Prince&princess PJ (better late than never!)

prince&princess

Mouseketeer
Hi all. I know it's a little late (as our wedding is in less than 4 months!) but I've actually got a bit of time to start a PJ.

A bit of background.
I'm Jodie 27. I went to Orlando with my family twice when I was younger and was instantly hooked. Disney is just the most amazing magical place in the world! I met Daniel 24 (yes I have a toyboy) in 1995 when he became best friends with my brother David at school. I remember him being really cheeky but cute with it! He became really close with all my family and ended up also being best friends with my younger brother Lawrence. He was 5 years younger but they were so alike and they just clicked. I always liked Daniel and over the years it became more than just as good friends. He always (I thought) just saw me as the blonde, big chested older sister of his best friends! In 2001 Lawrence died aged 12 both Daniel and David were with him at the time. After that Daniel practically lived at our house and we got closer and my feelings for him got stronger. Daniel had a pretty tough couple of years then as he also lost his mum just before xmas 2003. I just assumed that we would never be any more than just good friends but in 2004 I decided I had to try or I would regret it. We had a joint birthday party planned for me and David in august and the night before the 3 of us went to a local club as a pre celebration. Daniel really didn't want to go but I talked him round and after greeting him at his door with a big hug I spent the whole night flirting he didn't seem at all interested and when I got home he texted he might not come to the party. I simply text back something along the lines of "please I really want you there I love you" a risk but hey. He did come to the party and we spent most of the night together but it was just as normal, as friends. The next 12 hours we text and talked on the phone. I asked him why I couldn't get anyone like him and over them few hours (I can't even remember exactly how it happenned) we discovered we had both liked eachother for ages and decided to give "us" a go! He hadn't even realised I liked him until I text that I loved him the day before. We didn't tell anyone for around 6 weeks as Daniel did not want to ruin his friendship with David and wasn't sure how he would take it. As I thought when we told him he was over the moon for us. Everyone although they were suprised were so pleased. Xmas eve that year Daniel proposed. I have never seen him so nervous, he actually dropped the ring before he managed to get it on my finger! I found out after he had gone to my Dad before and asked his permission, how sweet! Dad was really impressed with that. In september 2005 I talked Daniel into taking his first trip to Disney. After a slight hiccup at the airport when we arrived, a smudged fingerprint at customs meant he was detained for nearly 4 hours oops!, he was fuming and vowed he would never come back. I knew the only thing to solve this was to head straight to MK the next day. I was right and from the second he saw the castle he was as hooked as I was. We decided on that trip we would get married in the Wedding Pavilion it was just perfect for us. We had another trip there in june 2006 and have been DLC and DLP a few times since, we are definately Disney freaks and not just the parks all things Disney!
WOW I didn't mean to give you our life stories, sorry!

Next our wedding plans (I'll try not to be so longwinded!)

There's no such thing as too late! It's helpful even after the fact! And it's fun to read!

Hi!!!!! I look forward to reading more :)

First stages of planning and all floral.

We started planning around june last year. I made the first call to Disney to pencil us in for September 22nd this year. We were assigned Bill for our first stages of planning. Bill is fantastic just what you would expect from someone at Disney. We had wanted GF for our reception but as that couldn't be booked a year out we decided on the Sonoma room at CG. On the day of our 1 year mark after a few hours of nervously waiting with every possible parts of our bodies crossed (due to the 5 hour time difference) Bill called and congratulated us on getting our date, time and location. It was set monday september 22nd at 12o'clock we were getting married at Disneys Wedding Pavilion! We were so excited.
Our WP was assigned we got Karen Heyn, she is so lovely! We couldn't wait to start making real plans. Luckily (well I think so but Daniel finds it annoying) I am obsessed with having everything planned and spend half my life writing lists and notes so with the help of all you girls (and guys) on here I had pretty much planned everything well before our planning session (well, our initial call actually!).

Who's going

There are 15 of us going in total:
Deb, my Mum
Bill, my Dad
David, my Brother and Daniels Best man
Bren, my aunt
Chris, my uncle
Mark, Daniels Dad
Julie, Daniels step-Mum
Callum, Daniels Brother (16)
Michael, Daniels Brother (13)
Trevor, Daniels Grandad
Pat, Trevors partner
Debs, a family friend
Richard, a family friend
And of course US!

Change of reception venue

The first thing I did at our 8 month mark was change our reception venue to the Whitehall room and patio. We were so pleased we got this, it was exactly what we planned now.

Floral

Our first planning session call was on feb 5th with Laura from floral (again so lovely we are so lucky to be working with such great people). Unfortunately we wasn't able to fly over for a planning session as Daniel couldn't get the time off work. We had decided our colours would be white and baby blue.

First we sorted my bouquet. I had already emailed a picture to Laura.

bouquet2.jpg

I asked for this with the addition of some white calla lillies, a few light blue flowers (delphiniums) and some light blue crystal mickeys.

Ceremony

Daniel is having a white calla lily with a light blue crystal mickey. My dad, David and Daniels dad and brothers are having a white rose with light blue delphinium acccent. The other men are having just a white rose. All the ladies are having a white rose pin corsage and my mum is having a white rose and light blue delphinium wrist corsage.
We are having white rose petals and light blue hydranga petals scattered all over the aisle. Also at the we are having an altar arrangement with all the same flowers as my bouquet. Next to the first rows we are having columns with white skirting and baby blue sash and on top of each a bubble bowl with an arrangement with the same flowers again. The first seat on each of the first rows will have a single red rose and a photo. On my side Lawrence and on Daniels his mum Julie. For our staged exit were having white vellum cones with light blue writing and light blue ribbon filled with white and light blue petals.

