Post your Favorite DLR Holiday photo

They really are stunning - especially at Christmastime. If you have never been there during that time of year, I think we all would agree that you MUST do it at least once. As magical as DLR is during any other time of year, it is no exaggeration to say that during the holidays it takes on a whole other level of magic! It is almost breathtaking when you walk down Main Street at night and see all the lights, and see the sparkly Winter Castle glowing throughout the park, or the gorgeous IASW Holiday facade at night, which is so colorful I just stand there in a trance staring at it, transfixed, with my mouth open, looking like a fool. You get chills and goosebumps. There is something about the beauty of the decorations and all the Christmas trees and the holiday food and the music and the lights that just mixes so well with the 'regular' Disney magic. There is nothing like it. I don't think any other non-Disney park could compare at Christmastime. Heck, it's only March and I am itching to get back there for the holidays NOW!!:yay:

I agree! I love DL at Christmas. It's the best time of the year to go. Once I started going during the holiday season, I couldn't stop. There is nothing else like it.

499215908_rMRBp-XL.jpg

I agree! I love DL at Christmas. It's the best time of the year to go. Once I started going during the holiday season, I couldn't stop. There is nothing else like it.

That is the problem! It is addictive. I mean, DLR is addictive anyway but there is extra magic piped into the air (literally and figuratively) during the holiday season that is just irresistible. Once you have been once during that time of year, you find yourself coming up with ways to get back there every holiday season, ahem, "just for the day...":rolleyes1...which turns into a 3-night hotel stay at the GCH "because it is a good hotel to stay in for the holidays...":rolleyes1:lmao::lmao:

Lovely pictures, by the way, DisneySuiteFreak! Do you use a Nikon? It seems like I recall you saying you used a Nikon in another thread (I am constantly paying attention to what people are using as I am on the hunt for a new camera but can't decide if I want a really great Nikon DSLR right now or a really good point and shoot for the time being (I like to be able to just shove the camera in my purse, but I want decent night pictures too!).

That is the problem! It is addictive. I mean, DLR is addictive anyway but there is extra magic piped into the air (literally and figuratively) during the holiday season that is just irresistible. Once you have been once during that time of year, you find yourself coming up with ways to get back there every holiday season, ahem, "just for the day...":rolleyes1...which turns into a 3-night hotel stay at the GCH "because it is a good hotel to stay in for the holidays...":rolleyes1:lmao::lmao:

Lovely pictures, by the way, DisneySuiteFreak! Do you use a Nikon? It seems like I recall you saying you used a Nikon in another thread (I am constantly paying attention to what people are using as I am on the hunt for a new camera but can't decide if I want a really great Nikon DSLR right now or a really good point and shoot for the time being (I like to be able to just shove the camera in my purse, but I want decent night pictures too!).

I can admit it; I am a Disneyland addict but even more so when it comes to the Holiday season!:woohoo::dance3:
Thank you for your kind comments, Sherry! I use a Nikon D90. It's a great camera. DSLRs have a little bit of a learning curve and it can be expensive due to the costs of the lenses. Every little thing adds up. However, if it's something you enjoy as a hobby, then it's worth it. It does allow for a lot more creativity than just a regular point and shoot. I'm still learning how to take good photos, and I have a lot of duds -- let me tell ya!:rolleyes1 I'm also trying to teach myself a little bit about post processing which I've never done until the last month or so. :scared:That also has quite a bit of a learning curve. I spend way too much time on the Dis and looking at Disney photos!:rotfl:But it's a fun hobby.
There are cameras that they call Bridge cameras that are similar to Point and Shoots but also allow for more creativity if you want it. I was thinking about getting a Canon SX1 IS or SX10IS. The SX1 IS coming out in April. It's one of the newest bridge cameras and can do HD video as well. I was thinking about getting one of these for those times when I don't want to lug all the camera gear around. I changed my mind because of the economy; plus I don't really need another camera! :rolleyes1 Speaking as one who has collected and amassed at least 8 or 9 different cameras in the last 20 years in my quest for better photos (not including camcorders:scared1:) I can honestly say that I am very happy with my D90 and assortment of lenses (finally!) and will stick with this one for quite a while. It wouldn't be too bad if I could have sold my various other cameras but by the time I would decide to upgrade they weren't worth anything anymore and technology progressed too far. That's what's great about using a DSLR to a certain degree - you can grow with it as a photographer and as you learn/progress you can buy new, faster lenses that give you more options for the various types of photography. The downside is cost. :guilty: Anyway, in case you're interested, I thought I'd pass on the info I've been researching... The Dis Photo boards has a lot of great info. I'm still learning, and have learned so much from there...
Have a great day, Sherry!
DSF

