Pre-Trip Report for 2020 using DLR Flex Pass and DVC

funatdisney

DIS Veteran
Hello all!

I have been going to DLR while using an AP pass for the last 20 years or so. This pass Sept I have let my AP Signature pass lapse. While I still have a desire to go to DLR as often as I can, I have found it very difficult in the last year to actually go. I work two jobs (at first to help with the bills, but now cuz I really enjoy both). It is a challenge to get a day off between them.

I have looked at the DLR Fex pass. I figured I can commit to 10 visits in one year. Although this pass seems to me a good deal, I just couldn’t get pass the $25 parking fee very time I visit. That would add up to $250 for 10 visits/year.

Every December my family of four goes to DLR for a three or four day trip. This year we have a four day trip planned. Since I don’t have an AP, I am going to buy a 2-day hopper pass for this trip. I would like to upgrade that into some sort of AP. I never have to pay for parking since as DVC members, we don’t pay for parking while staying on property.

That last bit of information got me thinking. I have enough to make a two or three day reservations every two months or so. Wait! I don’t have to pay parking when I stay at the VGC. Maybe by making a two to three day bookings every other month on property instead of one day trips would be a good way to get around that parking fee. I have always taken one day trips for most of my past DLR visits. This plan will change the way I experience DLR, and it would be easier for me take the days off from both jobs. That can be daunting in itself. But this plan will give plenty of time to ask for the time off.

So I thought I would post my experiences with my new way of visiting the DLR.

Hope you will join me.

It will take a bit of planning with booking a room and checking the Flex Pass availability. It might just work. So I have decided to commit to the plan. Already have a few reservations made. I am not counting this Dec trip as the 2020 Flex Pass with DVC plan.

Fun! I’ll be interested to see how room availability plays out for you. Sounds like a great year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!