• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Private Plane - which airport to use?

highonpropane

Earning My Ears
We will be flying our own plane to Orlando in March for our first trip to WDW. Which airport should we use? Would Kissimmee Gateway be the closest? The availability of reasonably priced rental cars has to be considered. Can any other pilots give us some advice as to where to land, and how to get a car from that point? We will be staying at Vacation Village at Parkway (a timeshare resort near WDW). It is located at 3013 Parkway Blvd. Thanks.

Sorry, helicopter experience only. DH just put it in drive and headed south. We landed the whirly bird when we saw the roof of The Swan, which accomodated our chopper nicely.
Good luck!!

Not sarcasm. I WAS trying to be funny though. I thought it would be obvious. My apologies. If the poor guy or gal can't get help at least he or she could get a laugh.
I only wish I had a reason to know which airport I would have to fly my own plane into.
Still, to the OP Good Luck!!

LOL, denise, I thought you MIGHT be serious. Actually though, for a family of 7, having a small airplane of your own and using it to travel is cheeper than going on the airlines, even though my DH is an airline employee! And we don't have to go through security:p ...that's the best part!! Anyway, I figure there must be a private pilot or two on this board that knows their way around the area, so I hope to get some guidance.

I am glad that you understood the humor...
Really though, when I do a flight simulation I just look for something big enough to land on and go for it. I have given up on airports and runways. I just never make it. :teeth: :wave:

The scary thing is, I believed her... for a split second!!! No experience here, but Kissimmee has to be the closest!

Holly

From reading other recent posts about this subject and the fact that a close friend will be flying their plane in to join us and both have said that Kissimmee is the closets... Not sure of the rental car services available...

FYI, don't attempt to price an air charter!!

I did so last week from IND to MCO and back for 9 passengers:
Only $16,000 to $21,000

Highonpropane, I don't know the answer but can you swing by and pick me up on the way? :cool:

LOL! I would love to...it'd be nice to have a tour guide. However, our plane has exactly 7 seats, and we have a family of exactly 7. Maybe after the first one moves out in a few years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter