Pre-Trip Plans Done? Give the moderator a PM. Will move to TR or Close it.

OhMari

WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator
We have new boards for the Trip Report Board!!

PRE TRIP BOARD: Tickets, Cameras, Sneakers, Ready Set Go

This board will be for your pre trip reports which (Suggested)

Should Contain:

* Who is in your party

* Your travel dates

* Where are you staying

* What Advanced Dining Reservations you have made (if any)

* If you have a set itinerary

* Any special plans, events, etc that you have planned

Your pre trip report should be posted here

Starting today (September 28, 2006) all pre trip reports will be posted here and if necessary moved to this subboard.

You can have 2 options upon returning from your trip

1. You can post your adventures on the pre trip report and we (the moderators) will move it to the main trip report board

OR

2. You can start a new trip report and link your pre trip in your first post

Directions to Set up a Link in your Trip Report

If you want to write your Trip Report in installments, you can show links at the bottom of each thread for your other installments.

After you post installment 2

Click on edit to go back to your post

Once your post opens up you can click on

Insert Hyperlink

the little blue circle with what looks like glasses (this is under the Font Size and Color line

A little box titled

Explorer User Promot will pop up

In the blank box you can type what you want to call your link

example

Day One

type in your text and click on OK

The next box is where you insert the URL from your day 1 installment

(open your day 1 installment, at the top of page 1 of that installment click on the address to high light it and select copy)

Once your link is pasted into the little box Click Ok and your link will show up in your current thread.

TRIP REPORT BOARD: WDW TR's Work in Progess

This will be your trip report

You can post either all in one post

You can post each installment

If you wish you can link your installments

All trip reports are welcome

It is up to YOU how you write your report

Just be careful on how much personal information you share on the internet

COMPLETED TRIP REPORTS: So Sad, Our Trip is Over

After a trip report is completed/finsihed it will be moved to this board.

Once a trip report is completed after 3 weeks

it will be moved to the completed Trip report board for all to enjoy

----

Now for some general comments/thoughts:

You do not need to post to a particular trip report in order to subscribe, you can do that by subscribing to the thread

Subscribing to a particular thread directions:

Open the thread that you want to follow

On Page 1 of the thread in the Blue line above the post (right below the Post Reply button) over on the right hand side there is a box in Dark Blue labeled Thread Tools.

Click on Thread Tools

Click on Subscribe to this Thread

On the next page you can select what type of Notication by email that you want

Click on Add Subscription

You will receive an email everytime anyone posts on the thread that you want to follow.

Please read the Disboards.com Guidelines by clicking here http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm

especially the following ones:

*** NO PROFANITY:

Profanity has no place on these boards. The boards are equipped with censoring software and will not permit messages containing inappropriate language to be posted. Profanity includes attempts to bypass the built in filter that these boards contain to avoid such words. Anyone found trying to bypass the filter will have their posting privileges revoked. Further, profanity includes suggestive or inappropriate photos. This is a family site, and other sites exist that contain more lenient guidelines regarding such matters.

** This includes in trying to get around the word filter - by trying to type the word with *** or any other symbols **

*** NO FIGHTING:

These boards are moderated in an effort to keep the discussions appropriate to the topic at hand. Those who feel they can not abide by these rules are welcome to read the posts on the board, and respond via email to the person who posted the message. Messages that are argumentative or sarcastic in nature will be deleted without discussion.

** This includes calling someone stupid, idoits, trash, or making fun of their trip report writing style **

***NO PERSONAL MESSAGES:

These boards are not for exchanging personal messages with friends. For that, we suggest you use email or our Private Message system. If you have a personal comment for that person, please direct it to them via email or PM. If the use of the boards for personal messages continues, those messages will be deleted. Remember, if the message is not intended for EVERYONE, it does not belong on the boards!

