Pre-Race Dinner Options

JohnFilipoff

GoofyDad
What does everyone eat the night before a big Disney race? Do you eat out or stay in? The wife and I eat fairly clean, no processed foods etc. What are good options in the Boardwalk area for a safe pre-race dinner that will fill up the carb tank? Flight doesn't arrive until noon on Saturday, so the rest of the week's eating is controlled at home.

Depends on the race. Anything less than a marathon, I just eat a normal meal. For a marathon I start carb loading a few days before the race.

Half or below, I eat normal, stop around 7pm-ish, Ill hang out in the parks unless I'm running dopey (all nights are early in) Full, I'll eat a carb meal before 2pm, light meal a little later...stay in around 6pm.

That said, any Italian restaurant will have some pasta meals, resort food courts usually have a pasta (never like their sauce) mac n cheese is great, breads.

I would always tear up the vegetable sides at Raglan Road the night before Wine and Dine, but that was back when they did them at night.

I eat at my resort before every race, big or small. I eat very mild, making sure I eat carbs but no "carb loading."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!