Priceline Bids/results

kilee

DIS Veteran
We'll use this thread for research and information purposes.

Remember that bids accepted by Priceline are not able to be cancelled. Also, remember that priceline only guarantee's you 1 bed. Most people have had luck getting 2 beds in the WDW area.....BUT it's no guarantee.

Also, remember you can bid the same exact specs as 3 other people and not get the property they got. There are no guarantee's w/ Priceline.

The biggest thing is do your homework on what you might get. What would be a good price for what * level and zone you're bidding.

You can of course monitor what others are getting here on this thread and other boards. It's a good tool to research what you may get.

That being said~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When posting a winning or declined bid be sure to inculde as much detail as possible.

Remember to post what dates of travel you are looking to book. What level room you bid on and what zone. Also what price.

First time ever using Priceline & I am completely satisfied!!

1 night stay--9/16.

Here's how I bid:
DWV
Resort
1 room
Bid accepted at $60.00

I got the Hilton in DTD for $60 plus $15 taxes; total of $75.00 for the 1 night.

I will add, I didn't care which resort I got, I wouldn't suggest using Priceline if you have your mind set on one specific place, it is a gamble & I am extremely pleased!!!

The Swan and Dolphin haven't come up on Priceline for years. All stars only came up on Priceline once, for a short period of time. Potential bidders who did a search shouldn't expect those hotels.

Guests bidding on lower * properties should remember PL fees, a possible resort fee and a possible fee to use park shuttles may offset whatever discount you get. Guests who book conventionally may ensure they'll get a newer property and/or a property with a free breakfast. Take that into account when deciding how much to bid.

I have a question regarding Priceline. In order for me to get a hotel naming my price, does this hotel have to show availability through Priceline if I book the conventional way? Like for instance, if I was hoping for the Hilton, does this hotel have to show up in Priceline regular booking listings for a specific date, so that I have a real chance to get it? If it does not appear in the list, does this means I'm never going to get it for that particular date no matter how much I bid, or do I still have a chance?

:confused:

A hotel that doesn't show any availability on the hotel's website is unlikely to have inventory on PL. Actually places like BFT base their bidding suggestions on the lowest available rates. Hotels that are only showing expensive rooms on their website generally have no reason to release inventory to PL. No guarantees occasionally a hotel will show as sold out but still have a couple of rooms on PL. Sometimes the hotel has small "PL rooms" that they don't normally rent conventionally.

I haven't used PL in a few years. I think the magic number used to be $199, if the Hilton didn't show availability at that price, or below, PL generally didn't have any inventory.

Everything is subject to change and risk but generally the Hilton is the only participating hotel that comes up between $60-$80 (or so). A low bid will generally either give you the Hilton or nothing.

I have a question regarding Priceline. In order for me to get a hotel naming my price, does this hotel have to show availability through Priceline if I book the conventional way? Like for instance, if I was hoping for the Hilton, does this hotel have to show up in Priceline regular booking listings for a specific date, so that I have a real chance to get it? If it does not appear in the list, does this means I'm never going to get it for that particular date no matter how much I bid, or do I still have a chance?

Had to spend a bit more for this first night of NE Feb vacation. We're heading to Canaveral for a cruise the next am so this is fine.

Bid unsuccessfully for 2 1/2 * yesterday, decided to focus on 3* today. Began at $50 and increased with $4 rebids for Kissimmee, Sand Lake, Orlando East, West Disney, and finally hit at $66 and Winter Park.
MCO Marriott
Price: $66.00
Extend Your Stay
Number of Rooms: 1
Number of Nights: 1
Subtotal: $66.00
Taxes & Service Fees:
$16.25
Total Charges*: $82.25

This is what I posted last year on biddingfortravel. Thought it might be helpful for folks looking for accomodations this coming February. This was also the weekend of the Daytona 500.

At the last minute my son had to use some vacation time and settled on a Universal vacation in Feb 2007. He stayed with us after we returned from a cruise on the Magic for one night -- that's why there's a gap in the reservations. He RAVED about the Embassy Suites and their manager's reception in early evening. He says it's the only place he want to stay in Orlando now. (But I think he'll smooze DVC when he can ;)).

2* Days Inn at Universal 2/22-24/07 $43
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Had some trouble getting a hotel for these dates for my son's impromptu trip to Orlando. No luck with 3* or 2 1/2 * bidding up to $55.

With taxes and fees it comes to $105.05

3* Embassy Suites Int'l Dr 2/25-27/07 $ 52
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comes to $185.08 with taxes and fees for these 3 nights. It should be a nice way for my son to end his quick Orlando vacation

Hope that helps. I love to use Priceline, especially for airport stays at trip's beginning or end.

I also got the Raddison Worldgate with a $50 bid from October 11-15. I checked their website (since I've read that your not guaranteed a specific room type---- we are a family of 4) and we lucked out. They have 1 king, 1 queen, 2 dbl and some suites. I figured they wouldn't give me a suite for $50 a night (ok, I should have asked them about it, but I didn't) so I asked for the room with the double beds. They said no problem and said there wasn't an extra charge for it (could be that it's one of the cheaper rooms anyway). I think I may call back and see what other rooms I could get for a small fee/or equivalent.

Cara

I'd like to bid on a 3 star in the Universal 'area'...but I'm afraid of getting the Wyndham resort that they list at 3 stars. Anyone have any recent experience with priceline in just the US area?

I also got the Radisson Worldgate, I'm getting worried because it got some real bad reviews on tripadvisor.com. Would those of you who stay there soon please post a review when you get back? I hope I didn't make a terrible mistake. :scared1:

Got the Buena Vista Palace for 10/20 for $85 plus resort fees. Total is $103.

I use Priceline once a year. Booked 2 days in September for a 3*. Got the Sheraton Safari at $40 a night (9/15 & 16).

Have also stayed at WorldGate, Radisson Celebration, Best Western DTD, and Grosevnor (now Resort Sun). Probably liked Best Western the best, but we upgraded to an EPCOT view. All are ok if you are expecting a place to bed down. Radisson probably had the best amenities. We have stayed twice at Worldgate. Once was fabulous, the other was ok and acceptable. Especially for the price we paid. If we had paid $120, then we would not have been happy.

Bid $35 for 2 1/2 * MCO and won the Amerisuites Orlando Airport for Wednesday 9/26/07. We were happy as I love the breakfast here -- includes sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, sausage, boiled eggs, and lots of fruit, juices, and make your own waffles. I called and was assigned a king bed room, but they also have rooms with double beds.

We're coming down for Feb vacation, and will stay at OKW Sunday to Thursday night, so needed somewhere for Saturday night. DH wanted to just relax at a resort so I bid resort level only working up from $65 with the free rebid zones. We hit at $135. Since Pop is going for $134 that weekend, and the internet price is $259, I feel like we did very well. Now if the weather cooperates, you'll find us floating around the lazy river! :cheer2:

I just got $40 ($52 with tax) for the airport Amerisuites for 11/17-11/18 and 11/23-11/24, the nights we arrive and before we leave, since we have a later flight getting in and are planning to drive to Crystal River the next day and then are coming from Tallahassee before we go home, but have an 8:30 am flight out. We were able to get both nights for what I had originally booked 1 night for.

I have used Priceline several times (Not for Disney however). I have gotten hotels and resorts NOT listed in Priceline's regular inventory. Hope that helps!

We booked on priceline for the week after Christmas. We got the Gaylord Palms, for 95, which is what I was hoping for...but, it was not on pricelines list of available hotels for that time period. I did not think we would get it, so I was pleasantly surprised. check out www.biddingfortravel.com for answers to a ton of priceline questions. It was very helpful for us.

I just got Gaylord Palms for $108/night plus taxes and fees. I needed 2 nights, March 7th and 8th. First bid was $86 but wasn't accepted. I rebid until $108 and got Gaylord Palms. Total with taxes was $250ish. Resort fees and parking will be another $22/day with the total coming to $300 give or take a few $'s. I think I did alright for peak season considering a value is $135/night + taxes.

OK, I have used priceline for stays of one or two nights (not wdw) but never anything longer. Any chance of getting 7 nights or should I break it into groupings of two or three nights and hope for the best? I'd really like to not have to move in the middle of our trip if possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!