Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I feel like I've read about this here, but hoping someone can confirm. I received an email from Southwest that says it's a special invitation to sign up for "rewards for opinions." I think this is legit, but want to get opinions. Thank you!
I got that email also and signed up. I don't usually do survey websites so I don't know if my experience is normal, but I tried to do a bunch of surveys and was ineligible for a lot of them. I got one to go through and earned 3 points :badpc: but I'm interested to see if they count it and actually give me the 500 point credit for completing my first survey. If it does I might give the website a try every once in awhile...

I got that email also and signed up. I don't usually do survey websites so I don't know if my experience is normal, but I tried to do a bunch of surveys and was ineligible for a lot of them. I got one to go through and earned 3 points :badpc: but I'm interested to see if they count it and actually give me the 500 point credit for completing my first survey. If it does I might give the website a try every once in awhile...

Thank you.

I feel like I've read about this here, but hoping someone can confirm. I received an email from Southwest that says it's a special invitation to sign up for "rewards for opinions." I think this is legit, but want to get opinions. Thank you!

I just got the e-mail today as well though I haven't done anything with it. Good information though about not being eligible for a lot of them at least I can go in expecting that lol.

I feel like I've read about this here, but hoping someone can confirm. I received an email from Southwest that says it's a special invitation to sign up for "rewards for opinions." I think this is legit, but want to get opinions. Thank you![/QUOTE

My husband received an invitation too. I am wondering the same thing. I intend to call Southwest.

Yep totally legit. I do them and earn points for flights. It's not a lot, but for me every little bit counts. I also do e-rewards for SW points. I average at least 7500 points a year and I am not diligent at doing the surveys.

I'm only about 10 pages into this thread but I've seen people booking one way fares instead of round trip. Is that a better buy usually?

I'm only about 10 pages into this thread but I've seen people booking one way fares instead of round trip. Is that a better buy usually?
It's easier to make changes and allows more flexibility. Also, some customers book the outbound with points, and the return with credit card, or vice versa; you can't combine those two types of purchases on a roundtrip ticket.

The standard in the industry usually was for roundtrips to price with lower fares. That is no longer always true, and is not true with Southwest; Southwest's fares do not change if booking one-way vs. roundtrip.

This may have already been asked but when traveling with my 9yr old on Southwest do I need to bring a birth certificate for ID or is that not required? We are both on a wanna get away fare btw not a child fare.

What time in the morning (Eastern time zone) have the new Southwest fares been getting released :confused3 I haven't booked in a while so I want to make sure I am on when they are released as I have found that the fares are lowest then :rolleyes1

What time in the morning (Eastern time zone) have the new Southwest fares been getting released :confused3 I haven't booked in a while so I want to make sure I am on when they are released as I have found that the fares are lowest then :rolleyes1
I would start checking at 6:00 A.M., but it could be an hour or so later. There is never a set time.

My general advice is between 6:30am and 8:30am Eastern. I know that's a large and frustrating window but it really varies A LOT from release to release.

I've been trying to read through the 180+ pages of this thread, but wanted to ask for some advice... My family of four will be traveling SW for the first time, and the idea of non-assigned seats has me a bit nervous that we won't be able to sit together. I'm a nervous flyer, but I do my best not to let it show around the kids, and I like to have all the I's dotted and T's crossed to help me feel as prepared and calm as possible. ANYWAY. my DS will be 7 and DD will be 5 when we fly. Can you help me out for the best plan? Should I buy early boarding for us? We're trying to use points... Is saved seating frowned upon if we don't buy early boarding for everyone (I'm guessing yes)? Will we qualify for family boarding (both kids aren't under the threshold)?

Thanks in advance for your words of wisdom!

I've been trying to read through the 180+ pages of this thread, but wanted to ask for some advice... My family of four will be traveling SW for the first time, and the idea of non-assigned seats has me a bit nervous that we won't be able to sit together. I'm a nervous flyer, but I do my best not to let it show around the kids, and I like to have all the I's dotted and T's crossed to help me feel as prepared and calm as possible. ANYWAY. my DS will be 7 and DD will be 5 when we fly. Can you help me out for the best plan? Should I buy early boarding for us? We're trying to use points... Is saved seating frowned upon if we don't buy early boarding for everyone (I'm guessing yes)? Will we qualify for family boarding (both kids aren't under the threshold)?

Thanks in advance for your words of wisdom!

You can most certainly buy EBCI for peace of mind. However, boarding order goes like this: handicapped folks, A group (usually people who purchase EBCI get A or early B), families with children under 6 (that’s you), then B, then C.
We have always just done family boarding and have always found seats together.
Any time we were on a flight where a family was unable to sit together (they probably didn’t board at the right time), the flight attendants asked people to move so that they could.
So, I don’t think it’s necessaey to but EBCI, but if you’re super anxious and it will help you, go for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!