** This includes secret / private code words that are just for a select few Disboard members. If not every member of the Dis boards doesn't and / or won't understand the word, inside joke, message etc., then it is not clearly intended for everyone and does not belong on the board (s) **

*** LINKS TO OTHER SITES:

You are free to post a link to your web site on our discussion boards, provided that a) you are not offering a commercial service or for profit venture, b) you do not repeatedly and excessively post the same link over and over again on the forums within our site, and c) that you place a link back to the DIS on your site in an area easily found. From time to time you might wish to post links to other sites that contain information not found here on the DIS. While we encourage this, we ask that you please make sure the information is not already contained on our site (remember, the boards make up only 10% of our site).

** This includes all personal blogs etc **

***MODERATORS:

For each forum on the DIS, a moderator(s) has been chosen to oversee a particular board. Moderators have the authority to delete or edit posts as needed, based on these guidelines. Moderators act with the full authority of the webmaster, and their decisions on all matters are final.

** this also includes mod bashing, poking fun at the moderators (here on this board or any other board on the Dis), questioning moderators actions, etc;, this also would be questioning a moderator (s) decision about one board on any other Dis board .**

All the moderators do this as a volunteers due to our love of Disney and we are all striving toward the goal of making this the best website about Disney.

Don't be afraid to use GoLynx, the public buses serving Orlando. Using the No. 50 gets you to Seaworld and I-Drive from the Ticket and Transportation Center and Downtown Disney. The No. 111 is a direct bus to the Florida Mall. It's cheap, reliable and punctual, and way cheaper than shuttles or taxis.

I'm wondering if there is a "rule" about when to start a trip report? How far out for a trip are they done normaly? Is 2yrs out too early?? ;)

How do you add the date that you have made your most recent update on to your TR or PTR Title?

Just click on edit on the first post in your PTR. After that, click "Go Advanced" at the bottom and you'll come to another page and you'll see your PTR title in a separate text box and you just write it there :-)

I'm sorry if this sounds stupid. But how do I add a link to my Pre-Trip report in my Signature?

Hi, I've been searching for an answer to this question and cannot seem to find it. I started a trip report for my last vacation but did not finish it. It is now closed (I'm guessing because I didn't update for so long). Is there any way for me to reopen it so I can finish? Thank you!

I'm trying to edit my PTR and I keep trying to add a link to my updates, but I can't seem to get the link to work. I followed the instructions at the top of the page and it seems that a link box pops up and it won't let me edit the name of the link.

TIA

Would a pre-DVC trip report go on this board? I know the DVC trip reports have a separate board and I'm not sure if the PTRs should be here or there for that 'subgenre'

Would a pre-DVC trip report go on this board? I know the DVC trip reports have a separate board and I'm not sure if the PTRs should be here or there for that 'subgenre'

I was just about the ask the EXACT same question! I want to do a pre-trip report for DVC

most people space out their PTR posts.. do i have to do this, or can i write my whole PTR in one sitting?

Whom do I contact about getting my TR moved to the "completed" page?

This may sound like a weird question, but I would love to write a PTR and a Trip Report, but I have no clue how to even start...where can I find these instructions? Thanks!

We have new boards for the Trip Report Board!!

PRE TRIP BOARD: Tickets, Cameras, Sneakers, Ready Set Go

This board will be for your pre trip reports which (Suggested)

Should Contain:

* Who is in your party

* Your travel dates

* Where are you staying

* What Advanced Dining Reservations you have made (if any)

* If you have a set itinerary

* Any special plans, events, etc that you have planned

Your pre trip report should be posted here

Starting today (September 28, 2006) all pre trip reports will be posted here and if necessary moved to this subboard.

You can have 2 options upon returning from your trip

1. You can post your adventures on the pre trip report and we (the moderators) will move it to the main trip report board

OR

2. You can start a new trip report and link your pre trip in your first post

Directions to Set up a Link in your Trip Report

If you want to write your Trip Report in installments, you can show links at the bottom of each thread for your other installments.

After you post installment 2

Click on edit to go back to your post

Once your post opens up you can click on

Insert Hyperlink

the little blue circle with what looks like glasses (this is under the Font Size and Color line

A little box titled

Explorer User Promot will pop up

In the blank box you can type what you want to call your link

example

Day One

type in your text and click on OK

The next box is where you insert the URL from your day 1 installment

(open your day 1 installment, at the top of page 1 of that installment click on the address to high light it and select copy)

Once your link is pasted into the little box Click Ok and your link will show up in your current thread.

TRIP REPORT BOARD: WDW TR's Work in Progess

This will be your trip report

You can post either all in one post

You can post each installment

If you wish you can link your installments

All trip reports are welcome

It is up to YOU how you write your report

Just be careful on how much personal information you share on the internet

COMPLETED TRIP REPORTS: So Sad, Our Trip is Over

After a trip report is completed/finsihed it will be moved to this board.

Once a trip report is completed after 3 weeks

it will be moved to the completed Trip report board for all to enjoy

----

Now for some general comments/thoughts:

You do not need to post to a particular trip report in order to subscribe, you can do that by subscribing to the thread

Subscribing to a particular thread directions:

Open the thread that you want to follow

On Page 1 of the thread in the Blue line above the post (right below the Post Reply button) over on the right hand side there is a box in Dark Blue labeled Thread Tools.

Click on Thread Tools

Click on Subscribe to this Thread

On the next page you can select what type of Notication by email that you want

Click on Add Subscription

You will receive an email everytime anyone posts on the thread that you want to follow.

Please read the Disboards.com Guidelines by clicking here http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm

especially the following ones:

*** NO PROFANITY:

Profanity has no place on these boards. The boards are equipped with censoring software and will not permit messages containing inappropriate language to be posted. Profanity includes attempts to bypass the built in filter that these boards contain to avoid such words. Anyone found trying to bypass the filter will have their posting privileges revoked. Further, profanity includes suggestive or inappropriate photos. This is a family site, and other sites exist that contain more lenient guidelines regarding such matters.

** This includes in trying to get around the word filter - by trying to type the word with *** or any other symbols **

*** NO FIGHTING:

These boards are moderated in an effort to keep the discussions appropriate to the topic at hand. Those who feel they can not abide by these rules are welcome to read the posts on the board, and respond via email to the person who posted the message. Messages that are argumentative or sarcastic in nature will be deleted without discussion.

** This includes calling someone stupid, idoits, trash, or making fun of their trip report writing style **

***NO PERSONAL MESSAGES:

These boards are not for exchanging personal messages with friends. For that, we suggest you use email or our Private Message system. If you have a personal comment for that person, please direct it to them via email or PM. If the use of the boards for personal messages continues, those messages will be deleted. Remember, if the message is not intended for EVERYONE, it does not belong on the boards!

** This includes secret / private code words that are just for a select few Disboard members. If not every member of the Dis boards doesn't and / or won't understand the word, inside joke, message etc., then it is not clearly intended for everyone and does not belong on the board (s) **

*** LINKS TO OTHER SITES:

You are free to post a link to your web site on our discussion boards, provided that a) you are not offering a commercial service or for profit venture, b) you do not repeatedly and excessively post the same link over and over again on the forums within our site, and c) that you place a link back to the DIS on your site in an area easily found. From time to time you might wish to post links to other sites that contain information not found here on the DIS. While we encourage this, we ask that you please make sure the information is not already contained on our site (remember, the boards make up only 10% of our site).

** This includes all personal blogs etc **

***MODERATORS:

For each forum on the DIS, a moderator(s) has been chosen to oversee a particular board. Moderators have the authority to delete or edit posts as needed, based on these guidelines. Moderators act with the full authority of the webmaster, and their decisions on all matters are final.

** this also includes mod bashing, poking fun at the moderators (here on this board or any other board on the Dis), questioning moderators actions, etc;, this also would be questioning a moderator (s) decision about one board on any other Dis board .**

All the moderators do this as a volunteers due to our love of Disney and we are all striving toward the goal of making this the best website about Disney.

Hello - could someone please move my "Foodie Heaven - November 2016" pre-trip report over to the trip report page please?
Thanks

Are there any other moderators for this section besides OhMari? I noticed that moderator hasn't been active since the beginning of November. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!