Pregnant and Disney World??

akline

Mouseketeer
Hi All .. I will be 6.5 months pregnant durning our May Disney World stay. Any pointers on how to see the parks in a new light (meaning no Space Mountain or Tower or Terror!!)? We will also be traveling with our 6 year old daughter who has never been. Any pointers would be appreciated! Thank you!

HI .. new here but can help you alittle. i was about 6 mths when we went the last time.
the thing i regret is not getting a wheel chair. i started preterm labor while we were there. so i highly recomend taking the days easy. they told me at AK that i could go on the safari truck thing but it was REAL bumpy and that it was but being from NY so aren't our roads.lol
MK is not so bad being prego besides what you listed.. sorry if not much of a help but i tried..
Buffy:p

Congratulations!! I too am going to be 6 months pg when we go to WDW in 27n days (But who's counting?!). Of course you aren't going to go on any crazy rides, let your dh accompany your 6 yr old on those, but there are so many things you will enjoy just by watching her!!! Please remember DRINK DRINK DRINK!!!! When you think you cannot possibly drink another glass of water drink more! I will let you know how things go when I get back, but I am a paranoid NICU nurse, so I know I will be taking it easy (as easy as one can take it with a 3 1/2 yr old and a 19 month old! Feel good!

Thank you for the replies.

I will be waiting to hear how your goes next month!

I went to WDW twice during both of my pregnancies; 1st trimester, and beginning of 3rd trimester each time. I had more problems with tiredness and general "discomfort" during my first trimester both times. We stayed on site, and I just rested back in the room each afternoon. The first time, 18 years ago, was harder because the parks didn't have many healthy food choices; the second time , 8 years ago, was much easier. I was so happy I made the trip! As soon as I got back, I was put on bedrest for complications! (not related to travel) I would be hesitant to go later in my pregnancy, however. 6 months seemed to be the perfect time for me...no morning sickness, not too tired, not too "big", and not too close to delivery! :)

I went when I was 7 months pregnant. We went at the end of August into the first week of September. It was extremely hot and humid. My doctor said to keep a bottle of water in my hand and DRINK, DRINK, DRINK!!! We have gone many times, so we took this opportunity to enjoy our last few months as a couple. Enjoy air-conditioned restaurants and the pool. I found that swimming or floating in the pool was the best! Take your time and when your body tells you to stop, STOP! One night, we had to take a taxi from Beaches-n-Creme to POR b/c I just couldn't walk through Epcot to the buses. It was worth the $$. As long as you are feeling good and your doctor says it is okay, go for it.

As far as the Safari ride at AK, I went on it b/c I had been on it before and knew how bumpy it would be. But, there are warnings for pregnant women to avoid the ride.

Ive been to Disney with both pregnancies, right around 6 months along. The hardest thing for me was having to stop like every 5 mintues(or so it seemed)to use the restroom. The Dr recommended to break up the day, do the park for a few hrs, go back to the hotel to rest, or go float around the pool. That really seemed to help that break in the middle of the day,and yes make sure you drink....I had just as much fun there pregnant as when Igo when I havent been pregnant....Now I wasnt high risk or anything so I didnt have any physical problems before going.

I went last Feb.when I was 5 months pregnant and i'm glad I went! My 5 year old DD went on most of the rides with my DH but i did go on the Jungle Cruise pirates of the Carabean, Dumbo, Buzz Lightyear and enjoyed the shows. It was fun just sitting and watching families as I waited for mine to get off the rides and to see my DD's excited face when she descibed to me whatever ride she just came off of. You will be surprised at how many bathrooms there are at all the parks. I think I visited every one!:p Take it slow and enjoy the time you spen with your family. It will be a great memory. :D

DW went on the Safari while prego (3 mo. I think) and she said she wouldn't worry about it unless you are in danger of triggering labor.

Jason

Hi, I went to WDW one year ago when I was 32 weeks pregnant. The trip was planned last mintue and I was concerned about a number of things. We thought about renting a wheel chair, but didn't need to. It was really nice to know that we could at anytime if needed.

I thought I was the only crazy women who would go to WDW so pregnant, but I saw many others. (you can tell by the "walk":) )

The weather was poor, cloudy and cold, but I think that helped. I had no problems with my feet swelling up. Buy many of my friends did when taking a trip to a warm place. I rode all the rides expect the roller costers and the like. No problems. Just go with what ever you feel comfortable doing, and take breaks when you feel you need it.

Have a good trip, 6 months is the perfect time for it. I was pushing it at 32 weeks (BTW my daugher came right on her due date, 8 weeks after coming home from WDW!!!!!)

Have a great trip and congradulations!!!!!!!

I am usually the photographer, so there are very few pictures of me. The ONLY pictures of a pregnant me is at WDW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter