Potato Cheese Soup

yummy72

DIS Veteran
Here's the soup we'll be having along with the chili and other stuff at DD's Firetruck Party (another thread!)

Enjoy!

Potato Cheese Soup

4 stalks celery chopped
4 carrots peeled and chopped
4-6 potatoes peeled and diced
butter
2 large cans chicken broth
3 cans cream of potato soup
1 large bag shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup (or more if you like) sour cream
salt and pepper to taste

Saute vegetables in butter in soup kettle for about 5 minutes. Add broth. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, approx 20 minutes. Add sour cream and cream of potato soups and 1 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese. Stir until heated through.

Serve topped with remaining cheese

Very rich and delicious!

That sounds really good. Thanks for sharing! I love potato soup, but I don't like bacon, and there are very few good recipes that don't have a lot of the flavor coming from bacon.

Thanks for posting the soup recipe. This is definitely something that will go over big in my house. I'll be making it when the weather gets a little colder. :D

Here is another yummy cheese soup. You can cut it down if you aren't serving a crowd.

Cheesy Vegetable Soup serves 36

1 gallon homemade chicken broth (unseasoned)
1 (32 oz) pkg frozen hash brown potatoes
3 medium onions, diced
1 c. celery, diced
2 (16 oz) pkg. frozen mixed vegetables
1 large can tomatoes, cut up
5 lbs. Velveeta cheese
cracked pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients except the cheese. Cook 1 hour until vegetables are tender. dive Velveeta. add to soup and continue cooking at low heat until cheese is melted. Season to taste with pepper, but DO NOT ADD SALT. The cheese does that for you!

This soup is also good with diced chicken added. My family loves to eat this with a sandwich. The friend that gave this one to me said it's source was Cricket's in the Loft.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter