Princess Half Marathon without a package

jack'smom

Mouseketeer
My parents just decided to go to Disney in February next year (usually they are there in January) and their dates just happen to be during Princess Weekend. Since they are going to be there and will have a place to stay, I might as well go and run, right? Of course, it's sold out.

Do any travel agents sell just the bib? I have an annual pass so I don't need tickets and I won't need a room, since my parents always rent a house. If I can swing this trip on the cheap, I won't feel guilty running in February too since I'm already doing the Dopey in January.

I would recommend looking into Raw Threads club - you pay $125 for the initial year and get $25 of that back in a gift card, plus some fun merch. You can then register for the sold out races without needing a room or park tickets. Prices include the active fees too!

Then you can register for Disney races on your schedule since you can register often past the sell-out dates. Your membership also includes two buddy passes for friends/family. Keep in mind: They have to be people you know. They have a way to monitor and do check sites like Disboards and facebook so you can't give them to strangers or sell access to make a profit.

More info here: https://www.rawthreads.com/pages/raw-threads-club

I also use RawThreads and if you like their merchandise the monthly 'members only' offers make it pretty easy to recoup the cost of the membership. Princess is one of Disney's best selling races so it's less likely that travel agents (which never sell bibs just bibs) and charities (all of which have fundraising minimums) will lower their requirements the way they occasionally do when desperate to get rid of bibs for other races.

A question about the Raw threads membership...
Do you get your membership number right away. Looks like the princess half and the princess challenge have only 6 spots left between the two so I'll need to do this pretty quickly. Afraid that I'll get my membership but it will sell out before I can register.

Do you get your membership number right away. Looks like the princess half and the princess challenge have only 6 spots left between the two so I'll need to do this pretty quickly. Afraid that I'll get my membership but it will sell out before I can register.
So when I joined the club I did so with the intent to register for Dopey so I put both in my cart for the same purchase and didn't have any trouble. You can also email their customer service and let them know that you're placing the order together if you have any additional concerns.

Reach out to club@rawthreads.com and let them know what you intend to do. Membership usually takes 24 hours to post and your member number on file is actually your phone number.

Races aren't selling out quickly on there - so you have some buffer. They still have 2 Disneyland Half Challenges and those have been sitting unmoved for weeks now.

So when I joined the club I did so with the intent to register for Dopey so I put both in my cart for the same purchase and didn't have any trouble. You can also email their customer service and let them know that you're placing the order together if you have any additional concerns.

Aren't they wonderful? Kate and crew really do a good job at providing quality merchandise, promotions for members, and race registrations. It's made Disney race registrations less stressful since I seem to be in meetings when reg takes place!

Aren't they wonderful? Kate and crew really do a good job at providing quality merchandise, promotions for members, and race registrations. It's made Disney race registrations less stressful since I seem to be in meetings when reg takes place!
Kate is my favorite. She's so helpful.

I'm already registered for the half, but am super curious to learn more about Raw Threads. It's not the first time I've heard of the club, but I saw no need for it before I became interested in runDisney either. Question about the buddy passes...how does that work? It gives two friends or family members the right/ability to register for sold out races as well???

Yes, buddy passes can be given to real life friends and family members to join you. You get up to two per race weekend.

Mine usually go to my husband and then a friend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts