time.

Oh no! That's not good! I noticed it generating just one conf # now but hadn't tried editing any flights yet.

I usually in the past used to book us all separately with different conf. #'s so that I could change a fare easily. Now my most recent booking, I booked me and DH,and got just one conf.# for us both.

If you book both at the same time on one account, then yes you will only get 1 confirmation. As far as I know it's always been that way...at least for 5 or 6 years that I have been flying SW.

If you book both at the same time on one account, then yes you will only get 1 confirmation. As far as I know it's always been that way...at least for 5 or 6 years that I have been flying SW.
with points we always got separate conf #. I am not just booking each person separately so I still get diff conf numbers so I can easily get a refund for one seat if that is all that is avail at a lower price, etc.

If I book 2 diff legs to get to my destination for less than SW wants for the same route, can they somehow link my 2 legs together so we don't have to get our bags, recheck them for the 2nd leg, and go back through security again? Hoping they could somehow transfer them for me to the second flight. If not, we could just try and do carry-ons I guess.

If I book 2 diff legs to get to my destination for less than SW wants for the same route, can they somehow link my 2 legs together so we don't have to get our bags, recheck them for the 2nd leg, and go back through security again? Hoping they could somehow transfer them for me to the second flight. If not, we could just try and do carry-ons I guess.

Try by going in and booking a one way to the first destination and then when the page loads hit the button add a flight and put it for that same date.(under return date). I have done it that way and gotten cheaper flights and also the layover airport I wanted.

with points we always got separate conf #. I am not just booking each person separately so I still get diff conf numbers so I can easily get a refund for one seat if that is all that is avail at a lower price, etc.

Thats odd. You use one persons points for all? I book about half my travel with my daughter on points, usually from my account and we always get one conf. #

Try by going in and booking a one way to the first destination and then when the page loads hit the button add a flight and put it for that same date.(under return date). I have done it that way and gotten cheaper flights and also the layover airport I wanted.

Thats odd. You use one persons points for all? I book about half my travel with my daughter on points, usually from my account and we always get one conf. #

I will try that, thank you!

Yes, using one person's points to book, mine, it always generated a diff conf number for each person. Was a pain to keep up with and check people in but was easy to get refund if just one seat avail with a point drop. Probably in the last 6-9 mths it has given me a single conf # for everyone.

well then I guess it must be recent.... I will book separately next time. I prefer it that way.

Just got a great price BWI - MCO in January 3335going 4402 returning. You have to play with the days of the week to get the best price.l

I am researching for next April but I was looking at the March flights today and SW only offers 3 NS flights from PHL. All 3 are times that I am not interested (too early or too late). What are the chances of them change their times for the next release? And why so few NS from PHL anymore? :sad2: I feel like I had 5 or more to choose from prior years.>:(

ETA: Has anyone experienced SW changing flight times closer to actual flight date? I know other airlines (AA for example) will start with an initial time and then change it closer to take off. Does SW do that too or are they good about staying with the initially advertised time?

Last edited:
Has anyone experienced SW changing flight times closer to actual flight date? I know other airlines (AA for example) will start with an initial time and then change it closer to take off. Does SW do that too or are they good about staying with the initially advertised time?

no I have never had them change a flight time, but I have been delayed

no I have never had them change a flight time, but I have been delayed

Thanks! Delays are inevitable. But I'm glad to hear they try to stick with the initially released flight time. I flew AA this April and my time changed so drastically I arrived at my destination before my initial flight was supposed to take off!

ETA: Has anyone experienced SW changing flight times closer to actual flight date? I know other airlines (AA for example) will start with an initial time and then change it closer to take off. Does SW do that too or are they good about staying with the initially advertised time?

I've experienced minimal changes with Southwest schedules after they are released. Probably 3 or 4 times changed (and one time cancelled) over the course of hundreds of flights. Changes were never more than an hour.

EDIT: Just for clarity I mean announced changes and cancellations days or weeks ahead of the flight, not same day delays which obviously are much more frequent

Last edited:
Thanks! Delays are inevitable. But I'm glad to hear they try to stick with the initially released flight time. I flew AA this April and my time changed so drastically I arrived at my destination before my initial flight was supposed to take off!

Delta is famous for changing theirs about 100 times. LOL. It's annoying because for some they pick a flight because of the departure or landing time and it is important to stick to that.

I am researching for next April but I was looking at the March flights today and SW only offers 3 NS flights from PHL. All 3 are times that I am not interested (too early or too late). What are the chances of them change their times for the next release? And why so few NS from PHL anymore? :sad2: I feel like I had 5 or more to choose from prior years.>:(

I've noticed the same thing with a gradual reduction of Southwest flights between PHL and MCO. Its really hard to predict what will be available for the next release as they adjust their schedules seasonally. I've seen the number of direct PHL-MCO flights go down to 2 or 3 a day, which is unfortunate since the planes were usually pretty full, so I doubt its lack of interest. My guess is that Southwest has been adding new cities pretty aggressively lately, including international locations without a corresponding increase in the size of their fleet, at least not yet. As a result, the number of flights in other places has to go down. Although Southwest has a large presence in both Philadelphia and Orlando, neither is a Southwest hub city, so that direct route is an easy one for cuts. (If you want to see a lot more direct flight choice, take a look at an Orlando flight list from a hub city (Baltimore - BWI)).

One thing Southwest is very good about is sticking to their original posted flight times. Since they post their future flights later than most, their plans can be pretty firm. I can't remember Southwest ever changing their planned departure times after I've booked...

My aunt booked her flight last week for our trip in November and as I was checking for our return flight, I noticed that her flight time had changed from leaving at 2:20pm to leaving at 3:30pm. She has not received an email letting her know the departure time has changed but it has changed because the flight number matches her previous departure time. Is this normal? Should she have received an email?

Now we definitely won't be making our 6:20pm dinner reservation lol

I booked our flight already and just noticed the prices dropped by $200. How do I go about getting some money back? Do I call them or do I have to cancel / rebook the flight at the new prices?

TIA!

I booked our flight already and just noticed the prices dropped by $200. How do I go about getting some money back? Do I call them or do I have to cancel / rebook the flight at the new prices?

TIA!
You don't get money back. But you can get a credit that is good for travel completed by 1 year from the date you originally booked. Or you can get points back if that's what you used to book.

Just go into your existing reservation and work through the "change" function.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!