Reception

All our arrangements are being moved to our reception and used as our centrepieces. The large arrangement in the middle of a roman table and the bubble bowls at either end. We are having white and baby blue petals scattered on the table, heavily in the middle and lightly around the edge. We are having 6 groups of 3 church candles ( 4",6" and 9") in vases (6",9" and 10.5") and 15 votive candles on the table. Also Laura suggested acrylic ice so we are having that scattered on the table too. The cake table is also being scattered with petals and acrylic as well as having 2 groups of the candles 1 on either side. The roman table is having white linen covers with ice blue organza overlays. The chairs are having the same, white covers with ice blue organza sashes. We are having 2 memorial chairs with the same covers at the side of the room with the photos and roses from the ceremony. Our napkins will be ice blue tied with sheer white ribbons. Just inside the entrance doors on either side we are having a balloon cluster each with 12 white and light blue helium filled balloons staggered at different heights. The piano will also have 1 group of the candles on aswell. For the pre-reception on the patio we are having plain white table and chair covers. Daniel thought this would make the room even more special as were not really having too much decoration. Each table will have a single 6" candle in a 9" vase.

Favors

Each guest is getting a milk chocolate Mickey and white chocolate Minnie wrapped in cello and tied with a baby blue ribbon. Also a chocolate placecard, white chocolate with a castle accent, again tied with a baby blue ribbon.

Well I think thats all floral.

Wow, this all sounds wonderful!

I have a toyboy too but whereas I'm 27 like you, he's 22 lol!

Floral BEO

Personal flowers

My bouquet $300
Light blue swarovski crystals $1 x 22 = $22
Refresh for MK shoot $100
Grooms boutonniere $15
Light blue swarovski crystals $1 x 3 = $3
Duplicate for MK shoot $18
Rose and delphinium boutonniere $12.50 x 5 = $62.50
Rose boutonniere $10.50 x 3 = $31.50
Rose and delphinium wrist corsage $26
Rose pin on corsage $20 x 4 = $80

Ceremony

Altar arrangement $225
Bubble bowls $15 x 2 = $30 (rental)
Bubble bowl arrangements $75 x 2 = $150
Columns with white skirting $25 (rental)
Light blue organza sash for column $12.50 x 2 = $25
Petals for aisle $250
Memorial red roses $5 x 2 = $10
Petal cones for staged exit $7.50 x 13 = $97.50
Moving fee $50

Pre-reception

White chair covers $8.50 x 15 = $127.50
6" candles $10 x 3 = $30
Vases $5 x 3 = $15 (rental)

Reception

Cake table

Acrylic ice $5
White and light blue petals $10
Candles $10 x 6 = $60
DFTW cake knife and server $50

Table

White table linen $15 x 4 = $60
Ice blue organza overlays $20 x 3 = $60
White chair covers with ice blue organza sashes $8.50 x 17 = $144.50
Ice blue napkins with sheer white ribbon $4 x 15 = $60
Acrylic ice $20
White and light blue petals $65
votives $2.50 x 15 = $37.50
Assorted candles $10 x 18 = $180
Assorted vases $5 x 27 = $135 (rental)

Other decor

Candles for piano $10 x 3 = $30
Balloon clusters $42 x 2 = $84

Favors

White choc placecards $6 x 15 = $90
Milk choc Mickey $4.50 x 15 = $67.50
White choc Minnie $4.50 x 15 = $67.50

Everything sounds great! Can't wait to read more? Do you have your dress yet?

I actually only finally made my final decision yesterday. It was between 2 that I really liked and just couldn't make my mind up. Anyway I was sure I had made the right decision but have spent all today panicking that I have made a mistake!!
Anyone else had this? Am I normal?
I finally decided on a ballgown style, very pretty, fairytale, princessy (not a real word but you know what I mean!), perfect for a Disney wedding. It was the one that everyone in the shop, staff and customers and my mum and aunt preferred on me. I have been comparing the photos of me in both and am just not sure now. The one I decided against I tried on in white and the one I chose i tried on in ivory as thats all they had. I have ordered it in white (which was one thing I was 100% sure I wanted) but am not sure if because I can't imagine it in pure white is making me think I prefer the other? Maybe? The main problem is I have lost 3 stone (it's true what they say about getting comfortable when you are in a relationship I had put on 4 stone since we got together!) I only have a stone to go but I still see myself as very big. The dress I decided against was an a line and gave me a gorgeous figure (for me to think that is pretty unbelievable). Although nobody else agreed I think the one I have chosen makes me look bigger than the other one. I must sound very vain and self obsessed but I'm really not I'm just hoping someone else has been through this and can reassure me. I'm sure in white, when I've lost the rest of my weight and it has been properly altered and fitted it will be perfect, right?

Anyway if anyone has any experience of the dress thing please let me know.

More plans..

Photography

Randy!!! We were so pleased he was available on our date. The first time we spoke on the phone it was like I had known him for ages. Him and Linda are so nice. We are having the package with unlimited hours.

Video

Stan!!! Again someone we really wanted. We are having the custom classic package with extra hours and HD.

Hair and make up

Beaute Speciale. Heard so much good stuff about them. I have requested Ana. I have no ideas on styles at the moment. Veronica has been great answering all my questions.

Tux rental and dress steaming

Carolyn Allens. All the men are hiring their suits from here. Again Kathleen has been really good answering my many emails.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter