Priceline Bids/results

Just won a bid for $55 ++ for this Saturday night (January 12). Tried going way low (started at $35 and moved up) but didn''t hit anything.

I just needed one night before we go to our condo for the week.

Holiday Inn Express on Polynesian Isles Blvd.

$33 bid
$11.50 taxes

$44.50 total

Dawn

Am I looking to soon to try price line for June? I need a room for 5 nights June 11 to 16 a wed to monday. I'd like a decent place but want to spend $50 or less. Any suggestions here. I have never used PL so type slow so I can understand. :goodvibes

Thanks, YO

Just got the Radisson Worldgate for $50 for next weekend (Jan 25,26). It's a completely last minute trip and I am so excited!

Got the Best Western LBV from 2/4-2/8 at $65 a night on Hotwire.

I know this is a Priceline thread, but just thought I would share, mods feel free to move or delete if need be

I got the 3* Marriott Orlando Airport on Augusta National Drive for March 20th with a $56 bid. Total with taxes and fees was $70.83.

Best rate I could find at the Marriott website for this hotel was $209!

Bid on 2 1/2 star in the WDW area for Spring Break (March) and won the Lexington Orlando Sun Resort. Bid $51 for 7 nights and total with taxes and service fee was a little of $415. Checked the hotel website and the cheapest room was $100 per night. So the old save up to 50% by using Priceline worked here. Hotel looks OK, but as long as it is clean and the AC works we'll be happy because we only need a place to crash afterspending the day at the parks.

Just got the 3* Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport with a $56 bid for 1/31.

Got the Best Western LBV from 2/4-2/8 at $65 a night on Hotwire.

I know this is a Priceline thread, but just thought I would share, mods feel free to move or delete if need be

thats a good hotel. We stayed there in May 07 and really liked it. We paid $43 a night through priceline, then upgraded to an Epcot view for $10 a night more. With that view, we could sit on our 12th floor balconey and watch Epcot & MK fireworks. I would gladly stay there again.

Also a Hotwire find:

I got the Extended Stay Deluxe LBV on Palm Pkwy for $32/night for 2 nights on Mother's Day weekend. This is an all-suite hotel just 2 miles away from DTD that features a free breakfast as well as a pool, exercise room, business center, full kitchens in rooms, and shuttle to the parks.

I'm also a 1st time Priceline bidder. So, I have a question or two... if ya don't mind.

My DH and I are looking for a resort in the Orlando area for this May 16-19. When I've searched for listed properties, it only lists: Gaylord, WDW Swan, & Hilton (in DWV) and JW Marriott Grand Lakes, Marriott Orlando Wolrd Center, & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress (in Universal Studio/SeaWorld).

Question 1: Any suggestion on starting price? (dates are Fri-Sun)

Question 2: What are the chances that I'm going to get stuck with something other than those 3 resorts if I bid on Resort in Universal Studio/SeaWorld area?

Basically, we don't really want the Swan or Hilton, so we are staying away from DWV... but, I would feel better knowing that I will at least probably get one of those listed 3 in the US/SW area... all of which I would be very happy with.

Question 3: Has anyone had similar circumstances (resorts A, B, & C coming up as available) and getting resort D, E, or F?

Question 4: Anyone gotten a bad resort through Priceline???

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

~Megan

so worried! i bid on priceline and got the sheraton safari hotel. I have read bad reviews!

This is how I bid:
DWV
Resorts
$60
then came back make another choice so I had to choose
3*
$70
And I got Sheraton Safari!

Hope this helps someone!

We stayed one night at Sheraton Safari in Aug 2006. We really liked it.

This isn't the MCO Marriot but it's within 2 miles. Shuttle symbol does not appear on the amenities under the priceline win page but the hotel's own web page says it has 24 hour shuttle. I hope so as we have 9 people arriving at 11 pm!

This is for cakesnjammom and anyone else new to Priceline. One of the ways to stay in any one star level is to use something called "free rebids." For example, if I am bidding on a resort level hotel in the Disney World Zone, I will put in a bid at $60 (which is often where the Hilton will hit), and if that doesn't work I increase my bid by 5 or $10, and add in an area that DOESN'T have any resorts like West Disney. That way you stay bidding on only the zone that you want at the star level you want, and can increase the number of times you bid. If I add Universal that does have a Resort, and now I could get a hotel in either Disney or Universal. Be sure to look at the hotels list on www.biddingfortravel.com or www.betterbidding.com and that will help you choose the zones for rebids without changing the star level.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!