I can admit it; I am a Disneyland addict but even more so when it comes to the Holiday season!:woohoo::dance3:
Thank you for your kind comments, Sherry! I use a Nikon D90. It's a great camera. DSLRs have a little bit of a learning curve and it can be expensive due to the costs of the lenses. Every little thing adds up. However, if it's something you enjoy as a hobby, then it's worth it. It does allow for a lot more creativity than just a regular point and shoot. I'm still learning how to take good photos, and I have a lot of duds -- let me tell ya!:rolleyes1 I'm also trying to teach myself a little bit about post processing which I've never done until the last month or so. :scared:That also has quite a bit of a learning curve. I spend way too much time on the Dis and looking at Disney photos!:rotfl:But it's a fun hobby.
There are cameras that they call Bridge cameras that are similar to Point and Shoots but also allow for more creativity if you want it. I was thinking about getting a Canon SX1 IS or SX10IS. The SX1 IS coming out in April. It's one of the newest bridge cameras and can do HD video as well. I was thinking about getting one of these for those times when I don't want to lug all the camera gear around. I changed my mind because of the economy; plus I don't really need another camera! :rolleyes1 Speaking as one who has collected and amassed at least 8 or 9 different cameras in the last 20 years in my quest for better photos (not including camcorders:scared1:) I can honestly say that I am very happy with my D90 and assortment of lenses (finally!) and will stick with this one for quite a while. It wouldn't be too bad if I could have sold my various other cameras but by the time I would decide to upgrade they weren't worth anything anymore and technology progressed too far. That's what's great about using a DSLR to a certain degree - you can grow with it as a photographer and as you learn/progress you can buy new, faster lenses that give you more options for the various types of photography. The downside is cost. :guilty: Anyway, in case you're interested, I thought I'd pass on the info I've been researching... The Dis Photo boards has a lot of great info. I'm still learning, and have learned so much from there...
Have a great day, Sherry!
DSF

Thanks - I really appreciate the info and insight on the cameras.:goodvibes I don't know which the 'best' point and shoot camera is these days (frankly, I got a lot of use and great pictures out of my old 35mm camera but it's time for a new one) so a bridge camera automatically sounds better quality than that. And if a Nikon D40 is around $500, then the Canon you mentioned must be cheaper than that. I have been out of the loop on picture taking for a while (I used to take a bunch in the old days) so I don't necessarily want a clunky DSLR model just yet when I am such a clutz, but I either want a GREAT point and shoot that actually takes clear night pictures that don't look dark and fuzzy or maybe a bridge camera.

Thanks - I really appreciate the info and insight on the cameras.:goodvibes I don't know which the 'best' point and shoot camera is these days (frankly, I got a lot of use and great pictures out of my old 35mm camera but it's time for a new one) so a bridge camera automatically sounds better quality than that. And if a Nikon D40 is around $500, then the Canon you mentioned must be cheaper than that. I have been out of the loop on picture taking for a while (I used to take a bunch in the old days) so I don't necessarily want a clunky DSLR model just yet when I am such a clutz, but I either want a GREAT point and shoot that actually takes clear night pictures that don't look dark and fuzzy or maybe a bridge camera.
For a P&S: One of the photographers on the Dis photo boards just bought his wife a Canon SX110 IS (IS means image stabilization to help with camera shake:thumbsup2) and he said he really likes it. I was checking that one out for a P&S before I decided I'd prefer a Bridge, and then decided not to get anything.:rolleyes1 Then after he posted photos taken with it, a few others bought it or got it as gifts from their spouses as well. From what I've read, they are very happy with it. If you're interested, Amazon.com tends to have a lot of good deals, and if you buy directly from Amazon (not one of the third party sellers) anything over $25 ships for free. :woohoo:So I usually end up buying from Amazon. Amazon has a lot of customer reviews too which is great. Also, Amazon is an authorized retailer for all the major camera companies.

Oooooooooohhhhhhh....that's pretty! Actually, it is more than pretty - it's dramatic. I love the contrast and juxtaposition of the Christmas decorations against the overcast, gloomy sky!:thumbsup2 And such a clear photo too! That Nikon is proving its worth for you, DisneySuiteFreak!!:lmao:

Oooooooooohhhhhhh....that's pretty! Actually, it is more than pretty - it's dramatic. I love the contrast and juxtaposition of the Christmas decorations against the overcast, gloomy sky!:thumbsup2 And such a clear photo too! That Nikon is proving its worth for you, DisneySuiteFreak!!:lmao:

Thank you Sherry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!