Princess Fantasy Faire

dizzyami

<font color=green>That makes me happy<br><font col
Ok - I know there have been things said about this, but since it was not on the calendar for my trip, I didn't really pay much attention. The calendar is now saying that it will be done every day of my visit - so (fingers crossed) assuming it remains...have any of you done this, any info, feedback, and what exactly is it - anything including the word princess is a win at my house - but have no idea what it is???

Thanks!

i did a search on disneyland.com & couldnt find anything but fantasy faire gifts - nothing in regards to "princess fantasy faire"

does anybody have any add'l info?

Princess Fantasy Faire is a special interaction that replaced the Snow White Musical in Fantasyland Theatre. It's a place where you and/or your kids can meet your favorites princess(es), buy their clothes and make-up, and get lessons in manors from them. It sounds like a pretty cool thing to have. I hope I've helped.

...Joe...

NavyDotz said:
i did a search on disneyland.com & couldnt find anything but fantasy faire gifts - nothing in regards to "princess fantasy faire"

does anybody have any add'l info?

I searched too, couldn't find anything, I am glad I am not the only one!!

The Disneyland page reads: "Have a royal good time as Lords and Ladies of all ages are invited to join Disney Princesses and Princes at the Disney Princess Fantasy Faire. After exploring your creative side through dress-up, storytelling and crafts with Sir Elias, Lady Lillian and Royal Pages you're ready for your coronation - the crowning touch of this regal affair."

This could mean anything but I've seen it referred to as the girls eqivelent of the Jedi Training Academy.

Okay, Iwas just wondering if it would be wierd to take my son to this? We are deffinately doing the jedi training acadamy, but he really likes the disney princesses as well. He LOVES to play dress up and all the that is pretty and pink (he spends alot of time with his baby sis and me) I would appreciate some input on this, thanks. Oh by the way, hes only 4.

Super! Thanks for the input, I think he'll have a blast!

My daughters enjoyed the Fantasy Faire - more specifically getting their hair done. It costs 12-18 dollars to have their hair done in an up-do, another dollar for glitter, and a dollar or 2 for flowers and ribbons. The ladies do a great job and the little girls can look like princesses all day!

Thanks so much for the link to the photos. They're gorgeous!

Some questions for those that have already gone:

1. Is there a fee to just go and watch it all?
2. Is this only at certain times of the day?
3. From the pix, I saw 2 "levels" (around the stage and a bit further back). How do you get to be included in the part that's closest to the princesses?
4. I saw the crowns craft thing. Is there a fee for that? If so, how much?

Thanks so much in advance, and sorry for all the questions!

Joannie :)

I'm copying this off of another thread here:

We have some pics of the Fantasy Faire up and they are located at the Photos link at the top of the page.

Here they are, though, for your convenience.

As you enter the venue, you go under this sign:

princess-main-250.jpg

~ ºoº ~

There are areas set up where children can do crafts while they wait. These are set at both sides of the theater, looking down where the storytellings take place.

princessgallery8-250.jpg

~ ºoº ~

To the right is an area where young children can get costumes and be made up

princessgallery2-500.jpg

princessgallery3-500.jpg

~ ºoº ~

Down below, Minnie Mouse was greeting young guests, as well as a young girl (I'm not sure what she was called, but she was charming, and made sure to greet a lot of young guests)

princessgallery4-500.jpg

princessgallery9-250.jpg

~ ºoº ~

Up on top, there was a line where children stood with their autograph books and parents to go get a picture with Belle. This was in an enclosed area, and I did not want to stand in line, nor would they let me slip in to take a pic, so I don't have a picture of it. I did peek over the fence, though, and saw Belle taking pictures -- Meet and Greet.

~ ºoº ~

Down below, there is a stage set up beautifully, and then on the sides two areas set up for photos. The whole area is really pretty, and they played a medieval sounding type of music.

Here is the stage - nothing happened while I was there, so not sure what they use it for.

princessgallery11-500.jpg

~ ºoº ~

Here is one of the set-ups. Parents were taking pics of their little princesses & princes while I was there.

princessgallery10-500.jpg

~ ºoº ~

In front of the stage is an open area, and at the back are stadium seats where parents and other guests can sit and watch. You go up some steps, and these seats are behind a railing. Behind these seats is a wall, and on the other side of the wall, up on top at normal ground level, is the meet & greet that was going on while I was there. Facing from the stage, the costumes are on the left side in the back. You can't see them from the stage area.

~ ºoº ~

I sat there for awhile, just taking in the atmosphere. Then children started sitting on these circular mats around another set-up (on the left when you face the stage), and Snow White came to tell her story. She had a page help her, and she was soooo in character I sat and watched and really enjoyed her story.

princessgallery-250.jpg
~ ºoº ~
princessgallery7-250.jpg

princessgallery6-500.jpg

~ ºoº ~

There is more to the Princess Fanstasy Faire, but this is what I saw while I was there. :flower:

~ ºoº ~

1. Is there a fee to just go and watch it all?
No - you just go in and can wander at will.
2. Is this only at certain times of the day?
The Princess Fantasy Faire is throughout the day, however, the interactive stuff is at different times. I did not see a schedule, but I'm sure there is one somewhere.
3. From the pix, I saw 2 "levels" (around the stage and a bit further back). How do you get to be included in the part that's closest to the princesses?
You can just walk there. I was walking down on the main floor, and I sat up in the little stadium seating in the back to watch Snow White (I was just there to take the pics)
4. I saw the crowns craft thing. Is there a fee for that? If so, how much?
The only crafts I saw were coloring ones, and there was no fee. Hopefully, someone else will be able to tell, and if not, I'll just have to go back & do "research."

~ ºoº ~

This was under "show times"
DL Disney Princess Fantasy Faire (Fantasyland Theatre)
Fri-Sun: 10a - 6p Mon-Thu: 11a - 6p

thought that might help.

Just want to say this was awesome - and we saw all the princesses and got to be in the ceremony without spending a dime. There is about a 30 minute wait to see 3 princesses, all who will devote time to you child, and an awesome place to take photos. Keep in mind though that the princesses switch out every 20 minutes - so whoever you get in line to see, odds are they will be different by the time you are done. My daughter (and son) also loved the little ceremony where she was taught her manners. Great if you have a bit of time to spend - we saw Belle, Aurora, Cinderella, Mulan, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Princess Minnie and Snow White!!

We were there for a quick trip on Wed. Oct. 11th. According to a CM it was the 4th day for PFF. (I wondered why the face painting costs weren't posted yet).

The area where you make your own "paper crown" is free. They hand you a crown and a sheet of stickers to embellish with. There are also crayons and sheets to color on the tables-this is all free. There were tables set up on both the right and left side. Each one was attended by a "Lady" We meet, and took photos with both Lady Elise and Lady Claire. They were both wonderful with the girls, and stayed in character. Lady Elise told us the schedule for the Coronation. I think on that day is was 12, 12:30, and 1. Then it was also later in the day, about 4, I think., and after. In between they did something else-storytelling? We didn't wait for the coronation, we were getting hungry.

The line for the princesses looked to be about 45 min. or more. We decided to skip it. The stage is beautiful (see prev. posters pix). It's the scenery left over from the Snow White Musical.

If you have a stroller, you will have to park it over by SW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter