Princess Dresses in the Heat

Kjbbach1

Mouseketeer
how do your little ones do in the heat wearing their princess dresses? They all seem so big and heavy for FL heat.

We always brought a change of clothes as well for whenever DD wanted to change, or if we had a later princess meal/BBB appt., we might bring the dress and change into it later. Depends on the kid and dress - some love to wear and want to keep on, others will want to take off quickly.

Thanks all. We went in November last year and even had to wear long sleeves underneath, worried they might melt in October this year:). I'll check out the nightgowns and changes of clothes.

they wore them over shorts and t-shirts/tank tops. When they were done with the dresses they were put in ziplock bags (a gallon works for most dresses if you squeeze out the air).

I ordered princess dresses off Etsy for our May 2015 WDW trip. They were much cooler than the typical Disney store costumes.

Here are my girls in both the longer version and short version of the same type dress...
IMG_2572.PNG IMG_2574.PNG

I'm bringing nightgowns. They're soft, lightweight and look like princess dresses. I'm also bringing the Disney dress up trunk from Amazon. It's a top and a skirt. Four diff princesses.

I'll also bring shorts and a tee to change into for them.

I saw this yesterday on prime day...

What are your opinions on it?

DD only wears costumes for character meals and special meets. My park purse is large enough to fit a gallon sized ziploc bag and I can fold a dress into one of those. (Her Belle and Elena ball gowns were a challenge, though!)

3 of our girls wanted them off as soon as it got a little warm out, our 4th will wear them from morning til night no complaints!! I've always taken a change of clothes in case. With 4 girls we've tried quite a few different companies but our youngest only likes the "itchy" ones from Disney, go figure!! My favorite to date was the minnie mouse sold at DTD a few years ago, it was so soft and looked comfy, of course it was their least favorite.... Have a great trip.

I have one for dd1. Bought another one for dd2. Is cute. Easy to travel to Disney.

Are you talking about the Amazon Trunk?

I'm curious about as there's many mixed reviews on Amazon website. Tought about trying them for my 5-year-old daughter.

I'm bringing nightgowns. They're soft, lightweight and look like princess dresses. I'm also bringing the Disney dress up trunk from Amazon. It's a top and a skirt. Four diff princesses.

I'll also bring shorts and a tee to change into for them.

I would think sleepwear fire retardant material is not very breathable. It is thin material but can also be a bit hot. Just a thought.

We always try and get an 8 a.m. BBB appointment and plan on doing our character greets/dining right after. I always have an extra outfit ready when our daughter decides when she wants to change out of the dress.

You could always go with the t-shirt/tutu option that BBB offers, as well. It's considerably cooler than the dresses.

I would think sleepwear fire retardant material is not very breathable. It is thin material but can also be a bit hot. Just a thought.

Yeah good point. I could see that. I'm only going to do dresses for character dining and meet and greets. Other than that shorts/tees or reg sundresses

Yeah good point. I could see that. I'm only going to do dresses for character dining and meet and greets. Other than that shorts/tees or reg sundresses

That's what we did when we went in the summer. And we'd sometimes change into them only for the dinner.

My daughter since she was 3 enjoyed wearing her princess dresses especially if we were going to MK. We always would go early at park opening and it's so adorable when you are walking down Main Street how many CM's would say Good Morning Princess or How are you Princess. She would have the biggest smile! Then about lunch she would be "so hot" so I always brought a backpack with a change of clothes and we would change in the restroom. Those were good memories!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!