Preventing Blisters Tip?

Originally posted by peek
Any recommendations on type of deodarant or all work about the same? I've heard deodarant recommended so much and it makes sense!

Since I've not tried this theory, I can't recommend a brand, but I imagine you need to examine anti-perspirant, and not deodorant. Deodorant just kills the small.... anti-p will block the pores and prevent sweating.

-Joe (who is avoiding work today....)

The first time that I heard about the antiperspirant for the feet, was from my boyfriend who said that when he was in the USMC thats what they did , and it worked. I tried it, but prefer "sports" socks that are made to help prevent blisters! Good luck!:)

I got blisters on my feet for the first time on a trip to WDW this past December. I wore the exact same walking sneakers & socks I wore during the summer when I went to DL (no blisters in the summer). I tried to use moleskin on places that felt tender & when I took it off at the end of the day it took park of my skin with it. I had a hole in my foot! I'll never use moleskin again & don't recommend it to anyone. By the way when I took the moleskin off my foot was perfectly dry.

I don't know yet what I'll do with my feet on my trip to WDW in May. Maybe I'll buy a good pair of sandals.

Geri

I don't recommend the anti persperent on the feet. I tried this and my ankles swelled up. Since my feet were inhibited to "sweat", I retained so much water. Plus, they were itchy for days. For some it may work, but it did not for me. I would say try this with caution. I almost would have perferred the blisters to the itchness and swolleness. Just my .02 worth! :)

Just came back from another trip yesterday and I used the deodorant again, and had no problems and no blisters. Worked great for me, as it does for many, many people.

My DGD and I used Aarid Xtra Dry CREAM antipersperant on our feet last April and we didn't get blisters...........umm, except for the day we forgot to put it on before we'd put our shoes on. We got blisters that day.

When we went to WDW, I just knew that I wouldn't get blisters, HA! However, I had followed the advice on this website and took moleskin with me. It was wonderful. The second day, I had a red spot on the botton of two toes. I put a piece of moleskin on it and never had another problem with it. Another good hint also, take two pair of shoes. I had heard not to walk around with sandles on, but took some anyway. Was I glad I did. I alternated wearing them with my tennis shoes and my feet were positively happy. Just be careful that any pair of shoes you take with you are already broken in well. I buy my kids new tennis shoes about six weeks before we go and let them wear them everywhere. New shoes at WDW is a definite No No!

2002 - Polynesian

The label on Thorlos tells you to buy your sneakers AFTER you buy your socks, and to wear the socks while getting the sneakers fitted. The reason is that they have very thickly padded soles, and you will need more room in your shoes than normal.

BTW; Marshall's stores often have Thorlos for ~$3/pr. I've never paid full price for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter