Postal Strike? Grrrrr...

>>^..^<<

Flat Cat
Anyone hear anything about a looming Canada Post Strike for this Friday?

I am expecting my documents from Universal and Disney soon... Grrrrrrr... actually I called them and they mailed my vouchers/luggage tags on July 11th.. and Universal mailed all my stuff yesterday :mad:

>>^..^<<

They, being the Union or Canada Post must give the public 72 hours (3 days) notice of any strike or lock out!

I know this does not help but when I mentioned this to our postal person, he did not even know they were in negotiations for a strike! Go Figure!LOL

Scratch
:smooth:

I was wondering about a postal strike because in my last credit card statement there was a slip about how to pay your bill in case of a postal strike. Didn't have a clue what they were talking about. I haven't heard anything. Let's hope not.

I spoke to a woman at the post office today when i was mailing a package. she confirmed that (whichever union it is) can strike as early as friday (or maybe she said after friday)... I've also heard this from other people... they may already have given notice...

I spoke to the Purolator Guy this afternoon ~ Purolator and the Canada Post have some connection.

He says he has heard they will annouce tomorrow a strike for Friday but not to worry :confused:

There are "other/outside" people hired to deliver mail - just not everyday, and the sorters are still sorting so he said there should not be that much disruption.

Should I believe the Purolator Guy?

>>^..^<<

Originally posted by >>^..^<<
I spoke to the Purolator Guy this afternoon ~ Purolator and the Canada Post have some connection.

He says he has heard they will annouce tomorrow a strike for Friday but not to worry :confused:

There are "other/outside" people hired to deliver mail - just not everyday, and the sorters are still sorting so he said there should not be that much disruption.

Should I believe the Purolator Guy?

>>^..^<<
I was at the Post Office today to mail a parcel & a clerk told me it was the sorters who would be striking. :confused: She said mail would definitely be affected & they may start as early as Friday. I mailed my parcel by priority post (guaranteed 2 day delivery) just in case. :)

I guess we'd better watch the news tonight. What a pain. I'm waiting for my Rainforest "Safari Club" Membership to arrive...but I'm sure I'll get it before October. ;)

As I was driving to work this morning I heard on the radio that the strike could happen at 12:01 am Friday, July 18.
I went to http://www.cupw.ca/pages/document_eng.php?Doc_ID=455
and discovered this communique from July 11, 2003..."The Canadian Union of Postal Workers (CUPW) gave notice yesterday to the Minister of Labour and to Canada Post that the union has set a strike deadline for Friday, July 18, 2003 at 12:01 a.m.. The union and the corporation are at an impasse in bargaining on several key issues. "
And this communique from July 17, 2003 at 10 am...
"The Canadian Union of Postal Workers (CUPW) will issue a media release at 12:01 a.m. on July 18, 2003. This is the time at which the union has the right to strike if there is no negotiated settlement with Canada Post. The union will hold a media conference later that morning to provide details on the state of its negotiations with Canada Post."
I've been waiting for documents from WDW to show that I am paid in full for my trip. I was supposed to get a fax but it didn't come.

from what i recall from the news, they where talking about going on strike friday and all that will get thru will be government cheques. i heard this the begining of the week so hopefully everything has gotten worked out and it doesn't happen! I thought disney didn't send confirmation of payment? that's what it says on the back of the bill anyway????

CTV News just said they could be on strike in less than an hour (midnight Eastern Time)...we'll have to wait & see. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter