Preferred Festival of Fantasy Parade viewing

freshstart19

Mouseketeer
Hello. I have been searching on this site and can't find the answer to what I am sure is a common question. We will be using a FP for BTMR that ends at 2:50 after the parade. We leave on Tuesday so trying to finalize the finer points so I can stop planning and actually pack!

Hello. I have been searching on this site and can't find the answer to what I am sure is a common question. We will be using a FP for BTMR that ends at 2:50 after the parade. We leave on Tuesday so trying to finalize the finer points so I can stop planning and actually pack!

And that question is...?

No question is really SO common, that you don't have to actually ASK it. Happy to help, if I can though.

No question is really SO common, that you don't have to actually ASK it. Happy to help, if I can though.
OOPS! My question was in the thread line. I am looking for a good parade wiewing spot thay will get me to BTMR before our FP expires.

OOPS! My question was in the thread line. I am looking for a good parade wiewing spot thay will get me to BTMR before our FP expires.

I watched it opposite of Country Bear Jamboree. We grabbed ice cream from a nearby stand and enjoyed the parade. You will have plenty of time to walk the short distance for your FP.

Anywhere in Frontierland should be fine.

Your thread title is too vague to guess a question from. My first interpretation was if you were asking about “preferred” viewing, a term usually associated with reserved viewing areas.

How hard is it to leave the park after the parade if watching from Frontierland/Adventureland?
Now that the train is down, is there a walking path to avoid Main st? Or should we just do one or two rides before heading out?

How hard is it to leave the park after the parade if watching from Frontierland/Adventureland?
Now that the train is down, is there a walking path to avoid Main st? Or should we just do one or two rides before heading out?

If you really want to leave right after the parade, your best bet is to either watch it from Peco Bill or right next to the transition between Frontierland and Adventureland, so you can walk in Adventureland, and then cut through the Emporium. You will have to wait to cross Main Street twice though.

All in all, you'd better do a few attractions near your viewing spot.

I was hoping the question you were asking is where the viewing location is if you book the Tony’s dining with reserved parade viewing. We’ve booked it for New Year’s Eve and I’m trying to figure out how many crowds we have to fight to get to the spot. If anyone has that answer, I’d appreciate it.

I was hoping the question you were asking is where the viewing location is if you book the Tony’s dining with reserved parade viewing. We’ve booked it for New Year’s Eve and I’m trying to figure out how many crowds we have to fight to get to the spot. If anyone has that answer, I’d appreciate it.

We did the Tony VIP viewing package during thanksgiving weekend last year. If your want a front view of Main Street (30mins in advance). All other areas you can pretty much arrive 10-15mins.

But where along the route is the reserved viewing? Is it right in front of Tony’s restaurant? That’s what I’m hoping.

But where along the route is the reserved viewing? Is it right in front of Tony’s restaurant? That’s what I’m hoping.
The reserved viewing area is at the flagpole area on Main Street facing the castle. You're actually at the end of the parade at that area, but it's very nice to watch everything come up Main Street with the castle in the back drop.

If you really want to leave right after the parade, your best bet is to either watch it from Peco Bill or right next to the transition between Frontierland and Adventureland, so you can walk in Adventureland, and then cut through the Emporium. You will have to wait to cross Main Street twice though.

All in all, you'd better do a few attractions near your viewing spot.

All of the arrows I've labeled as "Cross Over" will get you from the parade route in Frontierland directly to the (relatively) open walkway of Adventureland,

The reserved viewing area is at the flagpole area on Main Street facing the castle. You're actually at the end of the parade at that area, but it's very nice to watch everything come up Main Street with the castle in the back drop.

MK-Tony's Dining Pkg. Parade Viewing Area (facing East)

MK-Town-Square-DiningPkg-Parade_040317_zpsffj6nf9k.jpg

I should have known Robo would have a map. That’s great. Perfect spot for us on New Year’s. I only need to fight my way into MK as far as Tony’s and the flagpole.

I should have known Robo would have a map. That’s great. Perfect spot for us on New Year’s. I only need to fight my way into MK as far as Tony’s and the flagpole.

I’ll be interested to know how it goes! Planning to do this in February. I’ve been wondering if it’s worth and but haven’t seen much talk about it.

Any experiences about the viewing area?
Is it worth it (compared to Frontierland viewing)?
I am hesitating between CP and this, my kids are not really into Winnie the Pooh and we have a few other character meals planned, so this may be different?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!