Primark King of Prussia

wtpfan

Mouseketeer
Hoping someone from that area can help...
Hubby and I are planning a little getaway to the Lancaster area for a couple days. We are from Ontario. I wonder if it's worth travelling a little further to go to the Primark store at King of Prussia? I don't want to go and be disappointed. I hear about all the cool Disney stuff at the uk stores but does this store have a lot of Disney stuff too?
Thanks for any info you can provide...

I had no idea about Primark but I've been to Lancaster many, many times. There is plenty of shopping with outlets and Tanger has a new section opening depending when you will be there. There is a Disney outlet at the Rockvale outlets. And if you want a mall, Park City is pretty nice.

I've never been, I actually wasn't aware there was one in KoP. It's new-ish to the area (coming up on 2 years for the KoP location) so you can find some recent local magazine articles with pictures. Also looks like there's some reviews on Google+ and the like. http://www.phillymag.com/shoppist/2015/11/24/inside-primark-king-of-prussia/

Personally, unless you wanted to shop more high end places which is most of the King of Prussia Mall, I don't think it'll be worth the hour drive. You'll probably be able to find all the same stuff in Lancaster. But maybe someone who's actually been inside can help you out.

I only wanted to go to Primark for the Disney stuff lol. It's the closest Primark to where we are going.
Thanks for the replies :surfweb:

I've been to the store a couple times. I don't recall any Disney stuff, but I wasn't specifically looking for it.

Dd went to one that is about 30 minutes away and everything she bought is really junk quality. I didn't tell her that, she was so excited to spend only $X amount and all I kept thinking was- you get what you pay for.
I don't know if they had any Disney stuff, I'm sure she would have mentioned it if she saw it LOL.

I don't see it as worth the time or trouble for 2 reasons- traffic from Lancaster and the store has cheap (junk) merchandise

Last time I was there, the only adult-sized Disney items I saw were pajamas; I lucked out and got an Ariel sleep shirt for $3. Other than that, all Disney was for children....super cute though. Unless you're really looking to spend a day at KOP and all it offers (which is a lot, to be fair), I can't say it's worth the drive.

The one Disney Store outlet in Lancaster sometimes has parks merchandise; it's almost entirely limited to Disneyland but still fun to take a look. :)

I was at the KOP Primark store about a week ago. There is limited adult Disney merchandise left. They had a Beauty and the Beast promotion about a month ago but the only thing I saw was the Chip t-shirt. There is a better selection in the kids with a decent amount of Marvel items for boys. The promotion right now is Harry Potter with t-shirts and sweatshirts and a lot of items in the sleepwear.
The products are low quality and run small. My DD normally wears a size 6 and she has to buy size 12 in the t-shirts. You can find some good deals in the beauty and accessories departments. Sunglasses are $2-3, beauty tools $1-4 and cosmetic bags $2-8. I bought the best cosmetic bag I have ever owned there for $8. It is waterproof and holds everything I need for vacation.

I saw this too late! I was in the store yesterday, not specifically looking for Disney. They did have some Disney clothes in the kids area (I was primarily looking for kids stuff) but I wouldn't say it was fabulous. I didn't happen to notice any Disney in the women's department.

I can probably stop by their next week, if you want me to scout something specifically. Just message me and let me know.

With regards to the junk comments... I have previously bought from there a girls outfit which has held up fine, kids sunglasses (the same plastic junk you would get anywhere), and a water bottle (which I use all the time at work, but can't go in the dishwasher). I paid very little for those items, so I am satisfied with my purchases. I got some more kids clothes yesterday ... my kids grow constantly so I don't need them to last more than one season generally. I wear clothes for years so I probably wouldn't get myself anything, although I am trying out a pair of flats I bought for $5!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter