Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

This thread also prompted me to check our flights for spring break next week. It appears that we are good on aircraft for those!

I spoke too soon. Our outbound to PHL for Tuesday was just cancelled this morning. Man, you have to act fast if that happens! I was able to rebook us on a flight out the next day, so we lose a day there. We're just going to visit family, but still. We'll change planes in Nashville, and we haven't changed planes in years! So, so spoiled. Seats still show as available for our Saturday return flight, but I wonder if they are doing 'rolling' cancellations and we'll find out three days before that our return flight is cancelled. Only time will tell. I'm kind of old, and I have never had any real travel issues until today! And this after I felt like I've spent the past three days on SW's website because of the whole October opening!

My new flight now has the old expiration.

I bought my tickets 8/30/18. I got credit in January, that expires 8/30/19.

I booked a June flight today (3/15/19) using that credit. If I get credit from this new flight it will still expire 8/30/19, not 3/15/20.
Thanks for explaining!

I just checked my flights the other day. My departing flight was a 737-700 and my returning flight was a 737-800. I went to look at something today and my returning flight is gone. My account ONLY shows my departing flight. My returning flight isn’t even showing up as a choice to purchase. I’ve checked the app and the website. Any ideas about this? Can anyone else see it? Maybe it’s a glitch. Orlando to Indianapolis July 25 9:30 pm #0373

I just checked my flights the other day. My departing flight was a 737-700 and my returning flight was a 737-800. I went to look at something today and my returning flight is gone. My account ONLY shows my departing flight. My returning flight isn’t even showing up as a choice to purchase. I’ve checked the app and the website. Any ideas about this? Can anyone else see it? Maybe it’s a glitch. Orlando to Indianapolis July 25 9:30 pm #0373
When did you book your flights?

What I'm seeing is the last flight out is 7:35pm that day.

I really haven't experienced SWA getting rid of flights once they've been released but with the MAX issue I guess it's possible they've completely removed it. From what other people are reporting on this thread and other threads out there is the flight has just shown up as SOLD OUT when it's been related to the MAX issue. Perhaps something has changed though?

When did you book your flights?

What I'm seeing is the last flight out is 7:35pm that day.

I really haven't experienced SWA getting rid of flights once they've been released but with the MAX issue I guess it's possible they've completely removed it. From what other people are reporting on this thread and other threads out there is the flight has just shown up as SOLD OUT when it's been related to the MAX issue. Perhaps something has changed though?
That’s the last flight out that I’m seeing too. I booked in January. I checked my confirmation email from when I booked and the flight at 9:30 is on there. I’m not sure if I should wait to see if they reload it to my account or call to change to the 7:35 flight. I’ve received no notice of cancellation so I’m unsure of what I should do.

That’s the last flight out that I’m seeing too. I booked in January. I checked my confirmation email from when I booked and the flight at 9:30 is on there. I’m not sure if I should wait to see if they reload it to my account or call to change to the 7:35 flight. I’ve received no notice of cancellation so I’m unsure of what I should do.
I'd probably give them a call because my concern is that they've removed the flight entirely and if you waited too long that you'd lose out on seats on the flights showing presently. Maybe they'll be able to explain if they had to remove the flight completely which if they did my guess is the MAX issue.

It could be a glitch but honestly I've just not experienced that with SWA removing a flight like that once their flights are released other than mechanical or weather issues and that's an actual cancellation not a removal of the flight from the itinerary.

That bites that you didn't receive any notification on that though!

I'd probably give them a call because my concern is that they've removed the flight entirely and if you waited too long that you'd lose out on seats on the flights showing presently. Maybe they'll be able to explain if they had to remove the flight completely which if they did my guess is the MAX issue.

It could be a glitch but honestly I've just not experienced that with SWA removing a flight like that once their flights are released other than mechanical or weather issues and that's an actual cancellation not a removal of the flight from the itinerary.

That bites that you didn't receive any notification on that though!
So i got an email from Southwest at 12:30 last night with my updated changes LOL! They put us on that 7:35 flight. I guess they just eliminated that later flight. It was gone from the days before and after too so maybe they just got rid of it altogether. Thanks for your help! I apparently was just a little impatient!

