Prefer, Old or New Tiki Room?

BEANTOWNDR7

To Infinity and Beyond
Here I go again feeling nostalgic; My family and I are really partial to the Tiki Room, particularly the one in DL, we have visited that one numerous times but when we eventually visited DW and went to the Tiki Room, Under New Management, we were sort of disappointed. It was nice to see Disney bringing in the popular character birds of recent but Iagu (sic) was a bit naughty (that was what my DD said; she didn't like when he said stupid) during the show. We have gotten use to it but we don't visit it has often as we do DL's when we go there.

We'll set up shop in the visitor area (DL's Tiki), order some Dole pineapple softie and relax. We'll 2-3 times each day but DW's doesn't have that feel.

What does everyone else think? I remember the Tiki room at DW when I was a child being the original, I wish they would go back to it.

I miss the old Tiki Room!! I hate when they change what I think of as classics.. *cough*Tomorrowland Transit Authority*cough*

I could NOT AGREE MORE with everyone on here. OLD hands down is the best. I also went to the under new management last time we were in DW...needless to say its very doubtful that we will waste the time to experience that one again.

I like the old one better. The new one has too much yelling in it. The last two times we went to WDW, we didn't even bother to go into the Tiki Room.

Clearly I am in the minority but I prefer the Under New Management version. Oh well!

I remember before the change, that we were always able to walk right in, with no waiting. And once in, people were getting up and walking out. So, I can see why they decided to make a change. That being said, I prefer the original. I have the original DL track on my MP3 player and hear it almost every day at work.

I can see why they made a change, especially when Michael Eisner was runnign Disney but the original in DL is sooo busy and no one ever leaves the show. The show only lasts 10 mins, I wish they would go back to the original or just tone down Gilbert Gottfried in the new one.

Neither. Disney should move the whole Tiki attraction inside 'It's a Small World', then close Small World.

Bill From PA

Absolutely LOVED the old version. I cannot take the yelling in the Under New Management version. It gives me a headache every time. :scared1:

I like the Old version way better too! They don't even get through the whole Tiki Room song in the new version:sad1:

I liked the old...I no longer ride the new because it gets on my nerves. I just don't understand the need to add characters to classic rides...

No!!! I should have found this thread first! I just got back from DW and was shocked at the new Tiki Room show. We were teased with about 1/3 of the original song before it fell apart in front of my eyes. As soon as I got back to my resort, I had to turn on my iPod and play the entire song so as to not totally ruin my MK trip! :)

Old. I saw UNM once, and it made me want to vomit. I won't be going back.

I just thank my lucky stars that DL still has the original. Even if they WERE to redo it, I pray that it wouldn't involve adding obnoxious Disney characters who do nothing but insult Walt Disney's original show. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I almost think that UNM is as repulsive as it is because it sits there and teases you and makes fun of the original all over the place. Whenever I see it, I feel like the show has been written to actively mock me and anyone else who ever liked Walt's original. Yet, I keep going back for the first twenty seconds of the song and for the experience of being in that classic space all over again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter