Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

As i posted earlier, my flights basically doubled from the starting point of 12,000 & 14,000 then, went to sold out in mere minutes after opening.

Hope everyone got what they wanted!

We always take the first flight to MCO. The first flight of the day to MCO is a couple hours later than usual which was surprising, but at least we got it!

We did get a 9:30pm flight home which is exactly what we were hoping for so we can enjoy WDW for most of our departure day (and the kids will sleep on the flight!)

WGA is still available for mine but for way more points than what I booked.

Wow, the next release is next month, but still doesn't get our Spring Break dates for Tampa. At least that gives me time to bank more points.

I don't usually book SW but did today for my extended family. On the day of the release when all the WGA fares sell out, do they usually come back at some point? Is it a ploy to make you think later that you are getting a deal at $300 o/w? Or are they really selling out huge chunks of planes on day 1? Thanks!

I don't usually book SW but did today for my extended family. On the day of the release when all the WGA fares sell out, do they usually come back at some point? Is it a ploy to make you think later that you are getting a deal at $300 o/w? Or are they really selling out huge chunks of planes on day 1? Thanks!
WGA fares can come back, but I don't know that it would be likely. You can check regularly to see if the price decreases, but be aware if you do get a refund for the price difference it will be in the form of a voucher that expires a year from today (not a year from the date of the flight). I think the voucher is tied to the flight confirmation number and has to be used by the person on the ticket, but I don't have experience with that so I'm not completely sure!

So disappointed! I waited all morning for January and February flights to be released and got on right away. Their new schedule is very disappointing (3 legs to get from the west coast and arrive after midnight) and pricing is quite a bit higher than all the other big airlines. Guess I'll wait and hope for a winter sale.

through January 31 is available via low fare calendar MKE-MCO....but not Feb/March yet...

I’ll have to remember this for future reference. I was just going through the regular “Book a Flight” process and didn’t realize flights might become available sooner through the Low Fare Calendar. It couldn’t have made more than a few minutes difference because I booked not long after I posted that, and I probably got the same fare I would have gotten anyway. But, as long as I’m stalking the site I might as well try any trick possible.

They usually come back, but it may not be for a two months. I think they have certain percentages that they would would like to hit for each flight with regards to how many seats are sold as WGA , Anytime, and Business Select fares. So they are probably only willing to sell so many seats at WGA fares this early on.

In the 30 mins since I have booked my flights, the points have gone up over 500 points per person per flight. Crazy
Yeah - did you miss a 0 there? 500 points is only $7 LOL!
I think it's called sleep deprivation, due to waking up at the crack of dawn for the schedule extension.😴

I have a question, 2 of the flights I just booked from Feb are the 737-800 these are or are not the max flights? Sorry just a little confused.
No, the 737-800 is different from the Max8. Both seat 175 on SW flights though.
How do you tell what plane is on what flight?
Go to the search screen and hit the little flight number link.

just discovered my flight going out is a MAX 8. What has been happening to people scheduled on these flights? I'm just wondering if I should ride it out given that I am somewhat flexible on my arrival time of day - had hoped to have the earlier flight. or just suck it up and deal with $20 more per person for a later flight that's not a MAX8

Last edited:
We are on the 737-800 too. I'm happy to hear this is different than the Max 8. In all honesty I can't see them adding Max 8 to the new schedule since it seems nothing is getting resolved with their issues.

I decided to take the later/more expensive flight (still same price as this morning) and not mess with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter