Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Oh it's good to hear that others have seen fares listed as "sold out" only to be restocked!! I kind of had a suspicion that it was early to be sold out this early for a slow(er) travel season like end of Jan.

I checked late last night and the wanna get away fare had jumped from $173 to well over $200. I thought, "I'm certainly not booking tonight!" Then I checked early this morn and that's when it showed as SOLD OUT.
Will you be booking with points or with cash? If you're booking with points, I'd suggest always booking (at a reasonable price) as you can easily get a refund of points if the flight cost goes down.

Of course you can always get a refund when paying with cash, but then you're dealing with expiring travel funds.

As long as there's any single seat on the flight at any price/level, you can add your companion to the flight.

Thanks!
In addition to this Jan trip that this thread is about, I have a round trip SW flight booked departing 2 weeks from today. If (big IF) these points show up and the CP is granted me soon enough, I might try calling to see if my daughter can be my "companion" on this trip and have the points I used for her flight returned to my RR. Worth a try, via phone call.

Will you be booking with points or with cash? If you're booking with points, I'd suggest always booking (at a reasonable price) as you can easily get a refund of points if the flight cost goes down.

Of course you can always get a refund when paying with cash, but then you're dealing with expiring travel funds.
I currently don't have enough to book with points (used a lot for this upcoming trip) but I have a ton of points coming to me soon. I met my spending requirements for 2 SW RR credit cards this month. Statement closing on both is today. I know the points don't appear immediately in your RR acct but I forget (its been a while) how long it takes. So it's a waiting game at this point.

Any Disers with experience traveling early December s.w.prices from mco to bwi ....is 185 dollars non stop on a Saturday high

Sorry, guys, first time I've posted to this thread, and I read many of the 133 pages, but I have these questions:

1) When does SW normally post new flights - it's currently around 8 months ahead - it's Aug 16, 2017, and flights are posted through 1st week of April, 2018. We're flying first week of June 2018.

2) Pardon my ignorance, but what are the codes everyone here is talking about?

Thanks so much, here's hoping I followed protocol!

Sorry, guys, first time I've posted to this thread, and I read many of the 133 pages, but I have these questions:

1) When does SW normally post new flights - it's currently around 8 months ahead - it's Aug 16, 2017, and flights are posted through 1st week of April, 2018. We're flying first week of June 2018.

According to their website on August 28th they are releasing flights through June 1st. The past few months they've been releasing some at a time, so hopefully in September they'll release the rest of June but they haven't actually said yet.

Southwest has been releasing flights earlier than they did last year. We are flying on June 12, 2018 and that week for June 2017 got released around January 5, 2017 - so based on what they have currently released it's earlier now. I also noticed that flights (at least from CA to MCO) are about $40 more each way in 2018 than 2017 :(.

And as far as #2 goes, there really aren't any codes anymore. Seems to be a thing of the past. That's why I changed the title of this thread. You'll see old posts that talk about codes but nothing in recent memory.

Wondering if anyone knows how to get around this. When I went to purchase airfare on SW for Xmas, I selected my tickets and by the time I got everyone's info in, the prices had skyrocketed. In fact, we are not even going now, the airfare was so high. Is there a way to type in all traveler's info in before you select flights?

I bought wanna get away tickets a few weeks ago and the fare went down by $33.
I have a couple questions...
How would I go about getting travel credit?
What would the expiration date of the travel credit be?
Do I just have to book before the expiration date or do I have to TRAVEL by the expiration date?

Online at the Southwest site enter your confirmation code/number and select change flight, then follow the prompts and select the same flight.
Your SW credit will be the original confirmation code/number.
The expiration for that credit will be one year from the original booking date.
The flight must be completed before that date.

Online at the Southwest site enter your confirmation code/number and select change flight, then follow the prompts and select the same flight.
Your SW credit will be the original confirmation code/number.
The expiration for that credit will be one year from the original booking date.
The flight must be completed before that date.

Thanks for the response. I guess I'll skip it because I will not be flying again before the expiration date.

Planning a trip for May 29-June 5 and SW is set to release fares through June 1 on Aug. 28. I've never booked each way separetly, but it looks like I'll have to this time. Besides having 2 confirmation numbers, is there anything else I need to know or worry about?

I also have a question about the no change fees. My sister recently moved to Ft. Myers so I'm thinking about going and visiting her for a few days before or after our Disney trip, but I won't know by next Monday when SW released the flights. If I book a flight from Indianapolis to MCO for May 29, but then decide to fly into Ft. Myers on May 25 instead, can I change my flight? I know I'll pay the difference if the flight to Ft. Myers is higher, but will there be any other fees? Is that even allowed or doable?

I know August 28th they will open booking thru June 1, 2018, but what time does booking open?

Planning a trip for May 29-June 5 and SW is set to release fares through June 1 on Aug. 28. I've never booked each way separetly, but it looks like I'll have to this time. Besides having 2 confirmation numbers, is there anything else I need to know or worry about?

I also have a question about the no change fees. My sister recently moved to Ft. Myers so I'm thinking about going and visiting her for a few days before or after our Disney trip, but I won't know by next Monday when SW released the flights. If I book a flight from Indianapolis to MCO for May 29, but then decide to fly into Ft. Myers on May 25 instead, can I change my flight? I know I'll pay the difference if the flight to Ft. Myers is higher, but will there be any other fees? Is that even allowed or doable?

Nope, it's super simple. I always do it this way because if there is a price change it's easier to price adjust. Specially if one route goes down but the other route goes up. If one goes down $30, but the other goes up $30 you don't get any savings if booked as a round trip. But if you book them separately you can take advantage of the $30. Just note that you have to use the credit one year from when it was booked, so when you book your May 29th on August 28th, you'll have to use the credit by August 28, 2018.

No change fee at all, just the price difference.

Has anyone ever had an experience where the price for a flight is lower when they call SW as opposed to booking online? This morning, I noticed that our flight price had gone down by about $90 from when we booked earlier this year. I've never done the price adjustment through the 'change flight' online so I decided to call instead and have someone make the change on my behalf so I didn't mess something up. I gave the customer service rep my confirmation # and told her what flight was now cheaper. She came back a min later and said my credit would be $125 per person....super awesome, but as I thought about it more, even with the tax lowering a bit, the numbers don't quite add up to the price I saw listed online. I got the confirmation email for the change and it still lists the exact same flight, so the flight didn't change. The only explanation I can think of is that the price she had access to was lower than what was listed online. I'm certainly not complaining....just confused. Thoughts?

Has anyone ever had an experience where the price for a flight is lower when they call SW as opposed to booking online? Thoughts?

I had a similar experience and was wondering about it....
Yesterday my flight price dropped as well. Went down to $124 when I did a general Southwest search for flights. I made the change to the lower price online BUT>>>> the available price online was $134. I repriced at that and got it but all day I was wondering if I would call would I get the lower price of $124?

Early Bird Check-in question........

I've always used EBCI and we've always gotten in the A boarding group. Printed boarding passes just now and we are in B. (4 & 5 of the B group tho).
I'm wondering if EBCI is worth the extra $ anymore or if, at least for our flights down, I should just checkin myself at exactly 24hrs before.

My concern is being seated together with my teen daughter. We make a nice time of the flight, watching a Disney movie on the flights (makes it go faster) and would not be as much fun if we had to sit separately

What's your success with self-checkin?

I know August 28th they will open booking thru June 1, 2018, but what time does booking open?
It looks like the last time they released the time was 8:11am est, according to some one posting a couple of pages back. When I booked in 2015 for an April 2016 trip I was waiting at 6am and it was released at 6:45am. So basically I think you just have to be prepared for early morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!