So i got an email from Southwest at 12:30 last night with my updated changes LOL! They put us on that 7:35 flight. I guess they just eliminated that later flight. It was gone from the days before and after too so maybe they just got rid of it altogether. Thanks for your help! I apparently was just a little impatient!
No problem!

I wouldn't say you are impatient lol I'd be wondering myself what happened since I've never personally had SWA remove a flight like that.

I'm so glad you were already put on that other flight though and that you got notification in the end from SWA :-)

Hi. I just saw this thread and hope someone has an answer.

I was hoping to get a customer service email address other than what is used on their site. I used the Customer Service contact email on their site and not satisifed with the response. To make a long story short, my dh was on the SW flight No. 6, that was hit on the runway, and although he is not seeking additional compensation, he is not fully satisified withthe response from a question he asked.

I dont have a twitter account and did think I may need to create one but hoped I could contact someone other than the general customer service email on their site before taking it to social media.

Thank you.

I know this is first world problems but DH and I booked a trip to the Sandals Bahamas resort for Oct 2020 - and I know flights aren't out for that time period now, but they are for our same dates this year. I looked at flight times coming and going to see what the travel dates would look like and they seemed reasonable.

Now when I look for flights from RDU to Nassau in mid-October I see flights there but NO flights from Nassau to RDU on any Saturday. And even stranger, after October there are NO departing flights out of Nassau to RDU...

:confused3:confused3

I guess I don't have to panic quite yet since I have a year and a half but just wondering if they're stopping ALL flights out - and how do you have flights into an airport, but no flights OUT of an airport?

:eek:

It opened Friday morning so has been open all weekend.

That figures! I had been checking everyday then did not check on Friday or weekend!!!! So I’ve obviously missed the lower fares. Now I’m canceling my Oct trip as I am most definitely not paying the prices now available from BWI to MCO!

Hi. I just saw this thread and hope someone has an answer.

I was hoping to get a customer service email address other than what is used on their site. I used the Customer Service contact email on their site and not satisifed with the response. To make a long story short, my dh was on the SW flight No. 6, that was hit on the runway, and although he is not seeking additional compensation, he is not fully satisified withthe response from a question he asked.

I dont have a twitter account and did think I may need to create one but hoped I could contact someone other than the general customer service email on their site before taking it to social media.

Thank you.
Here is the phone contact for Customer Relations, which is dedicated to resolving special issues:

855-234-4654

Otherwise, it may be worth your time to set up a Twitter account to get some immediate assistance/guidance.

The Customer Relations line may have a long wait, due to all of the recent issues, as well as it being Monday.

Here is the phone contact for Customer Relations, which is dedicated to resolving special issues:

855-234-4654

Otherwise, it may be worth your time to set up a Twitter account to get some immediate assistance/guidance.

The Customer Relations line may have a long wait, due to all of the recent issues, as well as it being Monday.

Thank you.

For the Twitter account, after I create the account, do I find SW and then just repost my email I sent to them?
I didn't want to call since I just didn't want to get a random CS person.

I will also not put too much personal information in the Twitter info. I send, is that correct too?
How will they contact me if I send the information through Twitter?

Thank you SO much!

That figures! I had been checking everyday then did not check on Friday or weekend!!!! So I’ve obviously missed the lower fares. Now I’m canceling my Oct trip as I am most definitely not paying the prices now available from BWI to MCO!
I don't think you missed the lower fares, they were high right off the bat. None of the ones I have been looking at have changed since Friday, they started high and stayed high.

Thank you.

For the Twitter account, after I create the account, do I find SW and then just repost my email I sent to them?

I will also not put too much personal information in the Twitter info. I send, is that correct too?

Thank you SO much!

I don't think I understand how calling reaches someone MORE random than using twitter or email. I would call in your dh's shoes.

Thank you.

Thank you SO much!
Set up your account (you can give yourself an alias name for your Twitter handle, even use a longer variation of your DIS name). Then go to www.twitter.com/southwestair. Make sure that you are logged in to your Twitter account and "Follow" Southwest on Twitter. Then post a general message about your concern.
You will shortly see a reply, probably asking you to send them a direct (private) message - they may provide a link. Otherwise, you should see a place on the page to DM them. Have the original confirmation number available for them to look it up.

Last edited:
My March 31 is now showing that I can change it but it is also still showing available to book? I don't want to change it unless I have to?! Anyone else have this happen?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter