Priceline Bids/results

Update for my $82/nt rate at Hilton Bonnet Creek--when we arrived on Tuesday, they informed us that we had received a complimentary upgrade to the Waldorf! We had a GREAT stay! :)
Wow. Just wow. You ALREADY had a fantastic deal going in. What you paid to stay in the WA was around the usual price differential between the WA and the Hilton. Well. Done.

Had $20 off hotmail email coupon for hotels over $100. This week I was happy to book our first visit ever to the Dolphin:banana:for $91 on Saturday, April 28th

At check out was offered opportunity to book both day prior & later for same rate, had to pass as we have other plans.

Naturally, taxes & fees will bump it up but all said will be in range of $150 which comes out $70 less than best discounted rate I could find for any of the all star resorts the same date!!!

I use hotwire & priceline often for a day here & there each trip, usually the first night to try & snag the Hyatt Regency attached to the airport. So nice to walk over for an early am flight. Will say I have far more success with Hotwire.

Last edited:
Had $20 off hotmail email coupon for hotels over $100. This week I was happy to book our first visit ever to the Dolphin:banana:for $91 on Saturday, April 28th

At check out was offered opportunity to book both day prior & later for same rate, had to pass as we have other plans.

Naturally, taxes & fees will bump it up but all said will be in range of $150 which comes out $70 less than best discounted rate I could find for any of the all star resorts the same date!!!

I use hotwire & priceline often for a day here & there each trip, usually the first night to try & snag the Hyatt Regency attached to the airport. So nice to walk over for an early am flight. Will say I have far more success with Hotwire.
Congratulations! The Swolphin is very nice. You'll have to check out the Swan and Dolphin thread :).

Was that as a hotwire hot rate without knowing the room or did you pick it? What do you look for to get the hotel at the airport?

Well done! Didn't even think about Hotwire/Priceline to book the MCO Hyatt. Fantastic property.

Thanks, guys. I believe the upgrade was by Hilton--when I checked in, she said "we've given you a complimentary upgrade." The two hotels are basically right next to one another, connected by a convention center.

Was that as a hotwire hot rate without knowing the room or did you pick it? What do you look for to get the hotel at the airport?

A hot rate. I looked for recent wins on better bidding for month or so around my dates. saw it came up recently. Never noticed anything in the past for my dates that was close. I have gotten both the Wyndham @ Bonnet Creek & the condos there in the past but always for a short stay, not more than 3 nights.

I then looked @ better bidding’s hotel list for bonnet creek. You can clicke thru their direct link and see far more amenities than pop up on the standard hotwire page.

Lastly, i matched up the resort fee with list i googled.

Well done! Didn't even think about Hotwire/Priceline to book the MCO Hyatt. Fantastic property.

Unfortunately, i’ve not seen the MCO property. My home airport, PIT, has one too, it’s the one I can usually secure.

So this isn't Priceline, but it's Hotwire. I booked a HotDeal at $70/night, 4* Bonham Creek for 9/15-9/22. It ended up being the Walt Disney World Dolphin!! I'm sooooo excited!!

Wow what a great price. I am surprised you got that deal so far out. I found the best deals are usually closer to the date. So if I am looking to score something similar I need to look for 4 Star in Bonham Creek Area and not Disney Springs?

Wow what a great price. I am surprised you got that deal so far out. I found the best deals are usually closer to the date. So if I am looking to score something similar I need to look for 4 Star in Bonham Creek Area and not Disney Springs?
Yes if you want Swan/Dolphin, look for Bonnet Creek area. I usually check both areas since I like some of the Disney Springs hotels too.

I'm surprised too! I've been checking pretty often and last week there weren't deals that good at all. So keep checking!

Last edited:
So this isn't Priceline, but it's Hotwire. I booked a HotDeal at $70/night, 4* Bonnet Creek for 9/15-9/22. It ended up being the Walt Disney World Dolphin!! I'm sooooo excited!!

Do you remember if the amenities listed Pets Allowed? I saw an express deal (priceline not hotwire) last night - 3 nights with a mandatory fee of 94.50 (so 31.50 a night) but listed pets allowed and I didn't think they allowed dog (except service ones). Better Bidding said it was Wyndham Bonnet Creek but they have a 25.00 resort fee not 31.50 so I am confused.

Do you remember if the amenities listed Pets Allowed? I saw an express deal (priceline not hotwire) last night - 3 nights with a mandatory fee of 94.50 (so 31.50 a night) but listed pets allowed and I didn't think they allowed dog (except service ones). Better Bidding said it was Wyndham Bonnet Creek but they have a 25.00 resort fee not 31.50 so I am confused.
No mine didn’t say pets allowed. The resort fee isn’t best to go off of. It’s probably the Wyndham

No mine didn’t say pets allowed. The resort fee isn’t best to go off of. It’s probably the Wyndham
Ok thanks though someone in post 722 here in this thread said that it would list pet friendly on both Hotwire and Priceline opaque listings but sounds like that isn't true. I am so confused about the resort fees - many people here said that was a give away for the Swan/Dolphin. I won't go for this deal, I don't want the Wydham Bonnet Creek especialy for 119 a night.

Thanks again for alerting me to resort fees not being a good way to pin down a hotel. I was confused by this since I had read that is how many people conclude a Swalphin hotel, so I did some digging and am posting the below in case it helps out anyone else.

Better Bidding explains why resort fees aren't a good way to figure out a hotel:

"Regarding the Resort Fees when bidding on PRICELINE...

The resort fee shown (if any) is the hotel in the zone of the star rating you're bidding with the highest resort fee, so PRICELINE is basically showing you a 'worst case scenario'... the hotel you ultimately win may charge no resort fee at all (at which point there would be no resort fee to directly pay the hotel), the resort fee could be less (in which case you pay the lesser amount directly to the hotel), or it could be the amount shown (but never more)."

Thanks again for alerting me to resort fees not being a good way to pin down a hotel. I was confused by this since I had read that is how many people conclude a Swalphin hotel, so I did some digging and am posting the below in case it helps out anyone else.

Better Bidding explains why resort fees aren't a good way to figure out a hotel:

"Regarding the Resort Fees when bidding on PRICELINE...

The resort fee shown (if any) is the hotel in the zone of the star rating you're bidding with the highest resort fee, so PRICELINE is basically showing you a 'worst case scenario'... the hotel you ultimately win may charge no resort fee at all (at which point there would be no resort fee to directly pay the hotel), the resort fee could be less (in which case you pay the lesser amount directly to the hotel), or it could be the amount shown (but never more)."

Thanks for sharing the info! As this states, "when bidding", curious if the same applies to the hot rate/express deals as well? I would think that those properties show the actual resort rate.

Update for my $82/nt rate at Hilton Bonnet Creek--when we arrived on Tuesday, they informed us that we had received a complimentary upgrade to the Waldorf! We had a GREAT stay! :)

WOW, that is a win! :dancer:

I am unfamiliar with those two hotels but are they on the same property?

They are not on Disney property but adjacent to it on a large parcel called Bonnet Creek that is being subdivided. Hilton and Waldorf are both Hilton resorts on the same parcel side by side. To get to them you have to drive on to Disney property (the land is boxed in by Disney and highways).

The property includes ...
- Wyndham Bonnet Creek ... Resort (Timeshare/condo) and Grand Hotel which share amenities
- Hilton and Waldorf Astoria Hotels which share amenities
- Golf Course
- Currently building a Marriott Hotel
- Land to expand

These are two hotels with conference area in middle. Hilton to left, Waldorf to right.

bonnet-creek-resort-1.jpg

5_Stat_1_15_18_1.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!